Reviews for One Week
scribblemyname chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Pain. Pain. Pain.

I hate Marvel. I hate them.

This is beautiful.
SassC HiJinx chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
I love the idea of Rogue unconsciously being drawn back to the Valle Soleada house. Though Remy's gone (this is set during his time as a horseman, right?), she's reminded that what they had was real, even if it was temporary.
allyg1990 chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Loved the different characters' reactions. :)
Cara chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
LOVED THIS...I really loved this! I didn't think that the canon focused enough on Rogue's inner turmoil after Gambit became Death, tried to kill her, etc... This was an excellent depiction of what could have happened. We all love to wallow in misery (especially if your a Gambit and Rogue fan;) and Rogues self pity seems very real here. I thought the whole "this be reality" quote great. You took something out of it's original context and made it an even stronger statement. Very nice. I think you should do more of these little moment stories from the comics. You do really great job with them.
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
Ah...Gambit's Death stage, huh? Too bad their time together as normal humans wasn't in the comics, but then, that's not too exciting is it? I'm sure they made up for lost times during their non-powered time. I did love her jumping on Bishop when he came to visit them! That was awesome. I love your Sam. You seem to enjoy writing him quite a bit.
Secret Agent Smut Girl chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
As always you capture it just right.
Anamarie Chambers chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Totally enjoyed this one-shot. Too bad Remy wasn't waiting for her...

...but some things can never be...

~Anamarie
Umbracorvis-who-can't-log-in chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
I loved it :)
Green Amber chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
I raise my glass of ice tea to you, Percy. That was just so lovely, and bittersweet.

I absolutely love this image you have of Rogue waiting outside the house that she and Remy shared together for that short time during Xtreme X men, and the utter despair she feels when she realizes that Remy isn't there waiting for her. I don't know what it is about this scene, but it feels like at this moment, Rogue truly feels her loss. Maybe it's because she's staring at the life that she might have been able to continue with Remy, if they only hadn't returned to the X men. If they had never have returned than none of this might ever have taken place and they would still be together. Or maybe, like you said, it's because he isn't here at their home, when a part of her absolutely expected him to be. I can only imagine the despair that she must feel when she sees this house that both she and Remy lived in, and realizes that she can never return back to that time.

I also liked how you had Rogue return to reality through a timely phone call from Sam. It was nice to see the friends that she has that still care about her and are waiting for her back at home. That phone call serves as a very important reminder for Rogue that life still manages to go on. I don't know what it is about this last scene, but I almost find it to be the most depressing scene of the place, the fact that she has to go back to this life that has managed to steal the life she might have had away from her, and that she has never quite been able to escape.

This is such a lovely piece, and I absolutely love your prose style. I admit that it makes me really jealous at times, but I love it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, there is some ice cream waiting in the fridge that is going to make me feel better and help me to stop crying.

Countess.
ishandahalf chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
well, i have to admit, i was hoping for more 'i get by', but frankly, i'm always pleased to see ANYTHING new from you. ;)

so, fab stuff, as usual... i really liked this. there was a simplicity to it that spoke volumes. both remy and rogue run away, but while remy runs away, rogue runs BACK... i liked her mini-breakdown in front of the house. well, not LIKED it, since it's obviously not a happy thing, but... yeah. the point IS, gold stars. keep the fics comin', pretty please?
iamdaemon chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
That was a good bit o' fanfic. I liked how you expressed what Rogue was going through. I sure feel like that with the radio sometimes. I went back and read with while listening to "California" by Phantom Planet, really good.