Reviews for Harry Potter and The Bonds of Blood
Spanderholic chapter 7 . 7/24
Small detail, but Tasmania is part of Australia not New Zealand.
Runecutter chapter 9 . 5/7
While i adore how much work you've put into this story to make it truly unique, the same things that hold it up above other fanfics also hold it back behind its own potential. There are a horribly large number of people and factions involved, a lot of plans going back and forth all over the place and it at least feels that the pranking stuff taskes up as much of Hogwarts time as actual story progression and school work is basically non existant. You've cluttered your playground with side fronts and so rarely get to the main event/persons.

If this truly had worked out as a seven story arch with around 75 chapters and a million words it might have turned either into an epic pic of high sorcery fantasy fiction or been bogged down with trivialities and supporting characters. What it probably would not have ended up as would have been a great Harry Potter story as Harry Potter can't keep up with all this distraction around him and would have been turned to an afterthought in his own story, including massive - if understandable with the changed background - ooc personality changes.
Heck, you haven't even taken up half of the threads after introducing them again... what about the kinship society e.g.? (which would have been interesting enough without introducing the whole Windenmere set of complications)
But then there's no trace of the announced sequel, so it may all be pointless.

Then there is the usual problem of HP fanfics... careless spelling in regards to the source materiel... the door opening spell is Alo-HO-mora not Alomora. The Toady of the minister is written Dolores, not Delores. Why so many authors get the last one wrong i'll never understand, the pure form of Dolores plays with "Dolor pain" after all.
When it does not touch on Harry Potter the writing and grammar is fine, though.
Runecutter chapter 8 . 5/7
Now that is an AU! A lovely set of changes right when the story had a little lull that seemed to imply "everything is going smoothly without much difference to what we know". Chapeau!
If only not so much stuff would distract from the AU slowly advancing the story in that way, the whole Windenmere business is a tad overwhelming to the rest of the story and especially Hogwarts while not bringing along the narration too much by its own.

And just as a reminder: Alastair or Alistair or Alister are crude scottish forms debasing the beautiful male name Alexander. Moody is called Alastor, which also is greek (like Alexander) but has a far deeper meaning being some kind of guardian of the underworld.
Runecutter chapter 7 . 5/6
Why are Harry and Remus landing on the bed when Remus and Maire were already in it and Harry and Sirius jumped?

Reflexes are hardwired unvoluntary responses to pain felt (e.g. draw back a hand that reports "that burns" when touching in a candle flame), they come WITH the body you're posessing, not against it. Also it's dubious that after ten years without a body Voldemort should have many "memories" of his old body and how to move in it anyway.

The hometown of the Harpies is spelled Holyhead, not Holyfield.

Atlantis? Really? PLATON described how it sank down into the ocean. He died 348 before christ. That's another 800 years before Merlin was running around (or Mordred for that account)
and his story laid the event another nine and a half millenia before he was writing about it. That's 11,600 years from Harry's time (or ours) or at least 10,100 before Merlin.

But enough nitpicking. The story is gorgeous and the Kissing bush scene was sweet.
Runecutter chapter 6 . 5/6
Wouldn't three compartments need only TWO Locks? (only left, only right and both at once for the three different settings) and three locks give you six different settings, of which three would be unused?

Animagi... it seems unlikely that there are well known wards against them, as the waterfall in the deeper Gringotts levels came as a total surprise to Hermione who certainly would have been better prepared had the likelyness of being de-polyjuiced come up anytime before... as there IS a charm to force an animagus out of his form when you can hit the animal in theory wards should be possible on the same level as this waterfall. Just that wizards don't seem to know how to even make those... :D
Runecutter chapter 5 . 5/6
The idea that the third floor corridor would still be out of bounds, if not quite called lethal seems to point to Dumbles/Mordred still having some influence in Hogwarts, if not maybe even hiding out in some forgotten part of the school...

As for his age... it should be 1400 years not 700 as the romantic version of King Arthur the one living 12xx is not compatible with the historical record of actual kings reigning in and over Britain, so the original celto-britannic version of Geoffrey of Monmouth with a life span somewhere in 5xx would really be the only way to work with Arthur and Merlin being "real". JKR made the same "mistake" (or rather was just as thoughtless as with a lot of other aspects of her world with this in her case) with the chocolate frog card calling Merlin a Slytherin in 13th century, but that's no excuse to insult John "Lackland", Henry III or Edward "Longshanks" who are firmly established in the records.

Generally i like the story outset... having the relatives alive and able to oppose Dumbledore surely would make a difference to just dropping Harry off at the Dursleys... The only problem i see right now is that we know of the prophecy mentioning four animals with Harry established as the first one, the owl, but he now has more than three close friends, hasn't he? So it may be guesswork who'll turn out to be the rat, snake and cat. Fascinating.
willowmelodynoble chapter 7 . 4/19
Tasmanian Wolf? It really would have worked better with a Tasmanian Tiger, that being the real animal. But I suppose this is your AU. Why Rosewood for Harry's wand, out of interest?
Aka-Baka Hoshi chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Very interesting! I look forward to this AU!
Charlie0925 chapter 9 . 11/10/2014
Great job hon! I cannot wait to read more from this series! ;o)
LordofChaos2014 chapter 5 . 8/2/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
BlueMoon42 chapter 9 . 7/1/2014
Just finished this story and was looking for Bonds if Loyality. Can you tell me where it is?
hypercell chapter 9 . 2/3/2014
I hope the sequel comes out soon!
StupidChinaBook chapter 5 . 1/5/2014
Is mordred masquerading as dean Thomas.
moonprincess97524 chapter 9 . 10/29/2013
So the pink frog is starting early is she? Interesting. I like the fact that you are having Neville have a more important roll then he did in the books/movies in first year. I am also very very happy that more people are alive and that some others are dead. i do hope that Mordred gets taken care of soon, I have to wonder how long it will take until they decide to have children in the school say the name to find him. Again I love this wonderful story.
moonprincess97524 chapter 6 . 10/28/2013
Oh how I love the changes done! I love that Luna still has her mother. I really love that potions are being taught in a way that tells the students why something happens. I love that Harry was able to make friends with so many different people so quickly yes I realize that is because he was raised in the magical world and not hampered into not learning because of his cousin. I also love the Hermione isn't being a know it all causing her to not have any friends. The prank that Harry pulled on Nott is wonderful and justified in my humble opinion.