Reviews for Negima: Shadows of past and present
Rakaan chapter 28 . 4/28/2014
After having read many of the stories on the site it has gotten to the point where I have to sift through many stories and authors to find anything I like. Well-written stories like yours are gems and are the reason I bother spending so much time doing so. Thanks!
RandomReview chapter 42 . 4/19/2014
Okay just gotta say...late 30s is considered an "old woman" now? While past her prime, that is still fully ripened fruit! But yeah on to the actual review.

I started reading this story a long time ago and never did get to finish it as I loathe waiting for updates. Or maybe I did finish it...well anyway point is it's been a long time and I'm pretty much reading a completely new story now.

Besides some parts that could have used a proofreader to iron things out, top notch Negima fic! I have no complaints with the way things panned out. What happened to Negi's crew could have been fleshed out a bit more, but the decision to approach the epilogue like this is spot-on. Let the next generation be the judge of history and all that. I would agree that the ending would certainly make people hate you, but I notice that there is a sequel to this story. I look forward to reading it and hope it lives up to its predecessor (and hopefully with some of the grammar ironed out).
simple405 chapter 42 . 4/4/2013
An epic ending to an epic story. You have completed this great story and you have done so marvelously. I thought this story would end up with Negi dying like in your other story, but this has put a better ending in my eyes. This is an accomplished story that has a lot of effort placed in it and i know many would be very happy and greatful if you coninued your works in any form. I feel that you could publish your own novel if you made some original ideas like a fellow user, Z.N Singer.
The Black Guard chapter 42 . 8/18/2011
Are you gonna make a sequel based off the last chapter? This story is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read.
chrnno chapter 42 . 5/14/2011
"DAAAAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !"

Now with that out of the way... Awesome story, I began reading it because I ran out of fics that looked interesting in the series I was focusing (Fate/stay Night and Familiar of Zero mainly) and it got me quite quickly. Truly an epic story that in a way manages to stand on it's own.
godschild chapter 42 . 3/21/2011
i hate you!
Singular Poisonous Ashes chapter 42 . 2/12/2011
So he's still alive? Awesome! Please make a sequel, I promise I'll review every chapter. And it'll be more then just ''ur awsome!'' or something like that.

I really liked the story, at the beginning. The middle got alittle boring, and I didn't like your portrail of Kotaro that much, oh well. And how horrible to make Asuna the one to ''kill him?'' since she loves him. XxSpA
Racke chapter 42 . 1/8/2011
So, he's still alive... or is he?

A wonderful ending to a wonderful story, truly filling the "Dark fic" criteria whilst still keeping the beautiful amounts of nobility that belong in all Springfields.
Raj8 chapter 42 . 7/21/2010
this is amazing story is negi alive in negima shadows of the future
ColinatorGX chapter 42 . 5/19/2010
Not only this story was an extremely well-thought, darker and more cynical version of Negima, it stands by itself as an incredibly well-written story.
shelwyn chapter 40 . 4/15/2010
I looked through the first 20 chapters, it was all talk, almost no description, no nothing, I’m sorry but that is so boring, no details, just well sorry but I'm not into these kinds of fics, no matter how much I love negima, I just can't get into this fic.

I'm sorry I strongly dislike fics where its all speech.

I know that this is basically giving you no way of improving so I’ll say this. Add more details to the fic. It has so many chapters, but so few words, I know that there are over 100k words but that's not much for 40 chapters. To much talk, not enough of anything else.

Well that was my impression of the first 20 chapters anyway. I won't finish this fic.

I did my best not to try to flame you, no insults to you, your family, or w/e. Just some criticism.
Delusional Fishies chapter 24 . 3/19/2010
This isn't anywhere near a perfect Negi. He's at the stage in his life where he is most hormonal, but he still isn't getting any. Terrible.
shelwyn chapter 3 . 12/27/2009
Oh god this is one of those storys where everything is basically talk
shelwyn chapter 2 . 12/27/2009
Your hinting WAY to much at how great Negi is.
shelwyn chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Short, sweet, and undetailed, lol