Reviews for Running Blind
So sad :'(
Onba chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
*Cry*
JustGrace13 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Very pretty - I liked the idea and last line a lot. It was very emotional but it was good.
Azureila chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Wow. That was very touching. And angsty in its own right. What I like the most is how you could explore Near's emotions without getting too sappy. Realistic touch is nice, too ;). Good job!
Coryx chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Wow. :/ Poor little Near.

I'm a Near anti, sort of, but... You have to wonder if he does, in fact, have emotions. Somewhere.

Only a foot? Better that my eyesight... I get about four inches, if I'm lucky. Still, only a foot is pretty bad.
Made of Honor chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
This is beautiful. I never knew that Near was suffering a disorder, which explains the facts about his appearance and behavior. I actually found this interesting and thought-provoking. I thank you deeply for writing this.

I also don't understand why everyone dislikes this character. They only concentrate on the thought that he acts too arrogant and blunt and stoic. If they read this story, would they change their minds?
marchi chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
*Sigh*... What a story. Amazing.
Yuen chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Oh my god... This is so sad I actually cried. So wonderfully angsty and beautifully crafted emotional passages... excellent piece.
Ariel D chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Near's pain seeps out of this piece; it's an excellent illustration of what he must feel inside. I especially like this line: "So very, very inhuman, just as he liked them. Machines didn’t hurt him." Very telling.
Akane chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
(First of all, please excuse my bad English).

I'm with everyone else, this fic made me cry _ *has teary eyes right now* But I didn't start crying at the end, I started at the middle!

This was so beautiful and perfect, I love how you portrayed Near's feelings and the emptiness left for him. I've always thought that Near avoided feelings on purpose, as things would be easier that way (like the time Mello visited his headquarters for the first time, he didn't turn to look at him, not even when he gave him his photo). But he never cries, never complains, never does anything, he just suffers everything in silence. Just a gesture from him, though, like the time he was eating Mello's chocolate, is enough to say it all; he doesn't need tears to show how empty he feels. Near's unspoken language, Near's unspoken sadness... You magistrally portrayed them all in your fic, it's really, really touching.

Keep up the great job! (T_T)
Spinereader chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
That last line made me cry! In fact the whole thing was heartbreaking. I like seeing a humanized Near. He's emotionally locked up so tightly in the manga that it doesn't give you any insight into his mind.

Before I shut up, I do have one question. In all the manga and art book pictures his eyes are completely black, but in here are pale blue. Do you have a reason for the change? Does he perhaps wear tinted contacts generally to see better? He doesn't seem to have many vision problems in the series, so I wondered.

Your stories are always so beautiful and I can't thank you enough for sharing them with everyone.
ItsLukasBondevik chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
That was absolutely wonderful. I... I actually started to cry by the end of this, if that doesn't sound too lame. That was amazingly written, and beautifully executed. Both L and Mello, gone forever, and Near, left alone. It's so sad to think about for me, since Near is quite an interesting character, and how he seems to have no emotions.

He simply bottles everything inside. For your other story, I said that Near didn’t have an emotional affiliation, but I suppose I was very, very wrong. Blind in a way, I guess. He doesn’t want to feel, because everything seems to go that much smoother when he doesn’t.

I’m still trying to stop crying, sorry. I feel so bad for the guy, for losing everything that mattered to him. It’s not fair. Thanks for sharing this story, I’m very glad you did.