Reviews for The Beast
Jennosaur chapter 1 . 3/29
Love this, and love you. Honestly, everything you write is amazing. I really hope you'll come back to this fandom/ start writing on this site again, but it's been a few years so idk... Anyways, you might not ever see this, but I really love your work. You're the best. :)
Nathalaia chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Everyone has a breaking point. Even - or especially - Shinichi, who has seen so much death. He may be able to 'ignore', at a lack of better words, the deaths around him, but when the death is of his childhood friend and love-interest, it is something entirely else.

Point: Not bad fanfiction! Fanfiction is where you can explore the characters - and this is exploring. How much would it take to make Shinichi break? (Aeh, that rhymes!)

I liked this story. And I liked that he was *so* close at shooting, but in the end didn't. I like to think that the person in the end was either Heiji or Kaito, as it was someone who knows his real name. Kaito doesn't in the manga, as far as we know, though, but.. Well.

Very well written! Wonderful work!

Nathalaia
Plunny.Empress chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
How sad! TT But so very interesting. - Good job! -
Stellar-drift chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
10/10 nothing more need to be said
vampslyr chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Good story, and I don't think it's bad fanfiction either. A person in that situation breaks and becomes something else entirely. The ramification of that break are only being. After all, Shinichi didn't choose not to shoot. He hesitated, but that's not the same thing and the emotions have been left unresolved.
CurrentlyIncognito chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Absolutely adore this one.
Yaraslava Rada chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
It's wonderful but I'm supposing you could take it many different ways. The first and most ovious would be Shinichi has the gun but then again Kaito could have the gun too...the chick thats dead could be Ai or Ran for Shinichi or Akako or Aoko for Kaito. The killer could be Gin or Vodka...or someone that's chacing Kaitou KID...How did you intend it to be interpreted? It's lovely.
RanMouri82 chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
This was marvelous. It pinned Shin'ichi against the wall and shattered his resolve for justice well by having it involve Ran's death; the choice not to reference any specific names worked well, too. Of course, it would seem to be more like Shin'ichi to fight the temptation to kill, even in that extreme circumstance, but the way you wrote this really tugged at the heartstrings and made it all believable. Good job!
Extraintrovert chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
"The other emotions will probably come later. I don’t know. And I don’t care"

Fury. Blind, unrelenting fury. To have it consume him was interesting to say the least, and the ending just let everything hang there, suspended, to be left to the imagination. All in all, I am completely scared out of my wits. Nice.

In other news: Bad fanfiction? Please, by DEFINITION all fanfiction is bad. All anyone can hope to do to offset that fact is to attract as many readers as possible through sensationalism and trends. That, or be a goddamn phenomenal writer. I prefer the latter.
Ella chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
WOW that was really really good. i actually thought he was going to shoot. that was awesome. i just love the way you write.
Claude le noctambule chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
Wow, very interessing.

The first time I've read it, I think it was Conan on the edge to killing Gin because he had killed Ran, and I thought the person who talk to him in the end was Ai.

The second time, I've tryed to imagine the main character as Ai wanting to kill her Nemesis for the murder of her sister and the person talking in the end like Conan, and it could have worked too(except than Gin is calling the main character "boy").

Whatever, you have show something which could happen if our favorite detective was push to his extreme limits and was forced to face the darker side of himself.

And I've a weak spot for the story which try to place character in this kind of situation when we couldn't know how they would react.

The end?Just perfect. Really, it was perfect.*_*

I would have prefered if it was more open to reader's imagination and if we have not know if the main character was Conan or Ai, but it's just my point of view.

Sorry for the typo in my review(English is not my native languague) and keep up the good work.
Plooshkinza Sakura chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
*squee* I really did like this. Really, added to favourites.

Out of question, who was it? Shinichi/Ran? Shinichi/Shiho? Kogoro/Ran? Kogoro/Eri? Maybe you could drop me a hint or two? But lyk, the dude was obviously Gin. Wahey, Gin.

Loves Sakura
QueenOfFanFicWorldLoveGunner chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
FOR THE LOVE OF HARMONY WHO DID IT!...good
Shimegami-chan chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
I love this and you should not say it sucks because that is untrue. :P *heart*