Reviews for Synergy
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Gosh.

You have effectively converted me over. I think it was the dragons fic that started it. Or was it before? I'm not sure.

I absolutely adore your Caleb! You won't believe it:3 Just this afternoon I was firmly a Dean-fangirl and suddenly WHAM! Converted. LOL.

And the whole brotherhood thing is way beyond awesome.

And I have to say it again. Your Caleb is awesome.

I loved the scene in his head...it was such a nice reprieve from staring at Caleb being comatose and hurting...and to see him reassuring Sam...when Sam asked him if he was dying and Caleb said he wasn't sure, I just died. )':

Then he had to go and promise he'll be okay, even though he wasn't sure. Totally broke my heart.

I think I'm going to re-read all your brotherhood AU fics at least 5 times now. They're too awesome. Hope you don't mind the stalking. (I promise you won't even noticeXD)
Voldemort- Coolest Badguy EVER chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Gosh, this was a long one-shot packed full of Caleb angst, wasn't it? Very nice. 8)

So many moments in this nearly made my heart-break, like Mac's desire to simply be the boys' favourite uncle again, and Dean's hurt look when Mac was ordering him to leave.

All very bittersweet, and wonderfully written. Thanks for the great read!

- Coolest Badguy EVER
Pineapple Bacardi chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
I love this story, absolutely wonderful, but just to point out something I noticed, Mac said that the doctors are removing Caleb's spleen, but are you sure Caleb's spleen isn't already gone? I don't remember, but I think it was in the thanksgiving story when Caleb and Dean got into the crash, Caleb told Dean or vice versa that they were now both in the spleen-less club or something like that. Just a thought.
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Great story. I love this. I can't wait to read the next fic.
xsilicax chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
I enjoyed Calebs and Sam's talk when inside his head. One thing I think we don't see enough of is their interraction with each other. They do seem to have a great deal in common, not least love for Dean.

What I thought expressed just how powerful Sam's talents may be was that it was he who was shaping the setting in Caleb's head, and not Caleb.

I also liked Dean standing up to Mac, reciprocating the many times Caleb jumped in with John.

Haven't seen the ep. you pre-tag'd (hasn't aired yet over in the UK) so I can't read what (I hope) is the conclusion yet. So now I'm cursing myself for reading this one!

You excel at building up momentum and anticipation, worse luck!

Cathy.
River City1 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Great story! I love Caleb in your stories. I am not crazy about some of the language, but it is appropriate to the characters that use it. You have a wonderful imagination and I appreciate that you share it with us.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
I just wanted to tell you that I love your version of Caleb, I only wish that you worked for Kripke so that Caleb and Mac could have joined up with the Winchesters from time to time.

Amazing job, keep the Caleb stories coming!
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
ARGH poor Caleb...I hope he ends up ok.

I'm still loving your Brotherhood stories and how you keep doing little tags to the actual eppys but including the Brotherhood.

I was glad that Sam was able to get into Caleb's head to try and find out what happened to him. You can't have a story about Caleb and not have him say something(even if he's doing it while in a coma HAHA) I loved the whole Back to the Future line about the Calvin Klein underwear. OMG that was so funny. And the "And tell your brother to stop holding my hand like a girl." OMG that was funny!

I also liked the little reference to Quantum Leap how Sam felt like he was pulled form another dimension.

Great story!
childofwinter chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Are people honestly still complaining about Sam? Why! I feel that you capture the character so well… Emily pretty much said it all but I just want to note, I love canon Sam and I get why he acts the way he does… but he does come of as being selfish sometimes. That’s fine, it’s a part of who he is and a lot of the time it has just as much to do with the fact that Dean, in contrast, is all about others (not necessarily a good thing either). There’s no need for people to get so defensive about their favourite characters...

I love your universe just as it is. The whole Brotherhood idea is great and the universe itself and its characters feel as real to me as canon at this point. You do such a wonderful job in portraying both brothers and you constantly amaze me. Your Caleb, Bobby, Mac… make me happy.

Moving on… This was really nice. I loved the Mac/Dean and the Mac/Sam interaction… also, I loved Sam at the end of this:

Sam watched his brother for a moment, recognizing the hurt look. It was one he had seen only a few times before and at that moment he would have said anything to make everything right-to erase the pain from Dean’s face. Maybe it was time he took a vow to protect Dean. “I'll do everything in my power to make sure you never find that out, big brother. I promise.”

Great job!
melyn chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
you definately have to keep going with this one. Just don't kill off Caleb or I'll be very disappointed. I think I like your supernatural better than the show.
Ace of Black Hearts chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
First of all, you can't just leave it there with Caleb unconscious in a hospital. At least give us one more chapter :)

Really good story by the way :) I loved the conversation between Caleb and Sam, and Mac being less Mac and more a worried father. We haven't gotten to see much of Mac in the stories, which is sad, because I really love his character.

Hehe, the conversation between Dean and Fisher made me laugh. Dean would so have beaten up Fisher if he thought the man had something to do with what happened to Caleb. It seems like both Dean and Sam are having a hard time forgiving Joshua, Ian and Fisher for that little stunt. Sam was pestering Joshua about it in "The best and worst of time", and now Dean brings it up again. Strangely enough it seems like Caleb on some level has forgiven Joshua for what happened. Any chance we could ever get the whole story on what exactly happened between Joshua and Caleb? Is it just the fight, or is there something else?

