Reviews for Gavotte
Merrri chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Nice! :) :)

Can't stop smiling at the end of that...

Lovely...the British are a funny lot, are they not? :)

Thanks!
HisLight.InMe chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Really lovely and very true to the real story in form and in the characters. Great job!
MidnyghtVampyrezz chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Adorable!
Pimpernel Princess chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Great job! Your prose was quite like the Baroness's, which I appreciated. However, you don't mention when this fic took place until halfway through. You probably would have wanted to mention it at the beginning. But that is my only little nitpick. Well done-bravo!
RodentOfUnusualSize chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Very well done. I like it.
Isha-libran chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Hmm. I like this look at this one moment in the book. That line caught my eye, too, and it was nice to see how it could have been.

Thanks for sharing this! )
Regina-sp chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
WOW! That was really beautiful!
percyismine chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
so cute! i love how it is all from marguerite's perspective, but by using her you get these flashes into percy. my favorite is how you have her keep wondering where percy is, and then say that his eyes flashed differently and then he was there. it follows so well with the idea that he has two personalities as the scarlet pimpernel.

great job!

i think you should do more as part of a series of different events
AlannaXJon4ever chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
very well written
mauraudersminuspeterarehot chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
this was super! i love the way you have immersed yourself in the period, and the constraints and on dits that characterised it... this actually made me squeal with happinness. and the fact i felt i had to tell you that, i think, tells its own tale.
SadArticle chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
I was reading to the rhythm of the gavotte in the second part of your story, and Marguerite's thoughts and fears as Percy weaves in and out of her arms as well as her life are beautifully expressed. 'Her eyes held her heart', 'a rightness in the movement' - I'm sure Orczy would be proud of such sentiments! I could have stayed on my feet for a few more twists and turns, and some added angst, but I suppose it was all more than Marguerite could bear in one evening! And your persnickety beta-reader missed a misspelling, as t'were - 'Lady Ffoulkes'! 'Tis but one natural flaw in the material.
SPLeaguer chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
Brilliant! This a another great missing snippet from the book series! I'm sorry I've nothing in the form of a creative or constructive critique, I'm still just grinning from reading this. Look very much forward to reading more from you in the future! Bravo!