Reviews for All Grace Abounds
gaelicspirit chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
Cheryl, this was fantastic. And I know it must have been hard for you to write and post, looking to strike just the right balance between the boys as fans see them, and the message you were looking to weave through your words. How to do that and not be preachy, right? Well, I think you did a wonderful job.

I loved the memory of Dean's illness and Sam taking care of him because Dad said so. I LOVED the Star Wars quote. Made me grin immediately - Empire has always been my favorite of the series.

And I think you did a great job finding a way for Dean to have a memory of Mom, a memory based in faith - her faith. We know she believed in angles, and your further take on it really resonated for me. You're right - if there is anyone in need of rest (physically, emotionally, and soulfully) it's Dean.

Thank you for putting yourself out there like this, for writing what is in your heart, and for keeping it angsty and entertaining for this fandom. That balance is truly a gift.
NovemberSGA chapter 6 . 3/28/2007
Oh. Now I have goosebumps all over! I really like where you have all of the signs pointing and Dean's realization dawning slowly but surely...

Very well done. Dean's figuring it out and still being Dean.
alwaysateen chapter 7 . 3/28/2007
Great last chapter. It was good to see once more the connection between Dean and Kyle. And the memories about their mom was a nice touch also. Great job.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 7 . 3/28/2007
As always, I LOVED how you ended this. :)

You captured Dean and Sam so well, and the way Sam acts when Dean is hurt. I almost think part of why Dean jokes so much is because he doesn't want Sam to worry, and arguing with him or joking gives him something else to think about. I laughed at his, "say 'brother'," comment, lol!

"So what if the kid’s parents could put Dean next in line for a lethal injection, why worry about something so trivial as that?"

And Sam believes that he doesn't know how Dean thinks, lol. ;) He would probably tell Sam the same thing.

"“You look strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark,” Dean quoted as he approached, instantly generating a surprised, glowing smile from the boy.

“You’re a Star Wars fan?” Kyle asked incredulously, awed anew at just how cool Dean Winchester was."

*falls over laughing* I love it! *grin* I'm a Star Wars fan, so that made me crack up, lol! Can't you just picture Dean as Han Solo? ;)

"“You’re out there rescuing small children, hugging cops and district attorneys, making the world a better place, one snow storm at a time.”"

*falls over laughing again* Lol, yep, that's Dean.

"‘Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.’ –Matthew 11:28"

The Lord did give you a perfect verse! That fits Dean so perfectly, and is such a beautiful and comforting verse as well.

"We do not always seek God but He always seeks us, always loves us."

Amen. :) Perfectly put!

Is there any chance you'd think about writing a sequel? I'd love to see what Sam and Dean would do after what happened, and I'd love to see more of Kyle. But no matter what, I have loved every second of this story! Your stories are always so hopeful, and you are such an amazing writer.

God has blessed you with incredible talent!

I look forward to seeing what you write next! :)

Ani-maniac494
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 7 . 3/28/2007
I cried :) I personally prefer the language of the KJV of the passage you used, but either way it is lovely and I really enjoyed the part with Mary. Especially "Hey God, its Dean” and the reasoning behind it :) how fun!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 7 . 3/28/2007
Wow. I didn't think this could get any better but you excelled yourself with this ending. When Dean got the bookmark and was explaining about Mary's hankerchief, I actually teared up and I don't do that. (Last time it happened was the car scene at the end of CSPWDT. Must be something about those boys being emotional that gets to me!) You wrote it so, so well and kept them completely in character while still clearly showing their love for each other. Adored Sam explaining to Dean how he'd been when he was in hospital and laughed at the humour you still managed to slip in there. Fantastic story - I really loved it :)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 6 . 3/28/2007
Nicely done chapter. Looking forward to the wrap-up!
I'mcalledZorro chapter 7 . 3/28/2007
I really enjoyed reading this story! That verse worked so well, espically with Dean! This story does truly glorify God, great job.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 5 . 3/28/2007
LOL - the cop hugs him :) Poor Dean - duh, he was SEVEN! I want Dean to settle down and be happy of course :)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 4 . 3/28/2007
Heehee - Mr. Rogers quip made me laugh :) Lots of banter in this one!
lookaway618 chapter 7 . 3/28/2007
You know I always love your work. I also love the verse you used. I know I definitely need that reminder so it's perfect for the boys...I think it's time they do another faith episode. ;o)
Karma22 chapter 7 . 3/28/2007
My personal favorite when i was a little girl was Now i lay me down to sleep... I really liked the new chapter. You did really well with it. hope to hear more from you soon!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 3 . 3/28/2007
Totally has a point in not believing Dean is hurt - the guy'd be "fine" if his leg got hacked off, y'know? Love the "steal" the car line :)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 2 . 3/28/2007
I'm glad Dean's staying at the hospital with Kyle :) Sam needs therapy. Maybe he can do that while Dean's at the hospital lol.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
I actually read this chapter several months back, but was too ill to comment :) I love the pace and the place it's coming from and where it appears to be headed. I'll keep reading :)
189 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »