Reviews for A Mother's Prayer
Bergamotte chapter 13 . 5/30/2013
Dear Nedjmet,

Your story - A Father's Promise together with its sequel, A Mother's Prayer - was fabulous, one of the 10 best phanphics I've found on this website. It is so good that I'm going to go back and re-read both parts to cherish the fine details. You paint powerful pictures with your writing. You're amazing.

I realize now that the songs of "Katie O'Neill" were written by other lyricists, but you chose them with skill and discrimination. They helped to make your fiction a work of great beauty.

I feel that chapter 13 was not the end and that the tale has yet to be played out fully. As well, A Mother's Prayer wasn't marked as complete in the status field. We, your readers, can always imagine our own end to Erik and Christine's journey, but you're the bard; we need you to take us there. What happened with our two favorite protagonists after the events of A Mother's Promise? I hope that Real Life will grant you the time needed to "finish" this saga (realizing that in Life the story is never really finished). I'm clicking every available checkbox so that I'll learn about it if you update this story or start another.

Fondest thanks and highest praise from your loyal reader, Bergamotte
Megra chapter 13 . 12/15/2009

I was wondering if there was going to be anymore of this story or if this was the end? I hope that you continue writing it.

gebi chapter 13 . 12/11/2009
i hope you will continue this story one day, it is too good to be abandoned;)
Rishtalak chapter 13 . 4/21/2009
I'm really enjoying this story. I just got through the entire series up till this point in the last couple of days and man, I'm already eager for the next chapter. Good job!

I do wonder though. Is this concert just a temporary spotlight in Christine's life, or is she going to be an "Irish singer" forever? I kind of miss the Christine from the first story.
watchfob chapter 13 . 10/5/2008
*misty eyed* I swear.

I love it. That's all I can say. I love it and I'm enchanted and dear God, I LOVE it. *hugs computer screen*
BaronessCMD chapter 13 . 9/26/2008
Mon Dieu...I cannot remember the last time I was so captivated by a story. I just got finished reading "A Father's Promise", which I was ready to hurt you for. If you hadn't promised a sequel...You capture both Christine and Erik in fantastic and realistic ways. I hate coming to the end of a chapter, not knowing how long I'll have to wait to know what happens next. Please, update as soon as you can. You are an amazing writer.

Amethyst Topaz
Eaglefire chapter 13 . 6/3/2008
It is so amazing...

Are you coming back? Please? I'd really like more...
pen name55 chapter 13 . 3/4/2008
While I loved reading A Father's Promise, A Mother's Prayer is all the more enjoyable as it is entirely different from the musical. Although you haven't updated in 8 months, I really hope that you haven't given up on this story. Believe me I know how life can get in the way. I hope that, whenever you can, you will finish this beautifully written story.
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 13 . 2/16/2008
Very nice. Please update soon.

Darth Stitch chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Here's the thing.

I adore Phantom of the Opera, cried my eyes out for that very rare version that featured Carles Dance, hunted down the original novel done by Leroux, memorized that fantastic book by Kay, fell in love with Michael Crawford's voice when I first heard him sing as Erik for the original Phantom musical and was greatly disappointed in the 2004 movie, mostly because this will probably be the way I'll get to see the musical for a good long while, not being well off enough to afford tickets to go all the way to the US and New York and Broadway. Don't get me wrong; I like Gerry's intensity and the charisma he exudes in the movie, even though I was disappointed in his voice (No, I'm not a diehard Crawford fan but I was thinking of Erik's voice the way Susan Kay and Gaston Leroux have so richly described it).

So here is your story and while reading it, I had the distinct impression that I was watching the REAL Phantom of the Opera movie, complete with a Gerard Butler with an unearthly voice and a beautiful angelic and far more mature Christine Daae. I could hear them singing, see the chemistry between them, feel the pain, picture Erik in all his dark glory ruling the opera yet again and agonized over the angst and the misunderstandings in the name of love, complete with Meatloaf singin' "I Will Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" and his version of "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" in the background.

And then I went on to this sequel, thinking the "movie" wasn't over and was shocked back into reality because I was just reading the written word. And it's not yet over! There's still more to come!

I have to commend you for doing a fantastic job of transporting the characters into our time. We all know it's been done before but I like the way you've taken the idea and given it your own unique twist that I find myself eagerly awaiting the next installment!

You've probably heard the complaints about "the brogue" a kazillion times so I shall simply say that I'm glad for the moments that Christine you've created in the first story has finally re-emerged. I know real life woes all too well so I won't pester you to write the next chapter more quickly. When it comes and when you finish the story, I will be utterly delighted. Brava! (applauds wildly)
Zorn's Song chapter 13 . 12/24/2007
At least you didn't leave off in a cliffy. But please resume and finish- it's too good.
phantoxicant chapter 5 . 12/20/2007
Reading this sequel elicits so much actual pain. I hope you will complete it. It has been three months since the last update. Is it completed? Would you be kind enough to let me know?
qt72011 chapter 13 . 10/27/2007
omg. you really need to update.

im so excited about the next chapter!
Norma Leann Zane chapter 13 . 9/25/2007
Absolutely amazing. Your work never ceases to captivate. I can't wait for the rest of the story!
Rose Moon aka Lilliana Tempest chapter 13 . 9/18/2007
I know it must be hard to up date but dear it has been almost 2 months and im starting to feel like geting the rope out so please for all our sakes up date.