Reviews for Never After
Cakes Blargh chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Where the F r u?! U need to finish this FIC! *goes nuts waiting*
Someone chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
A good start. I love the details you have on Midna's character.
Desteni chapter 14 . 1/17/2013
Wow. I am loving this story. Your characterizations are interesting and amusing and well-rounded and delightful. Your plot has hooked me and I have so many questions that I could hardly stop reading from the beginning to this point. And your prose is so fun to read. Mistakes are minor, and I can tell that a lot of thought went into this. I love the 'quotes' at the beginning of each chapter. The only thing I'm sad about is that there isn't more. I really would like to hear the rest of this story.

I know that since it hasn't been updated in years that's probably not likely. And I understand that people who write fanfiction often don't finish posting. Life happens. But a girl can hope. So I'll watch this story and hope.
gr33n chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I was wondering if you would mind it I did a tribute comic of Never after? I would of course link back to your story and give you full credit. I am just really taken by your interpretation and would love to do some kind of fan art. You can see some of my art over at:

This story is fantastic! I love what you have done with the mythology of the games. I've been following it for a few years now, and am very sad that is has not been updated in such a long time. I take you lost interest?
Kurai Ummei chapter 14 . 1/2/2013
... That feel when there is no next button, and the author just dropped a literary bomb on you. "How would you like to see Midna?" D:
pikachucat chapter 14 . 12/31/2012
awesome
Insane. Certifiably chapter 14 . 12/9/2012
This is- there aren't words, not really. It's quite possibly the best fic in this fandom, even in this incomplete state. It's epic. And one of the few I re-read over and over again.
The way you tie the history to the happenings and seamlessly include the little flashbacks is astounding. All the details are just amazing, Ilia with the garden and the butter toffee and Midna loving apples and Ashei's storytelling and Nooru's other lives, it makes them real people who spring off the page and live.
I adore your Twili, how you've made them so treacherous and yet magical and bound by debt and debt alone. Your descriptions are beautiful and I can see the Realm and the Dusk People who live there very clearly. It was an inspired take on politics and the way things are run(the Houses are an incredible idea) and Midna's casual (indecency, blasphemy, accusation) manner is exactly how I could see her behaving. She's strong and regal and just incredible.
Heck, I'm not usually one for extremely important OC's and you've even made me like Howll, how he's kind of this counterpoint for Midna's casual, almost thoughtless manner. I loved the encounter with Lady War, how he can bring her to see his side with a simple bit of language.
You Link is amazing, more beast than man and only part Hero. Twilight Princess showed us a beast and you have truly captured that essence here. I can't wait to see what will happen when he gets to the Twilight Realm.
Sheik is just the right mix of ambiguous and badass and ancient-mystic-whatever. He has this tragic history that he carries in his eyes and it leaks out all over the place and- see look, you're even making me vaguely poetic, this is that good.
People show Dark Link as another character, but you've got him down to his roots, this insane thing bent on murder. Him being a twili was an unexpected turn of events and the way Link got him to that state was pure win.
You keep saying you're unimpressed with the way its turning out, but I can't find anything wrong with it other than the occasional small grammar or spelling mistake. You said it isn't dead, so please, please, please finish this.
face87 chapter 13 . 10/19/2012
Woops- I accidentally posted an unfinished review on ch 14. So I'll post my final sentiment here on ch 13: even if you never finish this fic you should be proud that you've made such a great one in any capacity! It really inspired me to write more Zelda fic myself! Great story and I'll def be faving and following just in case you ever decide to finish it!
face87 chapter 14 . 10/19/2012
Oh man, I'm in mourning that this story appears to be dead... So I'll just skip straight to the stage of grief that involves bargaining and say that if you ever decide to come back to this story and finish it I will write you as many fics as you want- no joke. I am a woman of my word so if you ever do come back and see this comment then message me and take me up on my offer! (I mean, not that I'm a particularly prolific or talented writer- but I could try to become one for you!)

But anyways, I just wanted to let you know that this is the best Zelda fic I've ever read and I am super picky about my fic so that's saying something. I love your characterizations of Link and Midna especially, and I think you've got a great feel for story flow and it shows in the way that you combine all of the plot threads so neatly and concisely. Everything in your fic feels purposeful and lends something to either the plot or the characterization- nothing is wasted! I love that you show, not tell and I absolutely love the little snippets of Hylian mythology that you include! They're one of my favorite things about this fic!

