Reviews for Only Memories
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 9/3/2015
nice, sweet little story! she didn't use the kotodama on him and i appreciated that and that she's matured (as well as inuyasha, to some extent) enough to talk instead. now at the end he can't use the breaking of the jewel and her responsibilities against her as she's owned them now and they can no longer have the same effect. lol hopefully you've gotten to read to the end of the manga and/or seen 'the final act' of the anime... along with the little short manga chapter after the end...
Inuyashafanfun chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
...that note was about the exam? Are you kidding me? That girl made her realize her feelings and tell them to Inuyasha when she was talking about the exam? (Sighs)
signeoghjtoenvoigj chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Aw! This story was awesome! :3
Crystal Twilight chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
This was cute. I thought the confessing of feelings was a bit rushed, but otherwise, it was very enjoyable. Keep up the good work!
Simonkal of Inuy chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
A little too much about Kags feelings and not nearly enough about Inu, but it was cute just the same. Yes, it was definitly cute!
FrameofMind chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
This is a very cute story, and I really like the theme you're exploring - but I think it has the potential to be stronger. Here are a few suggestions either for an eventual edit or for future reference:

First of all, the section where you summarize Kagome's interactions with Hojo and so forth drags a bit, and doesn't really seem to contribute much to the story. If you're going to bring Hojo into the story, do it for a reason. Make him a potential threat (maybe Kagome considers the prospect of dating Hojo and living a more normal life?), or at least make him some sort of an obstacle. As it is you could pretty much cover his involvement in a simple sentence: Kagome called Hojo, and he lent her copies of his notes. So basically I'd suggest either fleshing this section out into actual, real-time scenes that are significant to the story and contribute to Kagome's contemplation of her situation, or cutting that section down to a couple of quick sentences.

Next, I find the requirements of Ruki's exams a bit unlikely. I'm currently working on a creative writing minor, so I'm familiar with the college writing workshop setting, and I've never been assigned anything like that. Creative writing classes wouldn't generally have exams in the traditional sense, where the student is required to come up with something on the spot and write it in class. More likely her "final exam" would be in the form of a long term writing project or a portfolio of collected works from the semester.

Also, I didn't quite buy the moment where Kagome suddenly realized that she could never leave Inuyasha. I see what you're getting at, and I like the idea that memories make us who we are, and that shared memories create a fundamental bond among people - but I think you can go much deeper with this that you have. For one thing, Ruki's letter seems just a little bit too well-tailored to the situation considering the little she actually knows about it. It sounds like she's speaking for you, the author, rather than reacting organically to what she heard. Also, I think the letter can set Kagome to thinking, but it's not quite speific enough to cause her to have an immediate revelation. She needs to chew on it a bit, maybe revisit some of those unique memories she shares with Inuyasha, and realize through the memories themselves just what she would be sacrificing if she left him. Maybe you could subtly work the theme of memory and shared experience into the earlier parts of the story as well - but then bring it to a head in Kagome's revelation scene. Food for thought...

Anyway, I really like the resolution where Kagome comes back and confesses her feelings - but I also think this could be stronger. Mainly I'd suggest smoothing out the tense moment between her accidental confession and the real one - this is key. The words tell us the moment is tense, but it doesn't actually *feel* tense on the page. Maybe draw it out - let it linger just a tad...

Adorable story though - I enjoyed it very much!
Robert chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
Good story. I like it a lot. I like Rukui.
Caitriona chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Lovely piece. It showed a lot of maturity on Kagome's part - growth actually more than maturity. The letter was well done (no pun intended) and, while deliberately generic, was exactly what Kagome needed to hear.

Thanks for sharing this one shot with all of us.

fallenangel7583 chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
girl! wow! that great advice and beautiful words. so well done! aww... very moving. YAY!
InuGrrrl chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
Tina! This was SO cute. I loved the kiss and the whole awkward I love you. Just adowable! You must post this at ED, yah? I'm gonna make that challenge section too. Great job!
You Light The Sky chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Aw... that was so beautiful!

Ruki is a nice character! Hopefully someday she'll be in more of your fics as a minor or major chracter... I loved the message! It's true, Kaogme should be glad she broke the jewel!

I never actually thought of it that way, you did a great job wtih this one!
kitsuneasika chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Oh. My. God! So that well really DID speak? Oh. My. God. O_O ! yeah, I think you get how much I liked this. _