Reviews for The Rape of Tamar by Amnon
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Most interesting story. Had to consult the Wikipedia article on Amanda Young to come up to speed.

Some differences between Tamar & Amanda. Until her rape, Tamar was the cosseted child of the royal household. Amanda grew up subjected to all manner of unspeakable abuse. Tamar pleaded with her abuser not to reject her & consequently subjecting her to further shame. Amanda psychologically identified with her abuser and became his fearful apprentice.

Yet some night speculate if Amnon did not somehow help set into effect the whole chain reaction of events in the sordid history of David’s reign, adding to the initial sin of David with Bathsheba, continuing with Absalom‘s death, and planting the seeds for the division of the kingdom in Solomon‘s reign. Even so, did Amanda, to the best of my understanding, is responsible for the death of John Kramer’s son, which sets off the whole Jigsaw cycle. In fact, it seems that Amanda and John both feed each other’s perverse tendencies. I became thoroughly confused at trying to ascertain what one might call the Alpha Event that precipitated the whole Jigsaw sequence of crimes.

As with watching both the movies and reading the various Wikipedia articles on the char’s & movie plots, I seemingly sought in vain for a single admirable person; someone who wasn’t compromised in some degree. It was all rather disheartening; everybody a sicko; reminiscent of the Calvinist vision of Ultimate Depravity; everybody’s a sleaze ball, with a heart & soul full of vermin. Your story sort of captures that pervasive sense of being in a moral morass. He rapes his caretaker to convince himself he’s still got what it takes, is sincerely grateful to her, & she stays with him. Thus are they mutually dysfunctional, feeding off each other’s contagion as they spiral together into the darkness.

Taken by itself, your tale is a poetic but bleak account of two flawed souls try to find something that resembles real compassion as best as they can. When combined with the Saw canon, it’s suggestive of all kinds of irredeemable qualities.

Speaking somewhat tongue in cheek, it all makes the story of Tamar and Amnon seem wholesome by comparison.
NinaKramer chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Thank you for sharing.

That was disturbingly sexy and very well written.
DivineSynder chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Great story! John and Amanda are two being from the same world so to speak. The way you wrote them is exciting. Writing John as being racked with cancer, yet being a forceful and an experienced lover was genius on your part. Amanda was well written and I totally bought their relationship in this new light that you've put them in. Bravo! I'm totally a fan!
Lord of Slytherin chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Wow. I'm speechless.
WristsBleedRainbows chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Very well written and believable. A spell check here or there might help, but overall, very nice.
KamikazePyro chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Heh. That was pretty damn good...
Lola Lola chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Despite a few gramatical errors, I truly enjoyed this story... being a huge Saw fan myself- I was impressed by your perceptive interpretation of Amanda and John's relationship- loving, forceful... and yet, relatable. Overall, I thought you did a fantastic job- I expect to see more!

Thanks!

Lola Lola
Animorphgirl chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Well written, though very disturbing. Poor Amanda. *huggles* Interesting use of the Snow White tale, as well as the Bible. Would be interested in a (non graphic) sequel.
lil Minghia chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
Nice story, wasn't a dumb cliche either. Very well thought out.
CassieJo chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
That was extremly good. Even if you don't like the movies, the pairing, the rape...that was just plain well-written. I cannot wait to see more stories from you.