Reviews for The Price of Pity
Larner chapter 12 . 11/25/2008
A poignant chapter, and one that is good to see as Miresgal begins to find worth in Eowyn. Very sweet.
Larner chapter 11 . 11/25/2008
A bipolar elf! Now that is a thought! And it is good to see some tenderness between the two of them. And Eowyn is just the one he needs to help him detoxify after such a mixed marriage.
Larner chapter 10 . 11/25/2008
If Elves bequeath what they feel to the children they conceive, then it is easier to understand Miresgal and his uncertainty and distrust of his stepmother. Alas for the child.
Larner chapter 9 . 11/25/2008
So, she seeks to make Faramir as bereft as she is herself? Interesting.
Larner chapter 8 . 11/25/2008
Boromir sees evil; Faramir sees misery. Now to find out precisely what Aniror sees. She went to Imladris for healing but did not find it in full, obviously. So, what type of wound did she know?
Larner chapter 7 . 11/25/2008
An interesting custom, to turn the horses loose like that. And it does appear that the same ought to have been done with Aniror as well.

Love Eowyn'w down-to-earth treatment of the situation, and Damrod's perceptiveness.
Larner chapter 6 . 11/25/2008
I agree-she is seeking to hurt as she hurts, although we still do not understand what it was that brought that hurt to her to begin with. She made him her husband by calling him from his guard; why him of all of mankind? What has made her so very bitter? And she does seek to turn his love to her coldness. Twisted in spirit, definitely.
Larner chapter 5 . 11/25/2008
Most interesting that he has somehow come to marry what appears to be a misfit Elf, one who fits in neither world somehow. What has led to her marring, I wonder?

Good pacing!
Larner chapter 4 . 11/25/2008
Yes, there is a need to talk and to know this one whose place she takes. Alas for the lady, whose marriage was not perhaps as it ought to have been. Aragorn offers good advice.
Larner chapter 3 . 11/25/2008
Definitely a child who has not been given a good foundation, and turning from the love so freely offered. Alas for Eowyn.
Larner chapter 2 . 11/25/2008
It does sound as if she were right. Perhaps I ought to have read the other story first, as I cannot imagine Faramir marrying an Elf from Lorien, but it is an interesting concept, I must say. And the child sounds as aloof and unloving as his mother.
Larner chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
It is seldom easy to marry a widow or a widower, or so I've found in real life. I hope this is not to be a repeat of what occurred in Aman when Fingwe remarried, with Feanor never accepting his stepmother.
Camille chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
This was an excellent story and your original characters were well defined. Thank you for taking the time to write and share this interesting story.
Nari-chan SND chapter 25 . 8/4/2007
Great chapter! That was a very nice ending to the story. I really enjoyed reading this. You did a great job!

~Nari
Ivanolix chapter 25 . 7/22/2007
Great ending! I loved the bit of fluff, and Eowyn's semi-reconciliation with Aniror's shade.
195 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »