Reviews for The Price for Freedom
terracotta rose chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
aww this is one of those ones that make me cry they are so good and sad
Justin chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Great! I really liked it. I expected some sappy cheesy aang ditching katara bs, this was a nice change from the norm. I liked it alot
Rhinoface chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Ooh, I liked this so much... until the end. I can't help it, I suppose, being a Taang shipper, but still, the story ran so well, but after "And he could never know it," it seems... seperate. Non-related. No offense meant, as I do love this story and your writing, but... it just doesn't seem to work.

Nice work, though.
Anzer'ke chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
that was...beautiful, really that was utterly brilliant and awesome and please make it a Twoshot and happy or I may cry.
Butterfree chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Wow, that's a great outlook on Toph's life before, during and a little after the Avatar Series! You should write more of these sort of fanfictions!

CupidKirby
kaibasgirlx chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
You may be a Kataang fan, but this was a beautiful take on the relationship between Toph and Aang. I have a feeling she really just pretended to have a crush on Sokka cause she wanted Aang's attention (though I could be terribly wrong).

After I read this, I was kinda sad, but you inspired me to write something Taang, so there you go.

Thank you for writing this, and the inspiration that came along with it! I hope you write another Taang again, even though you don't like the pairing so much, you really have a good take on it.

Téa
Dead Reckoning chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Very good story. I liked it a lot. I hope to read more from you in the near future.

Keep up the good work,

Sam
LeVel27hoodE chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
oh..thats so sad..i'm adding this to my favorites
Lunauc chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Wow... that's pretty much the gist of a theory I wrote up in a board not too long ago. Nicely written. I wonder if you'll write her perspective further through the story.
Forlorn Maiden chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Whoa that's deep. So sad.
PandaCookie chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Oh, god, there just aren't enough Taangs around...my pairing deserves so much more love than it gets...

Nice story, though! Poor Toph...but even if it was a little short(I'm one to talk :P) I enjoyed reading it, so yay!

Keep writing _
fleeting.ideas chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
o, "trapped by love" tres magnific! :]
Tama Saga chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
There's a big weakness in the story...

"She had learned a long time ago not to let anyone get close to her. So she pushed him away, pining for him at a distance. She wanted him. She wanted his love. And she would never have it."

Well, looking over the past you gave her, the closest reason why she would refuse to let others get close to her was her parents. And that's just overprotectiveness...how would that teach her to push everyone away?

And pushing him away is your biggest reason for why Toph's wish for freedom ruined her chances at love.

It doesn't work. When she was young, she wanted freedom. When she was older she wanted love. Does that mean she's willing to give up her freedom if she could get the love? Yes, right? So why does she push him away if she's willing to give up her freedom?

Don't give me that bull that she gave up already. She's blind! And she's a good bender anyway. She had to overcome that disability with lots of work. She'll struggle. I know she will.
Gino chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
writing Taang's are we? lol

I liked this one. I felt it was a bit rushed but it was a oneshot, afterall. You could have fiddled around with it a bit more but i still enjoyed it nonetheless.

I also thought the way you did the "stick out sentences", as I call them. You know, the paragraphs with one sentences. Says a lot without really saying a lot.

Though I'm sure we can both NEVER imagine Taang, this is def. a pretty nice insight to a child's growing crush, and the first heart break. Well done!
K9 the First chapter 1 . 2/8/2007