Reviews for The Price of Pity
ElfLuver13 chapter 3 . 2/19/2007
Now I feel really bad for Eowyn. I'm trying not to think of the infant as a little brat, but it's not working. This is a very intriguing story! Keep writing!

Ivanolix chapter 3 . 2/18/2007
Oh dear. I am seeing Faramir here being just a little clueless—or maybe it is just that he is not thinking clearly because of the trauma of recent events—in how he treats Miresgal and Eowyn. It is clear that he dearly loves his son, and dearly loves Eowyn, but he is not doing very good at creating a unified family...each piece is still broken and by itself, with only Faramir as the binding agent. I think the best step for him would be to create some sort of compromise with the languages (as you haven't read the Silmarillion, it must be pure intuition that you have the conflict of Rohirric/Sindarin, which recalls to me the Quenya/Sindarin wars in Beleriand). I was very surprised that Eowyn didn't demand a translation then and there. As I have said before, I love this story, and it really makes me think...this is probably the longest review I have ever left. Hope you don't mind the rambling, and I hope I didn't misread anything. Great job!
Katia0203 chapter 3 . 2/18/2007
Gah, this story makes me want to scream in frustration! (because of how the characters act) This is ridiculous. Eowyn is doing her very best, and that little demon child is acting extremely rude and ungrateful. And Faramir doesn't even CARE. Sure, it's his baby, but doesn't he SEE how he treats Eowyn? The child deserves punishment to help him LEARN how to treat his elders, especially his step-mom. Yea...he's only 2, but by then he should understand a bit what happened to his mom and who Eowyn is. And the nursemaid...WHY would she lie? That could get her fired! I hope that this is resolved...somehow, because it's difficult for me to read about an extremely spoiled child who is treating Eowyn like crap, and she isn't getting any help to deal with it.

*whew* However it shakes out, I still love the story, and I thank you for writing it :)

Update soon!

Namarie,

KT
Awen1923 chapter 2 . 2/15/2007
It seems Miresgal has taken after his mother (at least for now). I feel sorry for Eowyn having to raise a child who is not hers and who does not like her. Hope to read more soon!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 2 . 2/15/2007
I am really enjoying this sequel - it is very emotive. Aniror is truly horrible and selfish.

I have one quibble: according to Tolkien, ELves could only conceive a child if both parents wanted a child. How, then did Aniror have a child? I can't imagine her wanting one...

Hugs,

Sarah x
Celebne chapter 2 . 2/15/2007
It's a pity, that Faramir seemed so unhappy married with Arinor Perhaps, his wedding with Éowyn is hurried a bit. This story is gettinger darker. I like it.
The Phoenician chapter 2 . 2/14/2007
Intriguing. You've got my attention. Waiting for more...
Ivanolix chapter 2 . 2/14/2007
Ah, you were not joking when you said this was going to be tragic. ;-) I love Faramir, so strong and firm in what he wishes. Alas that Aniror seems to hate him still! I am not sure what I think of Miresgal; it must be hard for a little boy to accept a new mother, but he is making it more difficult than it has to be! I just noticed that Aniror and Eowyn have several things in common, which makes me hope that this will all turn out well in the end.
ElfLuver13 chapter 2 . 2/14/2007
This story is sad, intriguing, dark, and mysterious all at once. Very insightful chapter, bringing us back to when she was alive. Please write more soon!

ElfLuver13 chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Quite an interesting piece here. I'm awaiting the next chapter.

Katia0203 chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Faramir had a child with Aniror! Why on EARTH would he do that? Poor Eowyn, having to raise Aniror's child...I wonder why she feels like an intruder...it makes a little sense, considering she's from Rohan, but still...what causes her to feel SO unwelcome? I've got a lot more questions, but I think I'll just sit tight and see if you answer them in the chapters that follow :)

Great start though; it captivated me :)

Namarie,

KT
Awen1923 chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Hmm...I wonder what happened to Aniror. Good start so far. I am looking forward to the rest of the story. Hope to read more soon.
Nari-chan SND chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Great chapter! I wonder what happened to Aniror that killed her. It should be interesting to see where you're going with this. Keep up the good work and please update soon!

~Nari
Celebne chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Interesting beginning! I like the idea, that Faramir could be widowed before he met Éowyn. The relationship between Éowyn and little Miresgal seems to be a big problem. Keep on writing!
Ivanolix chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Aww, poor Miresgal! Brilliant beginning to this story. The emotions are very strong, and Eowyn seems very in character so far. I am intrigued, and wish for more!
195 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13