Reviews for Escaping Gravity
Poaetpainter chapter 2 . 2/13/2007
twisted! *thinking about whats going to happen*
Starliteyes17 chapter 2 . 2/13/2007
Hey - mean cliffhanger! Those are NOT allowed! Is it a ghost? Or a demon? Coal black eyes suggests the latter, but that would mean someone else was in the freight car, and I think Sam would have noticed something corporeal. Maybe not, though.

Yay for worried!Dean. He's going to be sorry when he finds out Sam is really gone. John too. Not that I think Dean should necessarily feel guilty about what went down, but as I love protective!Dean this still works in my favor. ;D Yes, I am evil, why do you ask?

Great chapter Roz! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 2 . 2/13/2007
Sam's leaving affecting them all so hard...Dean being left behind, John trying to not let it affect him, and Sam trying to start over on his own.

They all need hugs.

Great start! I look forward to more!
lelann37 chapter 2 . 2/13/2007
oh, so sad...stupid winchesters, i just wanna smack some sense into them sometimes. oh sammy, how are you gonna get out of this one? thanks for the update!
sabrina chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
Mental Sammy anguish - love it!
Surplus Imagination chapter 2 . 2/13/2007
Didn't take long for trouble to find Sam, did it? I loved the chapter. You've set a great angst stage. Thanks!
Spense chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
This. Is. Amazing. Truly. I've always felt that the fight between John and Sam over his leaving for Stanford was multi-layered. And I think that you are the first author to cover all parts of it. So many just concentrate on their favored characters reactions.

I love how you protrayed John. He's a father who loves both his sons deeply. But, as he said, he'd made some mistakes, and because he doesn't 'talk' to his kids, now Sam believes that he hates him, and sees him as a poor shadow to Dean. You do a beautiful job on John's thoughts - showing how much he loves and cares for Sam.

Dean's anger was incredibly realistic. As was his using humor to try to defuse the situation. The exclusive men's club was perfect, as was Sam's clear belief that John didn't think he was good enough. John's true surprise as Sam's bitterness was also excellent.

Then Sam's belief that at least somebody in Stanford thought he was worth something. That was heartbreaking. And in the end, I think Sam might have stayed had Dean been able to get over his anger. But his anger was the last straw for Sam, who now sees that he's lost everything. Totally and completely.

And the broken phone spells more trouble for Sam, and for Dean and John who can't contact him or track him . . .

(And smelly Dean was hilarious).
carocali chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Oh, I like how you are doing this, and I can't wait for the roadtrip. I especially like the ties back to your other story, where Sam felt abandoned by his brother and father. it's a perfect segue to this part of Sam's life.

You write the anger between Sam and John so well, it makes me shiver! I just want to reach through and strangle their father for being such a stupid ass. So well done!

More please!

:D

Caroline
Gizzygiz chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Wow! I'm hooked! I could see this as how it happened when Sam left...poor kid! Can't wait to read more! Sweet start!
friendly chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
awesome start... can't wait to see where you take it.. great job...
L Quinn chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Again I applaud your storytelling. I have been theorizing what happened and the time frame. It couldn't have simply been a last minute thing to tell dad and start school the next day. I pictured his dad finding out much the same way. I see Sam wanting a break from hunting since he hasn't known anything else but not intending to leave it permanently. I am interested in seeing how you put it all together.
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Jeez Roz!

I'm sniffing already and the angst has barely started! If I wasnt' at work I might've even shed a tear or two... thankfully I could hide it behind watery eyes and a sniffly nose...

Oh lady this is painful... my poor heart bleeds for that lonely boy...

Thank you! :D

sifi
1967Impala chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
I can't wait for the next update! this was an amazing start! poor sammy! most parents call their kids screw ups if they fail school but john's calling sammy a screw up because he got a full ride to one of the best schools in the ocuntry. porr kid. i can't wait to hear more about Farnborough! update soon! 1967Impala
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Awesome start! I love how Dean is angry with Sam as well - too often I find in "Leaving for Stanford" fics, Dean is completely willing to help Sam in any way he can. Well, canon shows us that Dean was, if anything, angry and bitter about Sam leaving. Besides, he knows Sam can take care of himself, if he needs to. Or, at least, he did first season. ;D

I can't wait to see what happens! Any chance for some limp!Sam action? And Guilty!Dean? I know, not ALL fics have to have them, but... ;D

Excellent start, Roz.
bally2cute chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
I knew there was going to be a fallout over Sam and Stanford, but it still hurt. I didn't really deflate until Sam got the same look from Dean as he got from papa Winchester. That's when I just could've cried. Since the beginning I don't really know whose side I want to be on about the Stanford, because I can get both sides. I've always imagined that Sam has got to be just like his mother. Papa Winchester is an unyielding hard ass. Like Dean, I think he just wants his family together and safe, but he only knows one style that only works with Dean. Nothings hurts more than for someone to try and crush your dreams, but I have to give it to Sam for going after it and trying to forge his own path even while having all the odds against him. He has no plan, probably no money, no one on his side, just nothing. Your alternate title makes me more than a little wary, but after surviving in that collapsed house, I have no doubt your Sam will endure, but I cannot wait for the journey.
363 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 Next »