Reviews for The Darkness Will Rise From the Deep
Shade the Hero chapter 1 . 1/13
Whoa. That was amazing.
loveaustralia chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I don't know much about the game, but what a great flip to the relationship between these characters.

Tracyboo
Ghost Writer no. 3 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I don't know why I started reading this fic, but usually these introspective things are crap or filled with plot-holes or fall back too much on Final Fantasy VII.

This is good.
SilverKnight chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
You quoted Mordred's Lullaby. You rock on principle.

Very nice one shot.
Viva-taquitos chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
This reminds me of Fight Club. It might sound batshit insane, but it totally does. Actually, the Sephiroth/Cloud situation, in general, screams Fight Club to me. It's an excellent film (and book, I've heard).

Speaking of excellent, I quite liked this story. I've often wondered what happened after this particular scene. It's a great interpretation. The description is very vibrant. Overall, really good job.
Bluumberry chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Interesting idea there. I'd love to see more.

And ignore the jackass flamer okay? They know nothing.
Silvara chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
I was very pleased this finally was no slash! You can't guess how much. Beside, I loved the plot ; how could I wait for the next chapter, you cruel author! XD
Redwood chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Excellent; very good play between those two, it feels like canon. Update please!
RanMouri82 chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
This was . . . amazing. In fact, I don't know an adequate way to do this justice. One aspect of this story struck me more than the rest, even the exquisite details and pulse-pounding action: the theme of light and darkness.

Actually, I was rather disappointed with the way Kingdom Hearts held up light and darkness as requiring each other and being equal, and then contradicted itself by encouraging its heroes to seek light and defeat darkness. The way you wrote this, however, put a mysterious spin on that and allowed the reader a broader interpretation; it also placed us in Cloud's bewildered POV and touched that universal wish to seek goodness despite our ongoing confusion about what that takes.

Great job! *glomps for the win* Keep writing!
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Interesting! XD I wish I could come up with more to say, but I'm starting to get really freakin' tired. But I liked this, I really liked how frustrated and bitter your Cloud was. I thought that was well-done and appropriate for the situation.

Would be interested to see more with this!
jediempress chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
That was quite interesting. I like the dynamic that's being set up.
Stacey chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Its almost like Sephiroth is a mentor!

I'm surprised you pulled this off so well. The vague snarking from Cloud was amusing, though it wasn't really snark, was it? He almost, almost reminds me of Syaoran. In a strange way. Anyway, tangent over!

I'm so glad you write Sephiroth as sane. So, so glad.
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Thta was intresing 0
SashaFan9278 JPJr chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Excellent story! Very exciting, action packed and intiguing. I enjoyed it very much. :) I can't wait to read the next story! :)