I've read all your Brotherhood stories and I think it's amazing how all the stories is some how linked together, and that throughout all the stories we keep getting these hints that not everything is as it should be. In "Toy Soldier" we're told about Griffin and something about a coup (which I hope you've got plans to write a story about one day), and in "Talk is cheap" Gordon and Caleb keeps talking about problems within the brotherhood, and there's several other small hints like that, and now Caleb ends up in a hospital after getting beat up by some hunters. Yes, and then there's the little conversation between Griffin and the other two hunters in "The best and worst of time". Each story adds something new to this overall plot of yours and I can't wait to see where you're going next :)

I got to say I'm starting to care more about your Brotherhood stories than the show itself, and sometimes I'm having a real hard time separating the two of them. And I just want to tell you that you're doing a wonderful job writing this.

I've read some of you other reviews and I've noticed that people have started to complain about you not caring about Sam, and that he seems to be showed out on the side line. I hope you remember that this is you universe and that we're just along for the ride. It's your stories and you write them as you see fit :)

I don't feel like you're pushing him aside. In the show I think Sam is worrying and nagging about his powers and his supposedly dark destiny a bit too much. I love the guy, but he isn't half as fun to hurt as Dean or in this case Caleb :) And people do care about him. Caleb is helping learning to control his abilities; he's Mac's favourite and both Dean and Caleb looks out for him.

Mhm, this turned out to be a very long review. Sorry, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your stories, and that I'm grateful that you chose to share them with us :) and sorry for the spelling mistakes in this review. English isn't my first language :)
sams1ra chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Oh, come on! You know you've gotta continue, right? I mean, that's your own fault for writing so damn well! What about caleb? And his ring? Is he gonna get it back? It would be so symbolic if Dean gives it to him. I just love the irony of them getting frustrated with the new Guardian and thinking it sucks to be in the Triad. And what about the guys who attacked Caleb? And… and… you just have to continue, and that's that. No other option.
pnuts100 chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
I noticed the change to but i still love the stories..they are written to where you can read them without wondering where one stops and the other begins and the writing style is up there with some of the novels i read...

About the Sam getting pushed aside and talked down to...yes i have noticed that to and it does bother me because im a sam fan that use to be a dean fan...i love both the brothers but i got so tired of sam being the one looked down on that it just slowly changed me and i dont see him that way eny more...i see a man thats gone threw hell and has grown up...we dont know what hes thinking or how hes feeling...i want to know whats going on inside of him.

I think you do a great job of showing who dean is and who Caleb is but not the sam we know this year,but i can understand that too because dean is your guy and we all want our guy to be on see Caleb always trying to stop dean from being hurt or blowing his brains out but we never see Caleb trying to stop sam from doing something that could hurt him or make him evil...like when Gordan was after him or he found out what dad told dean,ive been looking for new stories about sam being possessed last night and so far all i can find is stories about how it affected dean,this is what bothers me the most,sam was the one that was invaded and nobody seems to think that should bother him...move on it never happened...whats deep down thats hes holding in?.

Still love you're brotherhood stories and will continue to read them.
Emily chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Another wonderful story again. You really make this AU full bodied. The characters are so fleshed out. I was feeling for Mac quite a bit here, what with the Knight and the Guardian dying and leaving him as the sole member. I can't remember does Mac know about what John did?(selling his soul in exchange for Dean's life)

"“We ’re stronger as a family Dean.”"

**What this made me think of was the end of last season. It would be completely understandable in Dean's case for him not to believe that because when he used that train of thought it ended up with John dead.

But again with the "what about Sam's"? Can't there even be some fanfic where someone gives a damn about Dean that doesn't have to do with his being Sam's brother? That is certainly Dean's only role on the show, it's not that strange that people might want to expand beyond that in fanfic.

So what if Dean and Caleb have a special relationship, why should they not? And as much as Sam and Caleb's conversations usually involve Dean, Dean and Caleb's usually involve SAM because Dean is all about Sam. So what the heck is the difference? Sam and Caleb also have had discussions about Sam's powers, etc too.

I mean Sam was everywhere in this story. Sam's role in this was no way below Dean's. And Sam's the one who got into Caleb's mind, he's the one who talked to Caleb. It's not like Dean and Caleb don't often talk about Sam and Dean's worries about Sam, as I said before. The complaints are disingenuous because this story was very well-balanced and Sam comes off very well here.

The fanfic world here isn't that much different than the show world, Dean rarely does much more than worry about people, most specifically Sam with a dash of Caleb. That's all he does here, too. I'd personally love for Dean to get to make a difference, to be the deciding factor in something, to show that he's smart and capable and to get to see that leadership ability which we've gotten to see occassionally in the show because he's a natural and its all too rarely ever focused on. But you know what, these stories are great just as they are.

Ridley has done a great job with this AU so far, the characters are deep and the relationships complex. Let her write what she wants. I haven't noticed any great shift in the focus of the stories in a LONG time now so it's not like whatever is going on here is a new thing. It hasn't changed at all.
ChaiGrl chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
It continues to amaze me how you keep setting the bar higher and higher. What makes your stories so perfect, are the details. You add such simple details that add so much depth and realism to it. How Mac calls Sam, Samuel or the sarcasim that Bobby gives to Dean. The way that the boys submit to the few adults in their lives. Thanks for always making the day a tad bit better with a great story. As alway, I can't wait to read more. Until then, take care and Happy Writing!