Reviews for Why He Runs Alone
ber1719 chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
I love you. You're a-amazing. I read this and I can see what you're getting at. I'm actually watching all of the series today, so I can see exactly what you're talking about today. :)
iHedge chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
Hello! This is more of a second review for that "discontinued" Band of Brothers story with Bull and Sloan and Harris and everyone in it..

And I'd just like to say that I heartily encourage you to continue it...because it's amazing and Bull needs more love on here. Ahem.

So. Hooray for Speirs!
Darkover chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
Dear Winter-Rae: I admit, I did not care for how the story started out. I was afraid that it was going to be yet another "Speirs is a psycho" type stories that are too common in BoB fan fiction. It was not Speirs' fault that those Dog Company men died in taking the guns, and it seemed wrong to blame him for it. But happily, you rose above all that. It did not occur to me that Speirs might wrongly blame *himself* for their deaths, which is how you portrayed his view in your story. It is the sign of an original story that it gives the reader a new perspective on things, and that is what you have done here. It did not occur to me until you mentioned it, that Speirs *did* seem to take all the risks himself, maybe for the reason you suggested. You have presented us with a highly-original, well-written story. Also, Speirs' line about Dike, "a man who I would not trust with a rock," made me laugh out loud, and laugh for so long that it was a few minutes before I could calm down. That sounded like the sort of caustic but funny thing Speirs might say. You wrote several other comments, such as; "he's literally shaking with fear, which disgusts me," that struck me as completely in-character for Speirs. This story was very good! Thanks for writing and posting it.
JumpGirl42 chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I think that it was really nice to see the other side of Speirs that actually has compassion or sympathy for those killed. he seems reather heartless but he's human too.
samile chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I like it; You did a lovely job! Take care :)