Reviews for All Grace Abounds
Elflocks chapter 7 . 6/5/2007
I loved it very, very much. And that verse, the one on the bookmark, just got me -right there.- I guess because it means certain things to me from reading it at just the right moment, or hearing it at church just at that time when I needed it.

Okay, enough of the angst! Heehee. I loved protective/big brother? Sam. Heheh. He's awesome, telling Dean what to do and fixing him up in the bathroom. And the banter and snark were just great. And your original characters were also wonderful. In fact, the whole story was just amazing.

You're a great writer, and I'll probably be reading more of your stuff and bugging you with my rantish reviews, later on. :D
Elflocks chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Wow! :D Great first chapter!
Jennygeee chapter 7 . 4/13/2007
I’m so sorry I didn’t review this chapter – I didn’t realise I hadn’t until I received your beautifully written reply to my last review! Thank you so much – I truly wish I had your way with words. When I was in church this Sunday the vicar who took the service was retired but because it was Easter we had an extra communion (usually it’s once a month), so our own vicar was busy at our sister church. The point of this little bit of info is that the sermon this retired vicar gave actually brought me to tears, it was so powerful and honestly said from the heart about how a newspaper article had described God as a sadist sending his own Son to death etc, when in fact it was actually us who had done that and that God had brought Jesus to new life. I know it doesn’t sound much or any different from what we have heard before but it was just the way he spoke- I actually couldn’t sing the next hymn and would have gladly gone outside and cried my eyes out! (I know it doesn’t sound very dramatic but honestly, it was the best sermon I have ever listened to).

I don’t know why I’m telling you all this other than the fact that your fic here had a similar effect on me, full of hope and the way you saw Matthew 11:28 twice was surely a message. ‘Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.’ That was so perfect for your fic and for life itself!

I’m sorry I’m not able to give you a detailed review or put in quotes (it is a while since I read it),and I so wish I had your way with words, I am just able to let you know how I ‘feel’ about your fic and I really hope you write more like this. Thank you CherylW - I've put it in my favourite list.
cHoCoLaTe-cHiHuAhUa chapter 7 . 4/7/2007
Awesome story!
l'ananaquiparle chapter 7 . 4/5/2007
this is a wonderful story. i love how you incorporated matt's one of my favorites. keep on writing! god bless.
EagleGirl6 chapter 7 . 4/1/2007
Cheryl, beautiful ending to a great story:) You always have a wonderful way of wrapping things up. It's not quite my cup of tea, but you always have such an uplifting message in your stories and I hope you never stop sharing:)

Pretender68 chapter 7 . 3/31/2007
I loved this story! So well written and touching. Nice job!
pandora jazz chapter 7 . 3/31/2007
There is so much I loved about your story and the final chapter was a perfect ending.

I enjoyed the opening scene with the brothers sitting on the bed as Sam wrapped Dean's hands and than the flashback to when they were kids.

Favorite lines - When Sam checked on Dean as a child, 'to reassure himself that Dean hadn't slipped away from him, hadn't gone somewhere he couldn't follow.' Than when Dean thought about what Sam is to him, 'his protector, his right hand man, his fiercest supporter and his best friend' So true!

Loved the moment of rough housing between the brothers and Sam taking the lead to open the door over Dean's objections. It was nice that Ethan came to check on Sam and Sam could say thanks.

I can just imagine the 'discussion' Sam had with Dean as he worried about staying another night. Though I think Sam would figure a way to break Dean out of jail.

What a sweet visit with Kyle, Dean is always so good with little kids. I'm glad that Kyle recognized Sam was one of the good guys too.

You picked the perfect verse for Dean. I loved Sam's concern for his brother and 'for Dean's pain that always hurt Sam as if it were his own.'

Dean opening up to Sam about their mother, beautiful scene, it made me cry the first time I read it. I loved how Mary taught Dean to pray.

I'm glad that Sam shared some of what he felt and did while Dean was in the hospital. If Dean remembered, he would see how torn up Sam was not being able to help him.

The ending was perfect, 'Hey God, its Dean...' 'Hey God, its Sam'

My parents watch 'Supernatural', well the first season, the second season got too depressing and angry. Which I can understand, I love Jensen and Jared, their acting is awesome, yet only really liked a few episodes before "The Usual Suspects", since than the season has been why I love the show. The point of my rambling is I'm going to have my mom read your story, she loved your Christmas prayer.

Thanks for sharing your faith and story with us.

Take care.
mtee1958 chapter 7 . 3/30/2007
Cheryl - you do such a wonderful job. That was a great touching story.

I always say - you just have to take the journey - no matter how hard it may seem - there's a destination ahead that will make everything worthwhile.
Sera and Tails chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
It took ages to get the chapter to load! It was very frustrating having your update sitting in my inbox for days, unable to read it. Finally!

Lovely ending chapter. "Cop hugger" made me laugh out loud, as did a milliom other little things. ("I half expect to pass Michael Landon hitchhiking on our way out of town, doing his whole “highway to heaven” gig,”"ROFL!)I did like the verse you chose (I'm hardly devout enough to even be called Christian, so I guess you can say I'm Christian by association LMAO!)and the words were absolutely beautiful and meaningful.

Nice parallel to some great moments in "The Benders" How great was that Michael Jackson line and of course Dean and his adorable-ness with the "Godzilla boy."

As for the concrit; There were one or two teeny little errors, but I'm not in my usual anal editor mode tonight. You might want to look it over for a few spacing issues as well.

Thanks for a great read!

Foxy-Pancho chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
Oh my Gosh...this was one of the most touching stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading! You are such a talented writer, and you have such a knack for catching Dean and Sam's beautiful, I-want-to-tell-you-that-I-care-but-I-don't-do-chick-flick-moments relationship! I enjoyed every single even managed to pull a few tears out of me in the end! Thank you for sharing such a inspirational story...I absolutely loved the end, with Mary and the scripture and the final lines...oh, I'm tearing up again! Fantastic job!
Rhesa chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
Thankyou so much for your beautiful, powerful, moving and encouraging story. I really needed it! God bless and please write another story soon.
purehalo chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
So beautiful. The brother moments and the moment with Dean and Kyle and the bookmark had me reading with tears in my eyes.

You write emotion so very very well and it seems to ooze from the page into the eyes of the reader

dutchtulips chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
Oh, this was such an amazing fic. You did such a wonderful job on it. I loved every bit of it. ;-) The brotherness of it was just so brilliantly executed, and the amounts of drama, tension, and emotion were perfectly blended. I could picture everything so clearly. Major kudos!
mcatB chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
Great story, Cheryl! I thought the characterizations were spot on! Loved how this last chapter went - with the flashbacks to Sam taking care of Dean, to Dean remembering his mom's handkerchief... And if Dean wants to hug another cop, I'm available!
191 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »