Reviews for The Lie I've Lived
Vvv
brodylopa chapter 24 . 6/11
Well the ending was lack luster to say the least it fills it was a decent book
THE.Bookworm.1111 chapter 13 . 6/10
The Lesson for today is learnt
from this loathsome spotty rotter
that you'll always come second best
when you try and fuck with Potter

okay okay, this has to be the best song ending ever.

this is a good read, at first I was hesitant because it's such a different plot, and because it was first person but when I continued I discovered that this is an Awesome book
nikprosta chapter 24 . 6/10
Amazing Epilogue! LOL
Richard2910 chapter 24 . 6/8
Okay. Wow. That was awesome. Sorry for only writing one review but i don't really get into the habit of writing them.

This is one of the few fics that ticks all the boxes. Having few grammatical or spelling errors is one of my requirements for a fic and this one definitely passed. A lack of overpowered godly main character is another. However this fic has one thing that few others can give. Originality in the canon universe without throwing something absurd into the mix (killing dementors with a human patronus and a topless goblin-raised warrior/wizard falls under this category).

Even as it deviates further and further from canon, none of the characters other than the hat behaves too differently from how i would imagine JK's version would. This fic is one of the few that i believe could realistically happen in JK'S harry potter. And the icing on the cake is that it does all that while still providing an interesting story.

However, it's of course not without its flaws. In the latter chapters, harry's relationships with characters other than his partner are barely explored. Character development is also quite flat. And while the sorting hat's presence makes sense during the first few chapters, it merely provides comedic relief throughout the rest of the story (it is done quite well though).

Overall, i would recommend this story. While not perfect, it is one of the best fics I've found on this site.
Nickzillakingofmonsters chapter 24 . 5/24
You know one marvelous thing about this fic that is almost never matched on this site? Satisfaction. Krum is a prick, you want to hate him, and in the end he gets what’s coming to him. Same with all three Malfoys. Same with Karkaroff. So many people have this dog ass, milquetoast approach (that is also in canon) where the good guys are a pack of stupid losers, and nothing satisfying ever happens to evil.

And I know what you’re thinking, didn’t Umbridge get something-ed by centaurs? Yeah, sure, but our heroes had nothing to do with the actual punishment and she was all better a book later. Fucking. Weak.

The first time I read this story... many... years ago I hadn’t read many fics, and didn’t understand what a rare treat a non-passive, non-stupid protagonist is. So thank you, jbern, you fucking rock.
antim1santhrope chapter 18 . 5/21
so I'm 18 chapters in, and I'm absolutely loving it, I like how even though you are changing the story you aren't trying to outsmart Cannon, or add ridiculous creates only superpowers can stop because everybody else is helpless... I also love the Hat because harry potter needed a snarky person and it fills that role... my one criticism is it seems you're so caught up in this slow burn Harry/Fleur falling in love... that you are ignoring Your Fleur's faults and not developing any other major friendships or even more plausible relationships (cough amie cough)
Highlander83 chapter 24 . 5/21
This entire was great! I love the snarky attitude of Harry and the hat! It made the story. Do you have an ETA for the story?
CrimsonMystic chapter 23 . 5/18
I take back everything. WHERE IS THE SEQUEL!
CrimsonMystic chapter 24 . 5/18
I'll admit that i've been looking at this fic for years on a whole lot of favourite pages, and it never really caught my interest before I just kind of went 'whatever', but it was seriously fantastic. Looking forward to reading the sequel over the next five or so hours
QueenOfWeasels chapter 1 . 5/17
its an amazing concept, but the hat ruins it
TheDarkFreak chapter 24 . 5/16
This was an amazing story, a rarity that had me hooked, reading until 3AM across three nights, the whole way through.

While I'm sad that the sequel doesn't appear to be happening, I just wanted to say how much I loved this story, and wish you the best in your professional writing endeavors.
MSU19 chapter 1 . 5/3
First person can be very difficult to write. I did notice that there are a few errors in this chapter relating to the first person perspective. Will continue reading
TheFloristFriar chapter 17 . 4/29
Best non-bash Dumbledore I have ever read, 10/10.
Nerdy Geekdom chapter 4 . 4/27
Tried getting into this story but there is just too much swearing that it really detracts from the story, sorry man.
4,615 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »