Reviews for After the Fall
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 15 . 7/21
Aahhh, that perfect Fifth Element scene recreation. Very well done.
Mysterious Loser chapter 16 . 4/20
I wish I had found this story years ago.

I know that this story hasn't seen an update in many years, but I hope this review finds you well. You, my friend, are a master of the writing craft. You have the exceptional ability to convey voice and tone in both dialogue and narrative summary relative to the character, no matter who it is that is speaking, and keep them in character. Even the minor characters in Trigun were interesting to read about because of their creative backstories that followed after the events in Trigun, and the written tone in each scene. The writing was entertaining, both inside dialogue and out, and I almost never felt confused during the movement and action scenes. Vash bending Anthony's arm back and how it was done was vivid in my mind.

I adore all of the little nuances you gave to each character to flesh them out and make them more alive than the series and manga do: Meryl being able to hot wire automobiles (which I would do anything to find out that story), Wolfwood (smoking, of course) talking to Father Allen (I'm extremely curious to know what they were talking about) while being able to catch the garter without much effort, and the little bit about Knives doing a crossword puzzle while talking to Vash. It's a small detail but adds so much to his character that allows the readers to see a different side to what has already been conveyed in the series and manga.

And speaking of the series and manga, you have merged the two quite cohesively, down to a point where the entirety of it felt canon. You did so well when adding in your own material that I had to stop and question if what I was reading was still canon to the series, and THAT is an amazing feeling. Bringing Wolfwood back into the story felt natural and left me asking, "Hey, why couldn't that have happened in the series?" but alas, and now I couldn't see the story without Wolfwood being there. The Thompson farm was a fantastic scene, the whole bit of it, and, again, left me wondering where the canon ended and your material started. And Knives. I must say that in the short amount of time in which we see him you have done very well in creating a well-rounded version of him. I want to know more about those night terrors that he has and I love how it holds him back from being the completely powerful and in control plant that he prides himself on being. I love how he can flinch from guilt before resolving himself into the hateful person we know him as. This story is one of the strongest stories that I have read that tackles his character head-on and makes the realistic point that Knives can, indeed, change.

Although I would love to see where this story is headed, I understand your plight and confess that I've left many stories behind for the reasons you've stated. One just recently, as much as it pains me to say. I do hope that, one day, we will see the rest of your vision unfold. This is, by far, my most favorite multi-chapter Trigun story and, I say it with utmost sincerity and gratitude that it has inspired me to pick up and rewrite my own Trigun story that I abandoned twelve years ago.

As many others before me have said, if this is the end, thank you so much for the ride. It was worth every moment of my time and every moment that I spend re-reading this in the future.

- Mysterious Loser
Arktos chapter 16 . 2/4
This is honestly, hands-down my favourite Trigun fic ever. The amount of effort and detail put into it is just incredible. I can't pick a favourite line because there are so, so many. It began promising and then quickly spiraled into this incredible mishmash of subplots that all work really together and add substantially to the fun. I hesitate to use a word like 'epic', but, I just really find this story so impressive! Rehabilitating Knives, bringing Wolfwood back, the 'wanted and on the run' issue, the romance between Vash and Meryl...it's just all very beautifully written.

Like, honestly, I have no clue if you plan on continuing this (three years, I'm praying that's not too long) but if you don't, I really must say it's been more then worth the ride. I don't think I've been this entertained by fanfiction in a long time! I've literally read this twice already and I expect I'll probably be reading it over again in the future! Thank you for your hard work!
MyGravity-FALLS chapter 16 . 1/7
I've read this story once before I believe when it had less chapters. So reading it now again I remember how much I loved it. Even though it's been a while I wanted say I think your story is really great. Fodder for my big imagination and inspiring to someone who loves to write like I do.
soopahdope chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
I'm back. Reading this again. LOL.

Come backkkk!
pachi-chan chapter 16 . 4/10/2015
okay, yes, this is one of the best fics Ive read... like ever, so imagine my surprise (and pain) when i realized you haven't uploaded in years, of course i usually pick fics which are complete, and for some reason i thought this one was, but when i finally realized it was not, i've already read chapter 5 and couldn't stop reading. So if you ever start writing this fic again, i beg you to tell me so i can enjoy this wonderful story!
(btw, Knives is an ass... im dying to see what makes him change. Oh! and that scene between Vash and Meryl... you almost gave a heart attack)
0ayumi0 chapter 16 . 4/6/2015
Super super ! j'adore ! il n'y aura vraiment pas de suite ? c'est tellement bien !
hinata2kill chapter 10 . 2/16/2015
i say there should be a little merylxknives
just saying
cocoa.choco.sprinkles chapter 15 . 9/2/2014
I believe I have read this story 4 maybe 5 times now. I understand that you have had writer's block and real life got in the way of things, but please don't leave us hanging on this one. It really is just lovely with all kinds of nuances and attention to many different genres.

I have especially been anticipating Knives' (conscious) interaction with the other main characters and have very much been looking forward to that.

But so many things I think you do well from writing action to writing romance, so please continue on. If you are looking for suggestions, I can tell you what direction I had an inkling this story would take and what I hoped would happen. Or, if you could just tell us how you intended to end this 'cuz I am not one for this much suspense. I have read this story since it first initially came out. It's 2014 now! Ack! Ha ha.

Thank you for your consideration.

CCS
OrihimeKurosakiInoue chapter 16 . 1/13/2014
Awww This Story Is Great ! You havent't Updated In 2 Years D; But I'll Add This To My Favorites & Hope You'll Updated Soon !
BlackDewInTheMorning chapter 16 . 10/20/2013
I looove your depiction of Knives! I found him a much mor empathetic character in the manga, and I absolutely love how you mixed th anime and manga worlds together for the best of two. Worlds.

I know it's been a couple years since you've updated, but as a fellow author who has had to go on long hiatus either because of real life or writer's block, I hope you make it back eventually! Until then, this story will be sitting very nicely in my favorites folder. :)

What questions you've left open! Given your talent for fight scenes and tender angst scenes (Vash's surgery, Knives' nightmare), I can imagine where this was going. I can only hope to be able to hear it from your screen to mine, eventually. Your humor and tenderness and pure humanity of this story makes it a unique treasure in theworld of fanfiction, and now I'm sad that yours was the first Trigun fanfiction I came across, because I know it will probably not be topped. Your voice and descriptions are brilliant, and can I throw out how much I love your previous chapter summaries? Lol...

As a fellow writer I want to thank you for the time and effort you put into this delightful gem. I know I it's fun, but that doesn't mean it's not a lot of hard work and time! I hope that life finds you well.
BlackDewInTheMorning chapter 15 . 10/20/2013
Faaaaaaar too much awesomeness in this chap. Great action, and I really do llove how spot on the dialogue is. I have had multiple lol moments! You area great writer!
BlackDewInTheMorning chapter 12 . 10/20/2013
Wheeeee! Awwwww! Squeee! This is so adorable! How do y catch so much feeling without becoming overly sentimental?. 3
Blackdewinthemor chapter 11 . 10/20/2013
So I should be asleep. Like, two hours ago asleep. But now, I'm still reading, and just checked and saw there were only 16 chaps to this story and I reeeeeeeallyhope you got to a good ending before you wrapped this up. This is amazing,! The feels!
Blackdew chapter 3 . 10/19/2013
Thank you for writing this story so I don't have to. This is everything I was looking for in a trigun fanfic, but far better written than I could have swung a bat at. You hit he characterization a write on the nose. Thank you for sharing!