Reviews for Something Lost
Sweet-Pea-2014 chapter 1 . 2/8
Really awesome story it was cute
beauty0102fan12 chapter 1 . 1/8
this was a fantastic very cute
beautyfan0102 chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
really good it was really cute.
beauty12 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
a very good story liked it a lot great job.
xcloudx chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Oh man, this is terrific! Seriously, I love older fics like these, so brotherly and such. THANK YOU!
beauty0102 chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
this was a great story.
Rachelly chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Oh, I just loved this! I love the way you present the boys, the conversations you give them, the emotions they experience, the POV of each as they deal with the situations you place them in! Loved that Dean jumped into a fight to save some poor defenseless guy only to discover it was his little bro. Loved the hurt/Sam and angsty Dean as he tired to help his little brother in the alley and at the motel. Loved that Sam was saving someone and found it so believable that he would consider dropping his defenses and letting the brutes kill him, spare Dean and end the Demon's threat cuz he was so tired, weary and couldn't deal with being used by Yellow Eyes in the end. Loved Dean's words...He's there and not going anywhere...If Sam needs his ass kicked, he'd be glad to do it...Come to him first... and the angel part...aw. Loved it! Great job, as usual!
xsilicax chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
"I can fix this now."

If ever there was a line I can believe Dean wanting to say truthfully, that would be it. I'm just not sure that he will be able to fix everything, and nor is Sam, and therein lies the dilemma.

Sometimes holding on is all anyone can manage, and I loved how your Sam and Dean could yell and then hug in one fic. That's exactly how family works.

Not sure if Sam wanted to die, I don't think he would have made that decision in the alley, he just trusted to fate a little. Maybe daring for an angel to appear to save him, and Dean was there!

Can totally see Dean as an avenging angel.

Best line of the fic:

"You don’t need an angel...You need a big brother"

Loved it,

Cathy.
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Great one shot. I like how Dean just stumbled across the fight not knowing it was Sam. I'm sure if he had known it was Sam those guys wouldn't have just ended up unconscious! LOL Why does Sam want to give up so easy. Man sometimes I just wanna smack him upside the head and scream at him. He has so much to fight for and he's giving up. Good thing Dean was there to talk some sense into him and let him know he's not alone!
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
You know, it didn't even occur to me, but Sam would try to pull something like that. Get himself killed in a way that wouldn't invovle Dean having to pull the trigger. I like how you had Dean moving into help someone he saw getting the tar kicked out of them even though he didn't know it was Sam at first.
amy jonas chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
Aw Em. This was just soo good. I love it. Poor Sam and his feeling so lost and distrought over his destiny. But here...right here shows he still has that spunky fight of his still.

Sam glared. “I saved that girl in the alley.”

And amidst all the delicious angst was this line...I don't know why but it made me laugh silly:

Dean exhaled slowly and dropped his head into his hands, wishing he had some fucking hair to pull out.

Thanks Em. It did make me feel better.

Amy
SadeLyrate chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
This?

Beautiful and painful and oh, so very easy to imagine...

I wouldn't call either of the boys 'suicidal', but then, would failure to defend oneself really be considered a suicide...?

As it is, I can barely wait to see how Kripke and co. will solve the boys' problems.

Meanwhile, though, indulging in such lovely fanfics is a good pastime. ;)

Thank You for this!
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
UH-MAZING. I was so glad to get an email alert for a story by you! Loved their dialogue, and loved your take on how Sam might try to end it. Even though he better not ever succeed! Keep the stories coming! Can't wait for the next one.
friendly chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
good job.. that was great...
Carikube chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
** The sound haunts you, echoes within your skull, stains your heart black.

I can’t idolise this enough – how psychologically sound this is. Even moreso as the reality of what it means hammers through. And, opening in second person POV, which ordinarily would be frowned upon, works so well here because it’s so personal. It demands the reader empathize, yet it’s so brief as to not become annoying or awkward. Yet again, I bow to thee!

** Shadows danced against the stone as Dean blocked and parried, catching the strong scent of whiskey as he shoulder-rammed his opponent into the wall.

Your use of vibrant, clear language in action scenes is without compare. Sometimes I struggle to keep things clear in my head while reading action scenes in stories, I find myself re-reading because I can’t see where the characters were, how they moved, where the next attack came from. But you stand apart in having the skill to bring action to life with such apparent ease. I worship your poetically powerful grace and economical style, my friend. I wanna grow up to be just like you. *wink*

** He kneeled and reached out, pushing on the guy’s shoulder. The man that uncurled, however, drove the breath from Dean’s lungs. “Sam?”

Drove the breath from my lungs too, my friend.

** Dean gathered up his brother, propping him against the wall and collecting his arms.

Awesome! You know why. *wink*

** Ten minutes later, the Impala’s shadow stretched out long and lean against the concrete barrier at the head of the parking space.

This amazes me every time I read it. Again, your ability to use exactly the right words to paint a picture that is so clear and sharp is without compare. I’m so jealous!

** Dean paused, letting his hand fall. He looked at Sam, looked into those stormy, hollow eyes and felt his soul pulling apart.

Guh! Starts whimpering… the conclusions forming are too hideous to contemplate. *sobs*

** The Impala’s passenger seat, forever empty.

This line shatters whatever minimal resolve I had left. *heavy sigh*

** A lifetime of fighting and sacrifice, nearly lost. “You son of a bitch.”

As much as I ache for Sam – as much as I am a Sammy-girl, right here I side with Dean. Dean’s right to be angry, to be livid at Sam. I am, even as the pain of what Sam’s going through eats away at me. But to just give up, to throw all Dean's effort in his face - that is selfish and Dean is right to call him on it. Niceness and tender words are not going to shake Sam out of this funk, only the raw honest truth. And, suicidal behaviour is dangerous ground... Dean can't let this go. He just can't.

** Sam glared. “I saved that girl in the alley.”

Good boy, Sam. There’s still a spark of life in you yet.

Then Sam’s admission – his honesty – reaches Dean and Dean gives Sam what he needs the most – the reminder that he’s not alone. And, more than anything, reminds Sam that Dean isn’t just doing this for selfless reasons… Dean needs Sam. If for no other reason, Sam should fight to win because he is all Dean has left.

Just as HoTH gives me hope, so too does this story. And hugs to Amy for being the motivation for you to write this!