Reviews for Alone in State
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
A great story. Very good.
Norrsken chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
Hello Euripides,

I'm new to your stories. This short one is a very good introduction and makes me want more. :)

You give us three poignant, most crucial moments from Hephaestion's life, and tell us very much in a few words. This alone is very skilled, indeed. Then, it is a very good story, too. The hurt / comfort moments are well achieved and one truly feels his pain and worries. Especially the moment when the doctors are talking over his head when he is severely wounded in his arm is well described. This often occurs even in our *civilized* times.

The moment when ALexander sits and holds his hand in the third critical moment is most beautiful. One wonders what could have been if he had been there in the same manner in Ecbatana...

All the best wishes and many thanks for sharing,

/NorthernLight
CoralDawn chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
Ah, fever at 4, 17 and 31 and he survives all of those. And dies alone when he's 32. Is my math correct? The injury at 17 must be from Chaeronea. Where is Alexander? Why isn't he comforting Hephaistion?

I NOW see what the line in your story "Rain" meant - when Alexander hates India for stealing what he loved - Hephaistion's fever in India weakened him so that he couldn't survive his last illness in Ecbatana! Could very well be!
lize chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
I really enjoyed this one even though it was so sad. I liked the part about Bagaos taking care of him. Please update Far Away From Here soon. So many authors leave the their stories half finished, maybe for reasons beyond their control, and it is incredibly frustrating. I love to read the end of the story. Thanks
kandice chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
I reaaly liked your story. I love the way tou descrbed how Hephastion was feeling. I'm really looking forward to your next one. I also am hoping you update Far Away.
Arlad chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Wow, short and poignant, like a shot to the heart. I loved the way you managed to convey so much in such short paragraphs, through a few chosen words you made me see the whole image. Lovely :)
Baliansword chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
I love what you have done, picking out three very important pieces of Hephaestion's life. I enjoyed your descriptions of all three. There is a pain throughout the writing, leading up to the end, and I enjoyed it. I almost get a hint that the end is supposed to be disheartening, but I think that I find some peace in it. He did not die as a babe, and he did not loose the arm, and even in death he never lost what he truly wanted -that being his Alexander. I eagerly look forward to more of your work.

Baliansword
Sushoo chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
wow, this was so sad..

But you make his emotions sound so real!

I hope to read more from you soon (maybe forgotten lakes hehe)