Reviews for Escaping Gravity
betweenlife chapter 18 . 6/9/2010
Beautiful ending. :)
Arilaen chapter 18 . 6/7/2010
WOW. I have to say that this story is epic and your writing style truly blew me away. I know that it seems like everyone is going for the whole brotherhood thing, and a story like yours that captures Sam's need for independence and resolves with him achieving it - even with a good dose of bumps and limp!Sam on the road - is so refreshing, and the way that you pulled it off is brilliant. I love all of the OCs, especially Ronnie and Etta, I love how you introduced them too, and I for one had no idea that they would be lasting characters when I first met them, I love how you built their relationships with Sam. And I love all of the smaller stories (that could be stories in their own right!) that make up this one, from Michael's ghost to the ex-boyfriend to the crazy rednecks and Etta and then Dean's own accident and even his complications... you know how to keep a story moving and have us holding on to our seats.

I was just really, like REALLY mad at Dean when he selfishly walked away from Sam at the barbecue... what made me frustrated with him is that he did that and at the end he STILL didn't get it, and Sam's thoughts about his brother were spot-on. Same with dad, but it was a big step - a BIG step - for him to relent and let Sammy go, but Dean didn't make any kind of step of his own, and I was expecting more from him than dad. He still wanted Sam to give up Stanford and return to them like he couldn't take a hint in chapter 17 or something, and by then it was obvious that he wasn't thinking about his little brother at all then, he was just thinking about his father and himself. But everyone's actions sadly made sense based on the events and the way you built up to them (like at times I wanted to know why Sammy didn't call home, that messed things up more for John and Dean... by the end I decided that I would have done the same thing though P). I'm still really disappointed in Dean though.

This can totally fit into the series as a prequel. Is there a prequel for this story itself, with Jennings and the incident when Sam and John first had their big fallout? Or was that in the series and I never noticed?

Thanks again for the AMAZING read, it was a great adventure!
Yellowbulma chapter 18 . 3/12/2010
I loved your story.
doyleshuny chapter 18 . 10/28/2009
OH THANK GOD! I was worrying that after everything that the brothers would STILL be angry at each other! JEEZE! I'm so NOT happy with John Winchester like I ever was. I always thought that man was one selfish bastard. I loved your fanfic because it wa dead on as far as that man was concerned. I always knew he favored Dean over Sammy. It didn't take a freakin genius to guess that little fact. Anyway Fantastic Writing! I completely loved it!
doyleshuny chapter 4 . 10/27/2009
I feel so bad for poor Sammy and Dean. I DON'T feel badly for John. It really made me angry to hear the whole 18th birthday thing. Most 18 year olds would have had a complete fot and for excellent reason if that had happened but not Sammy. John should thank his lucky stars for that but instead we hear a 1,001 excuses. I get really tired of John. Poor Sammy. He deserved so much more then he got. I feel so bad for him now. EXCELLENT WRITING! I LOVE IT!~
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
OMG That was fantastic! I've always disliked John Winchester. There I said it! I just never cared for him. His parenting techniques sucked to say the very least. He expected Dean to raise and take care of Sammy. Not himself THE DAD but Dean the big brother. Then instead of being happy and proud of his youngest child like a NORMAL parent he kicked him out. What's up with that? I ALWAYS liked Bobby better then John. He didn't judge either boy. He loves them without fail. He doesn't belittle them or make them feel bad. Not to mention the fact John had this nasty little habit of eaving two young innocent boys by themselves. He always made sure they salted the windows or doors or whatever but he never thought about non supernatural threats. Things like child molesters who would like nothing more then to see two little helpless boys by themselves. If CPS found out they would have taken especially Sammy in a heartbeat. I'm LOVING THIS STORY! EXCELLENT JOB!
szinhaz chapter 18 . 6/9/2009
This is one of the best stories I've read here!

I can very well see this happening. All the characters are wonderfully written.

Thank you! :)
blueoctober chapter 18 . 7/31/2008
You have a wonderfully written story here. Actually all of yours are but I absolutely loved this one. I was basically reduced to tears at the end... excuse me as I dry my watering eyes a bit ;) The whole Dean giving Sam a new cell phone and their phone conversation was sweet. You did a great job, the thoughts of all the characters were clear and one could really relate to them even John, though you had me seriously wanting to knock some sense into him. Well keep up the great work. Take care and look forward to reading more from you in the future.
Anjelicious chapter 18 . 7/13/2008
That was one of a kind! Good Job!
CandyStick chapter 18 . 5/13/2008
Absoulutly amazing :)
Ihni chapter 18 . 2/20/2008
Aw. I actually have tears in my eyes now. Those boys, those boys ...

Thank you for this. It was ... a very good story. Somehow, those words don't seem enough, though.
Ihni chapter 9 . 2/19/2008
Aw Jeez ... You know, I was reading that new chapter to your other story just now, and then I thought, Hey, I've got an hour before I have to go to bed, so I might as well start another one of your stories ...

... I shouldn't have done that. It's now WAY later than it should be, and I should sleep already, and I should have been asleep for hours. now I REALLY have to go, no matter how much it pains me to, because if I turn up at work tomorrow looking like a zombie, believe me, I'm blaming this story.

... I really must learn to go to bed in time. it's not easy though, with stories like this around. Damn you.
JenBurch chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Wow, that's gotta... ouch!

Gotta say, seeing the look on Dean's face would have been the nail in the coffin for Sam... and all he wanted was to go to college, most parents would have been so proud of him for that!
6219834 chapter 9 . 1/4/2008
Argh, one's safe, then the other gets a vein blockage. Nice slipped in cliff'
6219834 chapter 6 . 1/4/2008
Oh bless them. Poor boys...
364 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »