Reviews for The Next Level
scorpio38457 chapter 2 . 11/24/2014
Wow sorry i didn't find this story years ago. Great story though wish there was more
finaldragon13 chapter 2 . 7/1/2008
please tell me there is more to this! and i am laughing at jake for not saying he wouldn't leave with out taking her with!
Seraphina2 chapter 2 . 8/4/2007
Ah, wow, are you going to write any more? Since this does continue from where Upgrade left off, does that mean you'll include what was building up with DuMont?

Anyway, your writing of the characters is so spot-on I feel like I'm continuing the show. Good job.
craziest1 chapter 2 . 5/30/2007
So far, I like it. Especially the idea of Jake having a back-up plan. Diane having nanites is something I haven't seen before and I hope you can continue it to the current standard.
FinallyAssimilated chapter 2 . 5/15/2007
Hi Harmne,

Nice job - it managed to grab my attention enough to distract me at work! (Okay, that's not hard to do, but I was able to fend off other selections...)

I, like you, tend to think faster than I can get it on the page, and I like your characterizations very much - they're similar to mine ;)

But seriously; the only thing I noticed is that (and if you're like me with respect to the thoughts wanting to jump out of your head, this is NOT unusual), there are some minor errors and some awkwardness that might be served well if you give it a read through a couple of times (with my sincerest apologies if you DID read it through a million times like I do; I know sometimes those buggers just make it out there, no matter what you do)

Looking forward to the next chapter ...

Cheers,

FinallyAssimilated
Growl Snarl chapter 2 . 4/12/2007
Cool story so far, I'd love to see what's going to happen with Diane's nanites. I only recently got into the Jake thing, but your characterization seems alright so far. Update soon!
Zephyr of Shadows chapter 2 . 4/3/2007
Oh... wow, this is really good! I must admit that I've only just started watching Jake 2.0 online, caught the pilot on Sci Fi and have become obssesed, anyway, I haven't finished the last episode yet, but I really enjoy this so far! keep it up please
MaddieStJ chapter 2 . 3/4/2007
Coming along nicely. Like where it's going. Where's the next chapter?
VesperRegina chapter 2 . 2/26/2007
And the plot thickens! I liked that you picked up on Diane's injury and you portray Jake's concern for her so sweetly. Also, the fact that you gave Jake a back-up plan is something I haven't read before and it makes a lot of sense.

Here comes some concrit, I hope you don't mind.

Although I liked being able to read about Jake's inner feelings in one particular paragraph, it seemed a bit at odds, to me, with the rest of the story, which is told from without. It wasn't enough to throw me out of the story, which you're telling with a great deal of heart. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Zucht chapter 2 . 2/24/2007
Excellent chapter. I am really interested in your story. Keep it up!
spookysister7 chapter 2 . 2/23/2007
I like it! Keep going!
one-village-idiot chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
I just hope this IS continued.
VesperRegina chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
Very, very well done. You communicate tension and heartache very well. I see the "TBC" there and even though this first chapter stands by itself, I'd love to read more.
Urgazhi chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Interesting...

I like that you have continued the story from where it left off, should be interesting to see where you take it.

It disapointed me that they didn't continue this show, it had such an interesting idea, and such a different feel to it. They were setting it up for Jake to change, which I think you captured. I believe that it was his more 'marine' (you know the 'wolf pack' thing...) side coming out.

Anyways, I do hope you continue this _.
Zucht chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Good story. Very incharacter. You did a very good job of using little details to increase the beliveability.

I can't wait for you to continue!