Reviews for An Observational Understanding
Loved this
amyh52 chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I like thT
Jhinra chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
I haven't watched this show in years, but I don't kneed to remember any of it to know this is amazing. You really portray Nora and George's relationship well. Its very interesting to look at Casey and Derek's relationship through their eyes; even more interesting to see them consider the topic of their relationship in light of them being step-siblings (which I feel often gets "glossed over" in many stories.)

Because lets face it many people would consider a relationship between them taboo, even if they aren't blood siblings. Anyway, i'm going to stop rambling repeat that you did a wonderful story and just go.

Ciao!
InuKaguFan chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
I've read this piece a few years ago and stumbled upon it again accidently, I have to say that I liked it before but now I simply LOVE it!

I love stories which observe Derek and Casey's relationship, and you described it in a marvelous way.

Hope to read new stories soon ;-)
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
"...confusing the exact date of Edwin's birthday, important things were not looked over." Wouldn't that tidbit of info BE important? LOL

I like the progression of the parents' thoughts on 'Dasey' and how it grew and having them understand it.

Great job and very well written with almost no dialogue. Awesome!
ChristinaAngel chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I loved how George and Nora aren't as blind as they seem and how understanding they are of why Casey and Derek are keeping it a secret. It's nice to see it from a third person POV.
awesometastic9 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
this was really really really good! loved it!
Sheethkal Shahar chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Perfect. Added ending of sorts? I loved this. Theres nothing wrong with step stuff. Half stuff yes, step, not so much.
nightdrive23 chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
I really enjoyed this story. You don't get too many well written Dasey stories from the George and Nora perspectives. I also like the idea that they were very accepting of Derek and Casey being together.
Coltan Heart chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Love it. :) I love how this fully explores the other side of George and Nora's reaction to a relationship between Derek and Casey. I've seen a few stories where they were understanding and accepting like this, but never solely from George and Nora's POV. I loved your descriptions of them in the beginning, laying out how George and Nora both have to be observant to have the kind of careers they do. It was a great explanation. Well thought out and well written. And I liked the change of them taking in all of these little things over time and putting them together. This is a really great fic.
Don-Jam chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
SEE! Nora and George are NOT Oblivious. But I'd like to know what they'd think If there was a Lizwin too? I Very Mach like this, Thank You.
hayannayack91394 chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
I loved it because all the time your thinking how do Nora and George not know about their childrens relationship and finally it shows that they are ok with it because find love is a hard thing and i think its really sweet that they understand that.

you win the record for longest review I've ever written!

LOL

HB
SNN chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Aw, this was adorable and awesome and fantastic and I am so in love with your writing, it's insane. *exhales* There, I said it.

Admitting it is the first step to recovery. The next step is reading more stories. ;)

Anyways. lol

I loved the way you portrayed George and Nora's emotions in this, and also how you managed to show how much Derek and Casey love each other while never really having them in the story (as a main character or whatever).

Case-in-point: This rocked.
AbstractDarkness chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
good fic...interesting POV and style
JesterDala chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
May I begin by saying that I think you're made of amazing?

This story made my heart hurt a little at the end because it's evident even from comments like bethym's that Derek and Casey wouldn't be widely accepted as a couple. It makes me sad to think that two people couldn't be happy together because of popular opinion.

And Derek even knowing Casey's favorite flower? Oh, how perfect!