Reviews for The Road Beyond
SonjaLei17 chapter 1 . 9/8
Aww, this was absolutely beautiful. So, I know I'm a lot of years late in reading this, but I'm so sorry that you received such a nasty criticism from someone in a review. No one deserves that and I think your writing is beyond amazing! I really enjoy reading your work and honestly, whoever left that review must not have a soul, because the stories of yours I've read so far are really, really great and so heartfelt. You capture not only Sam and Dean's characters perfectly, but the entire essence of what the show is about: family and love. So thank you for taking the time to write and share these amazing stories. I am super grateful for it and a huge fan of your work. You've basically taken so many scenes I've wanted to see expanded on between the brothers and made them ten times better than what I could have ever imagined, so thanks again. I'm just gonna go continue creeping on your profile and reading all your stories :) Lol #sorrynotsorry
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
I haven't read the story yet - I got distracted by your AN. I just wanted to say good on you for continuing to write what you love despite the anon. Considering that the whole purpose of writing fanfiction (at least as I see it) is to continue to participate in the stories and characters we're given, so there should be NOTHING wrong with writing tags. Sure, they're usually a little self gratifying, giving our fangirly desires some wings where the ep didn't. ;) But that's the point.
Which is basically what you said. I just wanted to encourage you to keep writing tags, because who cares if they're "pointless" in an artistic or plot-driven sense. They have boatloads of value in numerous other senses: reader and author gratification chief among them (as well as honing writing skills!) and there's no reason on earth why you should stop. :D
amyblair chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Wow. When Sam is standing over the bank, looking down into the river you so nailed that. I loved the descriptions of how he was seeing his brother's lifeless body float by. Howled a song of murder... that was a great line. I think every person has been high above a hill or a river and had the wind blowing on them and felt that feeling of letting it all go, letting the bigger take over.

First thing I've ever read from you. You have no reason to doubt yourself. Remember, some people would rather read Wincest or have they boys fight on the moon.

My point is, some people just don't have good taste. You are not one of those people. Embrace that.
j chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
self-control is good, I really love this story as I love everything you write.
mouse8 chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I hope the positive comments you've received on this have expunged the memory of one idiot's words. Your writing is wonderful and many episodes just beg for tags so don't ever stop!
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Oh, darling! How cruel that someone said that to you. If it makes you feel any better, I've had the same exact words thrown at me and I DID quit writing tags...except for one that was requested by someone else. You try so hard not to let other people's words affect you like that, but it does.

I'm glad you had the strength to keep going because this was lovely. I hated that the show just dropped it right where it was...I wanted more. But, every time I go to write a tag, I hear the words unoriginal, waste of time, nothing we didn't already know swirl in my head. Maybe I can be brave enough to write tags again myself some day, until then, it heartens me to know I'm not the only with the struggle.

Beautiful piece, sweetie! You just keep on writing's obvious by your review numbers that many people are reading and enjoying them.

StoryDiva chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
This was a highly enjoyable story. I love how adament Sam is about protecting Sam and making sure Sam knows that it's what he wants.
funkyspunk chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
I absolutely LOVEd this fic so much more! You're a hero Sammy. The world's and mine.
xsilicax chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I really enjoyed this. The episode definitely needed some closure at the end, and this worked very well. I always think that Sam does fine when there are things to do but as soon is it gets quiet his mind starts going places.

“Sam, quit staring at me like you want to hug me or something,” Dean cautioned. “It’s kind of freaking me out.”

Made me laugh out loud!

I think you had the characters down pat. And the Bon Jovi comment connected it really well to the episode.

A good read!

freaker chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
great fic.
Karen chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
its me again! taht is so KEWL! hahaha lindsey drools! but you should rite a sequal! love u no who!
QuMerc chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
What a nicely done tag. There are only so many minutes in an episode and sometimes you need to fill in the ending. I have so much fun reading writers' takes on episodes and this ep just begged for it. Yours is one of the best. Well written, not too chick-flicky, but with enough emotion to feel for the boys.

I'm sorry you had someone say something to you about writing tags. It takes courage to write something and offer it up to the masses. I commend you for it.

Thanks for sharing.
Lizzie chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
I think YOU should stop apologizing too. The IGF (Instant Gratification Factor) on this was pretty ranking, so keep it up!
Winchester73 chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
The episode was superb and I enjoy tag scenes so please keep writing them. They are fun and sometimes add to an episode. Thank you for writing.
skye chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
You're a good writer but I can't help but feel that Dean is a bit OOC, not that that's a bad thing, he's just a bit more open than he's normally. But then again Supernatural isn't a normal show, so what the heck. Great tag!