It's a shame that this looks like it's been discontinued when it's the only fic that I've reached the end of and then literally screamed when I found out it was unfinished because I so desperately wanted to know what happened! But know that even if you never finish this fic
DamionKenley117 chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
...
Ok, yeah. I'm sorta mad there's no follow up to this. I haven't read EVERY authors not you wrote after this last chapter was published, but there's no mention of this story at all in the few that came immediately after across your other stories, and certainly none on your page. Granted you haven't posted anything new in the last year-ish, but...it makes me sad. There's so much about this that makes me happy. And its well written. There are several distinct plot threads (Link/Sheik, Ashei/Shad, Midna/Howll) that run concurrently that are distinctly separate and intricately linked. Each of them are compelling in their own way, to the point that I don't find one of them boring enough to skip over on principle (which is damned hard to do, with me). And the snippets of history thrown in here there and everywhere are compelling in their own way. Link's past with Ilia, Sheik's wife, the Twili history. Not to mention the massive cliffhanger with Link's heritage. So, if you ever get around to finishing this (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplea se) you've got me, at least, dying a little bit on the inside to see it finished.

...unrelated, but this was written to the backdrop of Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Puscifer. Specifically, Wings for Marie, 3 Libras, and Rev. 22:20. I love Pandora.
DamionKenley117 chapter 13 . 9/14/2012
Oh, well done. That's the sort of curve ball I can get behind.

As an unrelated aside, technically TP Link could be called a werewolf. Except that I have massive issues with basically every werewolf ever. With few exceptions. My first exposure to the idea of a werewolf came in the form of a roleplaying game called Werewolf: the Apocalypse. There's a whole hell of a lot that can be said about that, but the heart of it is that it was full of the coolest freaking wolves ever. Most werewolves are either just impossibly huge wolves, reminiscent of certain extinct species (dire wolves, especially). Or else they're really lame looking like Harry Potter (except for the cursed nature, goofy and awkward). Sometimes, they're as simple and straightforward as Link. But WtA had full on shapeshifters. At will they could change between man and beast, with several flavors in between. But the best of all was their Crinos form, reserved for war. If you've ever seen Ginger Snaps, you have a good idea what it is. Underworld sort of had it right, in the oldest and most primal of the werewolves (ie, that hugeass monster from the second movie, and the feral ones from the prequel).

I was halfway expecting something similar all through this chapter. Sort of disappointed when it never came to be actually. But you've still captured the essence of the best werewolves. When it comes down to it, on the inside, Link is not a man. He's very much a wild animal confined to two legs. That's the important part. Other werewolves across fiction act entirely too human, always, but especially when they walk upright. For Link, the humanity is sorta a carryover from before his awakening. Its also deliciously yummy to read.
DamionKenley117 chapter 12 . 9/14/2012
I am dreading the end of this. Its too awesome. Do you know how HARD it is to find a good piece set after Twilight Princess? I only found this through TvTropes. Ima rage quietly to myself when I go to hit next and find it doesn't exist. The HISTORY in this piece is exceedingly true to the spirit of LoZ. Unreliable narrators possibly explains a lot of Hyrulian history, not to mention the ridiculous way legends form in Hyrule after less than a generation removed from the fact itself.

sigh I'll just be getting on with disappointing myself then.
DamionKenley117 chapter 11 . 9/14/2012
Bahaahahahaha...Twilight Princess Link is the second most badass of his incarnations. Skyward Sword is the only one that tops him, but then again, SS Link had serious game face. Also, maybe when somebody with a case of fae-tongue says something plain, you should pay attention.
DamionKenley117 chapter 10 . 9/14/2012
I support the ever living **** out of Link/Midna, at least in this lifetime. Actually, the only time I ever saw Link/Zelda as viable and likely was in Skyward Sword. And possibly Windwaker, though I never played past the first time you met Tetra, so I couldn't call it either way.
DamionKenley117 chapter 6 . 9/14/2012
Love love love love
Too bad this story has been left to gather dust for so long.
360 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »