Reviews for He Sleeps
ExAmoreDolorem chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I loved it... So sweet and romantic. I like that soft snore too _
polka dots are underestimated chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Personally, I have kind of grown to like this pairing, and if YOU, as the writer, originally had SSHG in mind, then anyone else reading this story needs to get over their bloody selves if they don't like it. Of COURSE everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, if a person is reading something marked as a SSHG fic, then what the heck do they expect? They don't like it? Easy solution: DON'T READ IT! *pant* Okay, my rant is (temporarily) over. NOW, onto what I think about your story...

As long as I don't question how they got together (because there ARE ways to make their getting together VERY believable), then I really think this was a sweet, rather touching one-shot/drabble. Like I said above, I think the way you wrote this works quite well for this pairing. While I guess it MIGHT work if Harry was the guy, the fact that you WROTE it with this particular couple in mind is what made it SPECIAL and made it WORK. I think it would actually LOSE something if you were to replace the characters in it with different characters. I love Hermione's thoughts on how she NEEDS the reassurance of her husband's snores in order to fall asleep. I was just...sweet. It made me have this stupid, giddy facial expression that is still in place, even now (thanks a lot-lol).

Anyway, if YOU ever get inspired to write for this couple again, FEEL NO SHAME (not sure if you ever DID, but whatever). Remember, YOU wrote the story. Though Ms. Rowling owns the rights and all that legal jargon, you have the express right to play with her characters as you see fit, as is anyone else (so long as they make no money from it, of course). Okay, I better stop now before I use the 1,000 words allotted in this review to rant all about my OWN pet peeves. I think you got my point (and I hope you understand what I was TRYING to convey).

From one humble(ish) writer to the next,

~Lena
Alexa1993 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Unlegally Insane chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
This made me melt into a puddle of AW-ness.
JoeBob1379 chapter 1 . 9/22/2009

this was so sweet. *hugs*
sregner chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
This is too sweet!
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Oh my darling drakien. You simply astound me with your plot ideas and how you execute them. Just yesterday my friend and I were talking about Snape perhaps snoring in his sleep and I even wrote a 100 word drabble on the subject. Imagine my surpreeze when I see you have had the same idea as me- and added so much more than just the snores.

The detailed description of just how he falls asleep and how he acts when haunted by those chilling nightmares was so vivid and real. And the ending was a beautiful surprise- that you could tie in her thoughts about her husband with the thoughts of her unborn son. Just truly the work of a fanfiction master.

There's something about him always wanting to hold her as he sleeps- especially just the simple act of holding her hand, that is magical.

I adored this one shot. Thank you so much for making me so warm inside.
exclamatorypoint chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
"I have trouble sleeping without the sound of him snoring beside me. And in the middle of the night, if his breathing changes, I find myself instantly awake."

You know how some people are dependent on the TV to fall asleep? They can't sleep unless it's blaring in front of them. Turn it off or lower the volume and they wake up.

I find that very amusing, and instantly thought of it when I read the above excerpt. But in your story, it's not amusing, it's sweet. :) A tiny but unique quirk of a woman's attachment to the man she loves.

And I have to say that that's exactly what I love about your stories: the little twists here and there that make them original. :) You're an excellent author, and one of my favorites here on
ShatteredDiamonds chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
I'ma take a quick guess at the pairing: Hermoine and Harry? Am I right? I like this one because it allows you to choose who's pairing it is. I applaud you for that.
EnamoradaConDios chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
This is a nice, simple story. I like the writing style and the attention to detail. Good one!
APpLeBun chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Really very clever! I like it a lot.
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
This was really well-written. I didn't immediately think of HGSS. I actually thought of HPGW- which is funny. Good job!
MYBIGBLUEBOX chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
aw I love it to bits! One question that may seem a little dumb to you put who's point of view is this? Please let me know and please keep writing!