Reviews for No Shelter
bookwormrdd chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
cool
Luc Star chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Hey DS, read it, liked it. Just wondering though, does this story have any connection to “Looking for a New Connection”? Cause the setting in which the trio will be staying reminded me of the setting in which Piotr, Remy and Illyana were staying residing in your other story. It almost seems as though this story happened some time before “Looking for a New Connections”.

This one also heralded the appearance of Sinister. Of course, he wasn’t exactly described in detail but I figured it out when Scott started recognising the orphanage. Little did he realise that this was the same orphanage he had been brought to when his parents had been killed.

Well, anyways, guess all I can say at this point is continue and update soon, or, am I right in guessing that I am to “Looking for a New Connection” in order to find out what happened next.

Take care of yourself my friend. Hope to read more from you soon.

PS. Oh, and just so you know, Six Sharp Claws has been updated. Would appreciate your feedback on the latest instalment.
Amokitty chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
This story has the perfect blend of action and character development. We get to see everything that motivates Colossus' personality. His fears for Illyana, and of never being 'worthy' enough for Kitty, tugs at the heartstrings. You show us his anger and frustration at Magneto and not being able to get to Illyana fast enough. It builds to a frustration that the reader can sympathize with.

Loved the Peter-Kitty conversation, with its comedy of errors theme! Those two are good for each other, and you bring this point home beautifully. :)

An interesting bit of backstory in Evo history is shown with Peter snooping in Magneto's files (I liked that!), as well as more details of why Peter was involved with the mafiya. The insight this gives make for a more well rounded character, and thus a more well rounded story - one I really enjoyed. I loved the title too, and how it's negated by a great ending. Thanks for such a fine job.
Supermorff chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
This story moves FAST! And, shame though it is to say, I think it gets overloaded with a ton of incidental characters. The whole X-Team seems to turn out for the mission, but the roles of Kurt, Jean, Scott, Rogue and Storm could easily have been taken over by the X-Jet's other passengers. Then there's the new characters introduced to the Evolution world all at once - I had to look up so many names to figure out who you were talking about. While their inclusion is pretty cool, it was all very sudden.

That said, you do a great job of keeping it focussed on Kitty and Piotr. Piotr's backstory is well delivered in the opening paragraph - in fact, his whole internal monologuing just WORKS. It's a pity there isn't more of it, but we do move quickly into the action (at which point, we also seem to shift focus from Piotr to Kitty, but that's fine - I like her too).

Gambit once again occupies a prominent second-fiddle role (possibly laying foundations for key roles in subsequent stories? Perhaps ones involving the mysterious caretaker? That would be pretty cool). You just gotta wonder at that guy's motives.

So, yeah, it was a good story. Maybe it would have been better served if it was spread out a bit, but once I got used to the rapid pacing it was very enjoyable. I read it twice through already.
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
Ooh, great story! Nice way to bring Sinister into X Men Evolution, and throwing Peter and Remy together in an apartment in Manhatten? Peter really thinks that's going to be a 'stable' home for Illyana? snort. Loved it!
GothikStrawberry chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
... there was a problem with my first review so I don't know if you got it or not...

Anyway good start, my friend! I can't wait for more. :)