Reviews for When a Lie Leads to Truth
Kemeto No Repato chapter 10 . 5/5/2008
One of the great masterpieces of our time.
Pugs in Paris chapter 10 . 3/25/2008
Great story .
MyxsticFics chapter 6 . 3/3/2008
oh shit, somebodys gonna die
brakken chapter 10 . 3/2/2008
Hehehehehehe...Great ending by the way, it took them long enough, honestly...I was a little worried there that their first kiss would be at their wedding- what if they messed up? They have to practice sooner or later! Good thing that got cleared up. I think Kagome must have been grateful to let them get away with such a little prank, and Inuyasha as well, not that he'd ever admit it.

I think my favorite part of this story was the little creative bits thrown in helter-skelter, with no continuation or purpose outside of the original appearance- things like the future Sesshomaru, or Inuyasha in a bathing suit and Kagome's inherent ogling, or even the idea of Inuyasha being mistaken for Spider man, but then 'having too much hair'. They were great comedy wise. Good story!
brakken chapter 9 . 3/2/2008
Oh is she in for a surprise...I don't know if Sango is capable of keeping the truth to herself- and if Inuyasha had known the pain Kagome was going through, I'm sure he wouldn't have been able to either. I guess I'm just the terrible, terrible sadist who enjoys it all- it's painful and yet so entertaining! Argh I feel guilty, I must blame it on you! You're writing this like a comedy (which I suppose it is in a way) but right now it should seem tragic or angsty or hopeless or something! And it is those things to some extent, but why can't I stop smiling? Double argh...I guess your writing is just too darn enjoyable to read. Oh well can't keep this up longer great chap anyway (twitches while typing, waiting to continue reading)
brakken chapter 8 . 3/2/2008
Oh, they just had to throw the guts around and have an ear torn off too, didn't they? I think Miroku is more sadistic than I am, honestly, he knew way too much about all of this for my comfort. Not that that wasn't in character- it was, that's the scary part- I can actually see him doing that. Heck, I can see all of them doing what they did. I hate it but I'm laughing all the same. It'll be all the more fun when Kagome finds out it was staged and rips them to shreds for real...I'm still waiting for them to find out that it was all a silly schoolgirl lie to manipulate Inuyasha into paying more attention to Kagome...That is going to be so hilarious, especially after all that's happened because of it...The little scene with Kouga and Inuyasha's conversation as they discuss their 'getaway' was my favorite part I think. Classic! So basically I loved this chapter and am dying to know what happens next.
brakken chapter 7 . 3/2/2008
Oh, poor Inuyasha! To think he went to all that, did so much for her, and she still doesn't believe him! Though I honestly should have seen this coming. The only thing that can really fix all of this is some painfully blunt honesty on both their parts, to themselves and to each other. Somehow I know that's going to take a bit of a while...If Kagome's friends only knew what kind of pain they've caused, meddlesome, stupid (if amusing) harpies! Although at this point it's not entirely any one party's fault...But Inuyasha is going to rip Sesshomaru to shreds for that cake when he finds out. It seems that a lot of people are going to be ripped to shreds come to think of it...Wow I'm really a sadist, I can't wait to see all the blood spilt! ok not literally but you knew what I meant...Great chapter anyway!
brakken chapter 6 . 3/2/2008
Hehehehe oh that was brilliant! Pure brilliance!

I feel so guilty saying this, but I think it might help you: you might want to review the use (regarding prepositions) and meaning of askance. Moving back to how much I enjoyed this anyway.

