Reviews for Stay With Me
I love this so much. I wish it continued. I was hoping to have a continuation with Hitomi and Van having children. 3
SnowNineTale chapter 21 . 12/12/2014
Great story!
xainelle chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
i just rewatched The Vision of Escaflowne after 10 years. After all this time it is still so beautiful and remains to be one of my fave animes of all time. Thank you for this fic. This is my fave Escaflowne fic. I wished this anime got an OAV or a remake. I miss is so much.
drika chapter 21 . 2/28/2012
That was a really good fic!
Mikado X Goddess chapter 21 . 2/15/2012
brilliant story! i love it! going into my fave's!

seemed like varie was a bit of bitch though - anywa freat fanfic!

~Mikado xx
tifa07 chapter 21 . 11/13/2010
Good story, it's well written. I enjoyed reading it and definitely will add to my favorites. I also love your original characters, Hiko and Kanta are lovable characters. Actually, I was hoping at first that they will fall in love with each other and end up together, but having Hiko saw a Kanta lookalike in earth, I thought that this was much better ending for him. :) Good Job, will look forward to another escaflowne story!
Apri-Chan chapter 21 . 5/5/2010
OH...thank you thank you thank you.. I just finished watching escaflowne and I was SO dissapointed with the ending i had to find a fanfic to scrub out the stupidness that is the ending of the show. You did it so perfectly that is the story i was looking for. So thank you thank you thank you.
ShineInTheStorm chapter 7 . 2/28/2010

I'm only on chapter 7 but I STILL LOVE IT. lol

I was SO. IMMENSELY. pissed off by the anime series. Why the HELL did they have to separate at the end? WHY couldn't she have just stayed with Van and then live happily ever after? As you can see, I'm a hopeless romantic... So anyway, I had myself a good cry after the last episode and then promptly set out in search of an awesome story that would make me feel less depressed and pissed off, so I thank you for providing me with one D

I have yet to read the ending so I hope it's not sad, otherwise that will totally defeat the purpose... lol

It's still a great story! :)
SakuraJade chapter 21 . 2/4/2010
Wow, that was a really beautiful story. You did a wonderful job with the plot and all the characters were very in character so that was great. The song by Three Doors Down that you chose for this final chapter has a special meaning to me b/c my fiance and I were in a long distance relationship during our time in college and so this song reminded us of each other during those three years. I agree with you that it fits Van and Hitomi.

I have to say, I espeically enjoyed your original characters. Both Hiko and Kanta blended with the canon characters perfectly and played out their roles in the story well. I became very attached to them by the end of the story and am sad they won't be in any other Escaflowne fics I read since they aren't really from Escaflowne lol Maybe my attachment to them stems from all the work you put into their back stories (which was great, btw), I'm not sure. But I do know that I enjoyed them so wonderful job there. I really liked how you worked Kanta into the flashbacks of the original story, showing us where she was and what she was doing during key parts. That was really cool.

I'd also like to take a moment to praise you for your writing. I thought everything flowed really well and the only reoccurring typos I saw was "choked" being spelled "chocked" and "Zaibach" being spelled "Zaiboch." Otherwise typos seemed few and far between, another huge plus.

If the original creators decided to make a sequel series and end it RIGHT (by having Hitomi stay with Van) I could totally see this being it. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this fantastic fanfic and completing it! I'm sure there are many other Van/Hitomi fans that appreciate it as well :)
psychochild88 chapter 21 . 9/26/2009
I really enjoyed this story. I think you did a very good job at staying true to the characters. One word of critism: be careful about repeating your imagery. I understand what you mean by it, but if you use it too much it can be overkill. Examples: blood thundering in his/her ears, slanted light, and Von pulling his leg to his chest. I know that the last is character, but be sure not to do it too often, it starts to lead the reader to already know what you are going to say next. keep them guessing! You can say the same idea, but try and use different ways to say it. Overall great job. I was aching for a little more mush from V&H but thats the girly side of me I guess. Thank you for writing!
psychochild88 chapter 6 . 9/24/2009
awesome! I love it so far!
Kyonkyon01 chapter 21 . 9/2/2009
I was like yeah! Take that biotch, you can't separate them! lol Seriously, Van's mother was really pissing me off in that chapter. But I'm glad they overcame it.

The only improvements I would make is to give Van and Hitomi's wedding some more detail and I think you may want to rethink the fight Van has with Balgus when he's "dead" a little bit. What Van said to Folken and his father , declaring his love for Hitomi and asking them if their hearts still beat was very powerful. By having him make that decision, only have yet another person saying that it's against his destiny after he already went through the whole argument with his mother makes it lose some momentum. But on the other hand, it does serve as one final lesson for van not to give into his darker tendencies. *shrug* I dunno. The last thing is, you may want more of a segue between the defeat of Desiderious and the memorial celebration. You did good by covering what was going on with everyone else and then suddenly they were at the memorial gathering roses. Even just a sentence after Merle squealing in excitement over the celebration saying something like ” After his defeat, the rest of the insurgents were swiftly over taken and after several months the country knew peace once more. Or something like that hehe.

Anyways, thank you for writing such a nice story. It definitely seemed like a labor of love and it was good of you not to give up. I only critique the stories I really like, and really it's just food for thought. Your story is defiantely fine the way it is. It was very lovely and had many strengths, especially the characters. I'm also a sucker for a happy ending, so I loved how you resolved everyone's life. Eries and Allen, eh? I love it :) Take care and keep up the good work!

smcandy chapter 21 . 8/18/2009

This was a well worth reading story. I hope you get the time to do more, I wished this did not have to end so suddenly but it did after a good twenty one chapters. I hope you’ll replay and update or make more Escaflowne stories when you can.

I enjoy this fan fiction very much you did well with everything in it Four years was well worth the effort in posting this thanks for doing so
smcandy chapter 20 . 8/17/2009
Well I guess that makes sense but I still think that despite what true point your showing with this that escaflowne should have stayed with it’s pilot Van.

Sign the last chapter comes and I it’s the finale already good work once again despite some disappointment I was seeing in esca vanishing for good from Fanelia and it’s pilot.
smcandy chapter 19 . 8/17/2009
Truly well done I cannot to read the rest you have only aw!, two chapters left.

Well I think it will be worth it if the ending suffices. Good work once again