Reviews for Bonfires of Trust, Flash Floods of Pain
Alquawende chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
I have finally gotten around to rereading this and reviewing for the first time! I really liked this and it definitely deserved it's award and nomination. THe part I like is how you have made Anaire, originally a miniscule character, real. One can understand how hard it was for both her and Nolofinwe after the Kinslaying at Alqualonde. Maybe... you can think about a story about how Anaire met Nolofinwe... HINT! HINT!

Thanks for writing!
geek-chick chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Wow, what a powerful story! I particularly like how Fingolfin was torn between his Noldo pride and his love for his wife.

I can definitely see how this might have been the real reason Anaire left Fingolfin - yet you still made her friendship with Earwen a part of her reason with the line about "seeing the blood of Earwen's kin". Thus it's also believable that later "histories" (i.e. the Silmarillion) would have recorded her staying because of her friendship with Earwen!

Overall, excellent work!
Kitiara13 chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
This is really good because I always did think that Anaire left for friendship with Earwende of Alqualonde. Now I am thinking differently... I was wondering do you think you could write a Finrod story. He is such a terrific character and there are SO few stories with him playing a huge part. Do you think you could write a story on him?
Merann chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
Nolofinwë(yes, I love names in Quenya!) is my more loved personage of all Tolkien's books. I am very happy for found this excellent story. I hope you write more about him.

Congratulations!
Istarnie chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Oh my goodness - I should have read this sooner!I love any insight into Fingolfin and Anairë, and this one is beautifully written. The anguish and longing in Fingolfin's heart is palpable - and poor Anairë, I feel for her so.
Celebsul chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Powerful and moving - the divisions between the married couple reflect the lack of understanding that can arise between men and women in reality, but here it has epic proportions and truly tragic consequences.

Only a single phrase made me pause as it sounded slightly modern: 'loaded words'. Perhaps use a word such as 'ominous' rather than 'loaded'?

I'm glad you have returned to writing, Klose, as you have a very impressive and growing talent.
Ellfine chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
I thoroughly enjoyed this insight into Fingolfin and Anaire. You have captured them both quite well as well as the heart break and the agony of their parting. This is very well done!

I agree with you that there are too few stories about them. Thank you for taking such an elegant measure to rectify this oversight in the fan fic community. Please keep up the good work and write more about them!
M chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Uh. There. You almost made me cry.