I read the line of the pastry chef, something like 'what was her name again? Kikyou?' and I covered my face with my hands and squealed, I was laughing so hard, it was just too much. Only to have them go have that wonderful dance together, so romantic and sweet, and then to find the desert...Bam! In your face fate! In your face world! I'd feel bad for Kagome and Inuyasha if I wasn't too busy laughing at their plight, laughing at my imaginings of the ways in which Inuyasha will torture/murder/maim that pastry chef. Oh it was too good! I can't wait to see what happens next!
brakken chapter 5 . 3/2/2008
Ok, I'm sorry but I can't let the stuff in your author's note be left alone. Because if meaningful relationships are nonexistent, what would be the point of almost all romantic art/music/theater/movies/poems/books? To make ourselves happy in our delusions? Wouldn't that just make us more unhappy overall knowing that they could never be achieved? Wouldn't we eventually get a clue and stop reading/writing/watching/making romances? And yet we haven't. Know what that means? They do exist. They're just not all that easy or fast to come by, so some weaklings give up to cynicism and skepticism and pessimism. Granted, I can be all of those things. But that doesn't mean I'd inflict my less-than hopeful opinions on human nature and life on everyone. So yeah, ignore the bs and keep hoping. It might not be fast, or easy to find, or as you expected when you do find it, but it does exist, and if you keep an open mind, you can find it.

Now that my little sermon is over...

Great chapter, the roses were a very sweet touch. I can't wait to see Inuyasha go gaga when Kagome is ready finally- because we all know he will...Knowing him, he might get possessive and try to make her stay home lest anyone else see her looking so fine. Hehehe can't wait to see what actually does happen!
brakken chapter 4 . 3/2/2008
Hm forum sounds interesting but I'd have to catch up with my reading first. I hate not knowing as much as I could, even with the decent excuse of my insane life...Moving on...

Hehehe nice job with Kagome trust her to totally misinterpret everything he said, and to relate that version to her mother. Inuyasha's in for a real surprise when he finally meets up with her again. Pity he thought to go to her friends first. But oh, how much more amusing will it be to have him all decked out and reeling from their well-meant 'advice'. God, I'm sadistic. Oh well. Hehehe great job this story is too good! I can't wait to see what happens next!
brakken chapter 3 . 3/2/2008
Darn. It's reading things like that that remind me that I need to go back and read the bits of the manga I was forced to skip over the first time because I couldn't find them...Oh well. Well written anyways, and good job with the dialog- it's tricky to get them to both say things along what they would say and consistent with only what they know and yet have them all have double meanings so the lie can be kept up, and you managed admirably. Poor Kagome. Poor Inuyasha. Although, if Kagome finds out it was her friends who were responsible, they'll probably not go on living very long...Not to mention if Inuyasha finds out they were lying. That would be great, so long as he didn't kill them all outright. Hm. Well, anyways, I'm curious as to what happens next! I'll keep reading!
brakken chapter 2 . 3/2/2008
Oh that was too great...this is just too funny, and I am just too sadistic. Miroku's line was the best by far. 'As much as I hate to say this, Inuyasha, you have never been one to act much on intelligence so I will spell this out clearly for you. Seduce her.'

Yep, I about died laughing at that one. And imagining the look on Inuyasha's face. Classic comedic glory right there! Oh, if only he were less of an idiot and just freaking told her about the 'curse'. But that would ruin the fun of the entire story, wouldn't it? On we go then! Great job so far!
brakken chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Ooh...I can tell already that I'm going to enjoy this very, very much...I wouldn't call that talking my ear off- I love as much detail as possible, and novels are my favorite type of story. I love the depth you can get in them that just ends up left out of shorter pros. So yeah, great opening. Those three really have no idea what they've thrown Kagome and Inuyasha into, have they? And I doubt Inuyasha will figure out they were lying for a loong time. Or that he'll tell Kagome as much- knowing him, he'll probably act weird and awkward around her, and ask her subtle confusing questions to try and figure it out without giving himself away and her answers (seeing as she doesn't understand what he really wants to know) will just make everything worse...This proves to be endlessly entertaining already...Great idea!
abandoned five-ever chapter 10 . 2/26/2008
OMFG! I loved it! AWESOMENESS! _ I am going to see if you have written anything else. Later!
J Luc Pitard chapter 10 . 2/25/2008
Good story. I liked the ending except that the retribution to the friends is a bit... anticlimactic. It wouldn't deserve its own chapter, of course, but some more subtle punishment than a youkai carp (though the carp's earlier role was fine).

I did like the friends overhearing the happiness between the couple as the last line, I guess I just wanted them to earn it (like by having to admit to almost ruining 2 lives).