Reviews for Restoring the Balance
aussiechick21 chapter 2 . 2/11/2007
Yay you updated!

What an exciting start to my morning :)

You write the boys' emotional turmoil so well, my heart is just breaking for Dean at the moment...hurry up Sam and save him!

And your storyline is really good, well plotted and original...you're doing a great job, can't wait to read more.

Thanks for sharing!
carocali chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Wow! That's a lot of words! It's hard to sit for that long, but I'm glad I did.

You have a lot of really nice stuff in this novel of yours! I am always a sucker for someone who puts a little more thought (research) into their stories. It just makes it all more legit! And I really like the idea of the emotions in the different languages pulling from the victims. Very cool!

The 'puppy dog eyes' that Dean has to put up with are now two-fold, which adds a nice element of humor to the story. I also am really enjoying your use of the flashback. It is quite effective in Dean's personal hell!

I'll try and get to your other chapter, but any chance I can convince you to make them shorter? It's easier to get caught up then. Pretty please? :D

Thanks for the cool start!

:D

caroline
aussiechick21 chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Wow!

That was fantastic! Thanks for such a great, long first chapter...loved it so much!

The storyline, brilliant, the interaction between the brothers, so touching and perfectly written, the puppy...pure genius! I wish you had more written because as soon as I finished reading this I wanted more! You are a great author, can't wait to read more of this story...please update soon, and hope to see and read more of your work around here on a regular basis.

More please!
neonchica chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Whew, talk about a marathon read. Took me a day and a half to get through that in between work and sleep and all. Loving the story; loving the premise. Excellent work for your first fic. I can't wait to read more!
Nimrodel Lorellin chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
I loved it! More, please!

Hugs :-)
iris254 chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
wow. that's really the only word I can think of, and if this was just the start, I can't even imagine where this is going. I loved the reveal about how sam initially got injured, that was really bugging me and I didn't know if you were going to say. So when you did, it was exciting.

I loved dean's comment, "go minidean". I could totally see him saying this on the show.

Although, (and I can't believe this is only one chapter), I would have posted it in smaller pieces, just becuase it's easier to read that way. But overall, great job!
Onthnis chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
Awesome start...Great story! Can't wait for more!
Tiger Eyes3 chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
I really like this fic. Hope you update soon.
Dreema Azaleia Wingblade chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
fiuh that was long but yeah I love long long chapters like this one it was awesome and I cant wait for the next one so please updat ASAP
LadyVader1014 chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
wow so totally sucked into this story, there was so much that when I reached the end and saw the TBC...I screamed "NO!"

I want more so please update soon! :)

there is so much to love about this story, I don't think it started out slow and I was so curious on how Sammy got hurt and if I'm understanding it correctly, you revealed to us how it happened by Dean re-living his greatest scare/fear? right?

either way great description of the scenes and love how you made the deep feeling of protectiveness from Dean come alive in words. I could see it in my head when usually its Jensen Ackles' great acting makes it so real but your words got it dead on. Great!

oh, the puppy is too cute!

take care
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
I don't even know where to begin. This is so INCREDIBLE in every way that I am completely at a loss for words. I just can't get over how freaking fantastic it all is. You have written the boys SO well, and I am aching for both of them. Dean is killing me. His worry and guilt - he feels that way enough when Sam is fine, let alone when he's almost lost him. Being trapped in that horrible moment, reliving watching his brother nearly die, would be the worst form of torture.

And Sam with the "guilt of being Dean's worst moment." Oh GOD, you just broke me in half with that.

And you gave us 30,0 words right out of the gate. Do you know how absolutely treasured that is? BEYOND. It is beyond kind, beyond wonderful, to leave us with that much to chew on (and re-read) before you put up the next chapter (which will hopefully be soon).

Seriously - can't sing your praises enough. I just kind of want to bask in this fic's loveliness for a while . . .

THANK YOU - and more SOON, PLEASE.
Somebody Once chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
Wow.

Just WOW.

I can't even begin to describe how amazing this is. What a start and how thrillingly LONG, i have been truly engrossed in your storytelling for the last hour and what a pleasure it's been.

You are extremely talented, and have captured the essence of Sam, Dean and supernatural perfectly.

I adore a good bit of Sam whoompage and protective big brother dean and you have it and the angst down in spades.

Truly BRILLIANT first chapter, I'm hanging on your every word and can't WAIT for more.

Charli x
Eve2006 chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
Brilliant, I love the way that you showed the previous hunt little by little throughout the chapter. Hope they keep Little Dean! Can't wait for the next chapter...update soon.
Poppyflake chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
Good chapter (if long!) Please update soon.
Samjacklover aka Sammy chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
Interesting so far! Please keep it coming!
136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »