Reviews for Lesson Number Five
vieralynn chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
I *really* like this. I like how you show the change in the attitudes and motivations that Reks holds, all within a very short fic.

There was a part of me that wanted this to be a little more bloody and a little more blunt/brutal on the second and third lesson. That would make the punch of the fourth lesson even stronger.

One nitpick: "a lot of green behind the ears" - this is an expression I'm not at all familiar with although I understood intuitively what it was supposed to mean. Nonetheless, it bumped me for a moment.
f u r o g u chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
obtaining things from a fict is really nice.

awesome fict. really, really good.

your ficts are interesting.
Ryfee chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
bloody. lol. bloody.

i love this one. i think you captured reks really well here. from how he wanted to join the war & etc~

and the lesson things. i just love them so much.

the third lesson was bloody lol. xDD;

very good work. keep writing!

(and the ending, twas very nice) well done with your reks small ficlet (:

Mariagoner chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Good Reks fic is worth it's weight in gold and I love how much intelligence and imeptuousness you give him in this piece. Brilliant!
thermopylae chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
Wow, I really liked this. There was such a great contrast between Reks's games and the realities of war. You also did a great job of showing how Reks's motives changed as he did. The beginning was a little choppy - I liked the 'train of thought' feel of the narrative, but in some places it was a litle too fragmented or rambly, like when you use long parenthetical asides. Still, awesome fic, and the final line is truly fantastic.

ritachi chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Oh, that is so bittersweet! In the beginning, I was chuckling from all the things Reks did with Vaan and Penelo because it just seemed so much like that. So childish, so innocent, so adorable. Yet when he entered the war, it seemed the story took a much darker turn. I felt myself go from chuckling to solemn as I read the words that spoke about Reks' experiences. It was so true yet heartbreaking. And the ending reminded me of the event that just tore me up when I was playing the game.

Don't worry too much about this story. It's very, very good; however, I would like to say that "Playing with Fire" was much better in spite of the fact that it felt very incomplete.