Reviews for Mature in Stages
NefariousImp chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
So very sad. Realistic, well, as much as a fictional story like this can be, but realistic all the same.

Nef
frecklemaggie chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
That was beautiful
Veritas Found chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I just gotta say, right now, that I'm more than a bit speechless.

This fic? Is gorgeous. It's just. . .guh. You're right: it's such a beautiful possibility, but no one approaches it. We like to think he does something, or maybe things twist around that she's not actually human or Underground affects her a certain Fae/immortal way, but no one likes to touch the elephant in the room: she's human, and most likely she lives human. (It's the argument in Doctor Who with the Doctor x Rose pairing: her forever isn't his forever, and she was always too young/wishful to deal with that.)

I love how you addressed this; that she aged, and that she had to come to terms with the basic human truths of who she is and who he is. He's not human, he's quite possibly going to live on forever, and she won't; she's not the first, she most likely won't be the last. Shippers can go all mushy and say she was his favorite, but in that light we don't know - it's all up in the air. I'm just. . .guh, can I say again how much I love this?

(O.R. Melling has a book series out called the Chronicles of Faerie, and a similar situation happens there: a human falls in love with the Ard-Ri, but he's able to turn her fae. All the same, she remembers what it's like to be human and has trouble dealing with the differences (kind of like the Tir Na nÓg myth with Oisín). It's that same idea: how do they adjust to something so utterly different from all they know and have comfort in?)

Gah, I'm sorry. I feel like I'm just rambling now. xD Seriously, though. This is absolutely gorgeous, and I love that you wrote it, and really. Bravo, m'dear. Gorgeous, gorgeous job.

Ver
magialuna chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
So realistic yet so tragic. Beautifully written. Thank you for this. -Clare
satta chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Fantastic! I've always thought you write well, with your Toby/Jareth-story (albeit, forgive me not reading too much of it, since I'm not too much into slash.) . I thought that it might go this way - Sarah would grow old and Jareth remain the same. Nice descriptions, good characterisation, and Sarah's feelings of disconnections were nicely crafted. A believable conclusion to the movie. Even when, as a hopeless romantic, I do hope they would end up together and live happily ever after.
Qualia Des chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
I love how you didn't sugarcoat the "happily ever after" the way most authors usually do. Kudos to you.
sweetbabby33 chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
This is so sweet,but sad...He loves her 'till death,only that she'd be the one dying...Such a pity...

Chapter well .Write more JS please. n_n
Skyrere chapter 1 . 6/10/2007
wow.

this was wonderful.

I loved it.

Thank you for writing it.
Alexis Winn chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
That was so utterly sweet and poignant that I'm not sure there's anything I could say that would be sufficient. It was beautiful to read, if not somewhat sad. I like that while your Jareth is not cruel, he is also most certainly not human, something for which I must applaud you since you wrote so little here yet managed to clearly convey that this man was anything but human.

I have to say that I've never thought about Sarah aging, mainly because there is much evidence that Jareth is fae and the fae can do strange things to mortals. Oh well. Chalk it up to me being unimaginative.
Httw chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
i had a suspicion when i first started reading, and when you dropped the hint earlier during the "vows." that is too bad for her... i know you didn't write this for me or anyone besides yourself, but thanks for writing it. i'm too lazy to write anything anymore (i feel old saying that) so its nice to see a thought i always have tumbling around put down on "paper." and of course, its always nice to read something you've written, as they're always written quite well and are a refreshing read.
Desire the Occupation chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
That was pretty.

And adorable.

And really, really sad.

I liketh _

DtO
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
A very real look at a relationship between mortal and immortal.
Xaviere Jade chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Oh wow. That's intense and macabre and beautiful. Well done!
Anna McNarin chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Wow, this leaves a very bizarre warm tingle somewhere within my psyche. Creepy, romantic, and innocently twisted. Bravo.
notwritten chapter 1 . 2/7/2007