Reviews for Mirela:Under the Gypsy Sky::Lily: Under a Dark Sky
icanhearthedrums chapter 6 . 9/12/2013
I LOVE HELENE!
Llandaf chapter 33 . 2/23/2008
Hi!

That was good. I enjoyed it. Now on to Leifmotif. It's an excellent story. I am curious as to why you set it in Savannah. I believe Galveston had its first opera house by then and was well on its way to being the "Wall Street of the South". The Grand, the current opera house, was build in 1894. I don't know if you've ever been to Galveston, but it has beautiful Victorian archetechture. The decorative and strong buildings stayed pretty much intacked when most of the island was washed away by the 1900 Hurricane. It was, in terms of lives lost, the U.S.A.'s worst natural disaster. ( I don't think Katrina surpassed the 8,0 lost on Galveston Island.)

I always thought it would be cool to write a fic about Eric moving there after the fire, reasserting his archetecture skills, and really designing the buildings that Nicholas Clayton got credit for. I've never written a fic and I'm not certain about how to develop this idea. I haven't written anything in ages.

I'm looking forward to more and I shall go back and read some of your other stories.

Llandaf
Mels4 chapter 33 . 1/8/2008
Well, I lied. I was going to go right to the next story in line on your profile page, but I was still interested in Erik, Susanna (they hadn't even had their wedding yet!),Rand, Mirela and Lily and Anthony. I'm sorry that you didn't get the interest you wanted in this story, I loved it. Poor Lily, it was good to see her finally accept Anthony's love, and even have a baby. I also loved how sweetly Rand always treated Mirela, and how he came to her defense and almost strangled Mathias's brother! And Erik and Susanna's wedding sounded beautiful, and what would a wedding be without Lily interrupting? I loved your characters and would have loved to have read about Jackson's life in America and the books he wrote. And of course I would have wanted to find out who Grandmother Talbot had in mind for Jackson's wife! Great story, now I guess I will go back to the next in line! Take Care. Mels
silverblue60 chapter 33 . 1/6/2008
Of course we remember these characters! As I recall, I was one of the ones who felt sad at Jackson leaving in such a defeated way. Loved this; you've brought the story full circle, working your magic simply and sweetly in very few words, with surprise, happiness, laughter, and love. Thanks!

I'm off to enjoy Leitmotif...
fictionreader chapter 33 . 1/3/2008
A happy ending indeed! Thanks for posting this.
Vampiric Phantoms chapter 33 . 1/3/2008
YAY! We finally got the ending. It was so good and funny. Poor Erik almost killed Jackson. And poor Jackson just had the best homecoming ever, don't ya think? LOL And did I read correctly? Erik and Susanna have a baby together? That's wonderful! Oh, I love happy endings lol. Loves it, absolutely loved it.
Tadriendra of Mirkwood chapter 33 . 1/2/2008
"“Erik, what the devil going on?”" Devil is going.

"... she gave her brother in law a kiss..." I think brother in law should be brother-in-law, but I'm not 100% positive.

Yay! Jackson's back! But, I must agree with Grandmother Talbot, why couldn't he have come at a decent hour?

I had forgotten about this story- I almost didn't remember what had happened, but after reading the first few paragraphs, everything came back to me.

Update soon!

~Tadriendra, Lady of Mirkwood
terbear chapter 33 . 1/2/2008
Please, oh, please, tell me you'll eventually write another sequel for this story - maybe about Jackson? I've adored every word you wrote with Erik and Elizabeth as a baby, and this was a treat to see him with his new little girl. I've enjoyed all of your unique characters in this series and would love to read more about their adventures. I'm sure there are others like me who would be interested.
Mominator chapter 33 . 1/2/2008
“Wife. Wife. Wife,” Grandmother replied crabbily. “A wife. You know, so I can have more grandchildren before I'm dead and gone. I want more babies in my arms, and I want them now!”

ROTFLMAO! Yup, Grandmother Talbot is STILL my favorite OC. XD

I love your characterizations (especially Gramma T. ;D), and I'm very pleased to be revisiting Erik and the others, AND that Jackson is back.

But . . .

. . . this chapter seems more like a continuation of the old story, or the beginnings of a new one, than an epilogue. Perhaps this is a glimpse of what's to come in the future? I've certainly got more questions now than I did before. What about Jackson's music? When did he become a storyteller? I thought Lily couldn't HAVE children? (Of course, doctors made more misdiagnoses back in those days.)

Not to mention we missed out on the whole "Erik becomes a father" thing with Isabel. That was SO totally unfair!

So, looks like you've got a bit of work to do in your "spare" time. (We fanfic fans are like Audrey in "Little Shop of Horrors." You've always got to "feed us." ;D)

Barb

Btw, LOVED the epilogue. :D
JackieLu chapter 33 . 1/2/2008
I am so glad you wrote an epilogue to complete this story. I had actually forgotten about it. What a delightful happy ending! Besides Erik, one of my very favorite characters in your stories is Grandmother Talbot. She is such a hoot. You just never know what is going to come out of her mouth next. She always knows how to put Erik and everyone else in their place with her sharp retorts.
Angie38 chapter 33 . 1/2/2008
I'm so glad Jackson came home! Love the update
you alone chapter 32 . 6/29/2007
Yay! Erik is now married...with children!

Emma was certainly the emotional one! "My wedding was perfect. It was the groom I didn't like"! Lol. She can say that now, in front of her husband because she and Colin do love each other.

A beautiful, poignant moment between Henri and Susanna before the ceremony. Poor Henri. I wish he could find a woman who will love him. He deserves happiness too.

Susanna is lucky to have Erik, who seems to never grown tired of kissing her and can't keep his lips off her during the ceremony. What fun!

Anthony has finally proposed to Lily, making her an offer she can't refuse...and loud enough to totally disrupt the whole ceremony! Guess it would take something like that to make stubborn Lily admit she loves him and agree to marry him. Anthony is very brave. No one in their right mind would dare to interrupt the wedding ceremony of the former Phantom of the Opera! I think Erik and Susanna will forgive them though.

Grandma Talbot is a brilliant addition to this story. She can pretty much get away with the outrageous things she says and does because of her age. Not that she ever really cared what anyone thought, lol. She was definitely a brilliant catalyst for the impossible relationship between Anthony and Lily.

Thank you for this story, even if the star, Erik, is secondary here. Everyone isn't a star, but everyone is important, including the other characters in this story. Loved it!
Vampiric Phantoms chapter 32 . 6/26/2007
I finally got to reading all you have posted in this chapter!

This is very very good, and I'm so happy to finally see Erik and Susanna married. And the brief interruption with Lily and Anthony was so sweet! Poor Erik, though. Helene's comment to his reaction to the interference was particularly funny though. Good work, and there is more to come, yes?

Meghean
Phantomforever chapter 32 . 6/23/2007
Wooho! Cheers, applause, showers of rose petals, a clink of the champagne glasses in honor of a wonderous chapter! Delightful and enchanting writing, I relished every word. Thank you!
mantharie chapter 32 . 6/23/2007
Oh, that was so sweet! Definitely one of the strangest wedding scenes I've ever read, though one of my favorites. I loved Anthony's proposal, as well. I think it was perfect timing, though I'm sure Erik would like to disagree.