Reviews for Never After
Fenrir666 chapter 13 . 6/21/2008
Again, very good. I really, really love this story. I loved the fight between Link and the Shadow, and the Shadow yelling at Sheik. I cannot see any need for improvement. Very good job.

Best Wishes

Fenrir6
Fenrir666 chapter 12 . 6/21/2008
I cannot recall if I reviewed for this chapter, but if I did, it was anonymous. I will say this. You are amazing. This story is so well written. You capture the characters so well, and your original characters are incredible, and I really like your Midna, you truly capture her personality. Truly, you are an amazing author.

Best Wishes,

Fenrir6
someguy2023 chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
hmm... Why don't you go pester Nintendo for a job as a writer? That way, the next Zelda game will be guaranteed as a success :P

Your stories are without a doubt at the level of professional work, maybe even beyond that...
Felkin chapter 13 . 6/21/2008
It's quite the surprise to see this story updated ) And a really nice update too by the way.

I quite liked your fight scene this chapter; very nice descriptive work there. Neat twist with the dark assassin too ) I couldn't find any spelling or grammatical mistakes anywhere, although I can't say that I was all that actively searching for them.

I'd like to give a more in-depth review for you but to be honest I'm going to have to go back and reread this story from chapter 1 sometime this week as I seem to be more than a little shaky on the overall plot. Not that I'm complaining about the time between updates though, everyone knows life can quite easily get in the way of things )

Nice chapter and really nice to see this story updated as well. Keep up the great work! )
Phlux chapter 13 . 6/21/2008
I just can't seem to get enough of this story. Excellent work.
Sora G. Silverwind chapter 13 . 6/20/2008
NEW CHAPTER YAY!

I liked the fight scene. And the Kingdom of Twilight worldbuilding stuff in the beginning of the chapter. I look forward to seeing more in this story!

...I'm thinking I'm due for a re-read on this, though, since it's been so long since you updated. Not that I'm complaining - I really adore this fic and your writing style, so. :D
Wolfen Dreams chapter 13 . 6/20/2008
Well. Didn't see that one coming. But then, I never see things like that coming.

I really don't have anything to say, except that this was an awesome chapter, and that I can't wait for more. Oh, and, what's happening to Midna? (*Is a little panicky*)
Whilom chapter 9 . 6/18/2008
Okay, I've been whipping through these chapters, but I had to stop here and say: Shiek-is-awesome.
DwarvyjAbbErwOckY88 chapter 12 . 6/12/2008
Plz continue this! You're worse than Eric Kripke (see:Supernatural Fandom) and his evil cliffhangers of DOOM. The things you've written are just too awesome to leave alone for this long!
Guardian1 chapter 12 . 5/29/2008
Oh my God. Where has this story been all my life? Oh my God, I can't even leave a coherent review, it's this good. Oh man. This is spellbinding. I started chapter one on a whim and sat here for ages drinking in every word. You say you don't in particular ship Midna/Link, but this is one of the most terrifying and wonderful story just about them and their quest and all of the rings their descent left - ugh, just, oh man, I love you.
The Orange Cow chapter 12 . 5/27/2008
Very enjoyable chapter! Greatly looking forward to the next one. By the way, will the whole thing where Zelda disguised herself as Sheik ever become a matter of importance? Or is this an AU fic where the Sheik from OoT was actually Sheik(and not Zelda)? If this is addressed further on in the story, no need to respond(I can wait). :3
The Orange Cow chapter 2 . 5/26/2008
Like Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell much?
project mp chapter 12 . 5/18/2008
I have never seen a fanfiction so creative before. By the goddesses, Sheik would be able to come out in the next Legend of Zelda perfectly matched with his surroundings! Howell is truly a lovable charater (poor twili...having to endure the suffering of being with Midna...), and the other twilis are very well described and portraited.

The first few paragraphs concerning Hyrule is also interestiing-don't wear green? Tales about the Gossip Stone and the fairies? It's great. It certainly makes you feel like the documents actually exist.

As I am not in favor of orignial characters and/or settings-I am both surprised and relieved to see that I was proven wrong.

But then, characters from the game are exactly like the original- Midna is like her self all right, Ashei is tough, and Link is especially close to the game. Closest, actually.

Why? Because he doesn't talk. What else? lol I could see that you are putting your efforts in keeping Link from talking-and it surprisingly works.

The fanfiction is perfect (although the words you use are a bit high in my standards) and should be continued on till the end. As the hylians would put it, may the goddesses protect you!
mercuryfox22 chapter 12 . 5/7/2008
You silly, don't call this "sod." This is the second time I've read this chapter over, just because I felt I needed to read it twice to appreciate all the things it touches on... and because it's just plain enjoyable. :3

Oh gosh there were a lot of good things in the chapter. Opening with the sad Ilia and Link scene set a certain sad tone, that matched with the ending with Nooru... and the following section of Link fighting the Gerudo was appropriately upbeat in contrast. I have to say, I totally dig the way you write the Gerudo. They've got that pride and warrior-women air, but at the same time they're a bunch of girls who fangirl and cheer for Link at the same time they fight him. I loved that!

The thing about Link possibly being banished nobility? Scandalous! lol. I'm really interested in how Shad intends to pull that off. It was nice getting a little clearer view of the Hyrulian time-line, and of how the Senate came to be.

I was interested in Link "romantic experiences," and how you subtly led it to his more recent "relationship" (I don't think I'd call it a romance?) with Midna ("But that was growing up wasn’t it? Windows closing and the loss of lullabies and butter toffee? Mirrors breaking, wicked giggles silenced, apples – all lost in the ether?" Beautiful writing.), and then into the fact that half the Gerudo would gladly pounce on Link, which is not at all where I thought you were going with the romantic experience tangent but somehow ended up working. XD

The talk with Nooru was a little long, but at the same time probably necessary. The pace picked up when she finally got into telling her story about Sheik, after all the atmospheric flower talk and such. I thought it ended strong, though, and then sad, touching on Link heartbreak. Link's getting his heart broken all over this chapter (or remembering *how* he got his heart broken), isn't he? It's sweet in a sad way, very emotional, and I like it.

About Sheik having "created" Ganon... You've MORE than gotten my attention now! I really don't know what to make of it. I think it would be interesting as hell if Sheik is indeed still bent on vengeance and his own motifs, but at the same time I have to wonder how true Gerudo history is. Either way, I'm dying to know! :D

Alright, I have to stop fangirling over this fic now. Look at this huge review I'm leaving!

I hope you get to update soon. I'm seriously addicted to your writing now. It's beautiful, full of images and emotion. I'd love to see more of it.
The Annoying One chapter 12 . 4/25/2008
Very, very well done. Hope to see more updates as the year progresses. And if I was you I would wonder how the heck I started writing a Midna/Link too. I like mostly Zelink, or OCLink. I may write a Saria/Link and Nabooru/Link, if that happans the age difference will be logicly removed. I might, might write a Malink, really, really doubt it. NEVER WRITE A RUTO/LINK SHE's a FISH for crying out loud.

Sincerely,