Reviews for Never After
Sora G. Silverwind chapter 5 . 3/28/2007
One of the things I'd like to try in an original story is having a mute character who is, in essence, the main character, but the story is actually told from the POV of a "secondary" character. Your Ashei scenes remind me of this, and I really like the way you characterize her interactions with Link. As always, I'm impressed by your worldbuilding and prose. _
Hiei17 chapter 4 . 3/16/2007
By the three goddesses - excuse the zelda geek line- this story has been awesome-yo. Well, considering my slothful nature, I'll just write up a list of reviews for each chapter in this one review.

Chapter 1: Excellent intro, you really set the stage with the rumors of the Sheikah beings started in Castle town. The character set up seems very correct for the way the gamers might believe them to be. I enjoy the fact that you've given Link the "man of few words" personality, considering that he does never actually give any dialogue in the games.

Chapter 2: The story description that Aslei (spelling?) gives for the spirits of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf recieving the powers of the triforce was spectacular. It really gives explanation to the way that each member is tied thru the goddesses by their incarnations. Speaking of which, if it'd be all right, I'd like to put your explanation on my myspace profile... I'd give you full credit of course ;

Chapter 3: Midna's character - in my eyes- was depicted correctly in this chapter. She is a girl who holds cunning ideas and a sharp tongue, all futiley hidden behind a facade of innocence she attempts to display. The conversation between her and the senate had a lot of 'edge of the seat' moments for me, where I could hardly wait to read the next line to see what occured next.

The dream that Link experiences as his shadow attempts to constrict him was depicted perfectly, descriptions of his anatomy demanding air made my chest hurt. His little bout with the female alpha wolf was cool too... but the little voices in the back of his head cause a bit of confusion for me.

Chapter 4: Interesting how zelda must always have enough information before she can tactically act. I enjoyed your explanation on how she had to have that process occur before she could actually move something into motion.

The image with the mirror and her short confrontation with this foe was awesome, really had me holding my breath as a read your words.

The clifhanger with this shilloueted figure is perfect..."What's the matter, Princess? Misplaced your hero, have we?" Heh, makes me wonder if it's Sheik... a character who you've brought from another game into this plot line, exellent idea...

can't wait for the next chapter... so uh... keep writing I guess
Steeple333 chapter 4 . 3/9/2007
Sheik, perhaps? ] I dunno - I'm guessing. Poor Zelda, she must be frustrated, while Link is on his merry way, almost murdered... D Ohohoho!
twickenham chapter 4 . 3/5/2007
I'm honestly impressed and enchanted. This is really a stand out story, and I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.

I also like how you've decided to go with the canon of silent link. I'm eagerly awaiting an update.
GamefreakCC chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Surprisingly your story has caught my interest...I hope to read more chapters in the future for this delightfully interesting story. (Basically your story's cool, don't let it die.)
Ri2 chapter 4 . 3/5/2007
O...kay. What just happened?

Link had a weird dream, he intimidated wolves, and...his shadow's not following him.

What's going on?
Hollow Tasan chapter 4 . 3/5/2007
Like it. Well written and looks promising. Keep at it, update when you can.
Chaotic Serenity chapter 4 . 3/5/2007
Finally caught up enough time to comment again on this story.

You have absolutely elegant diction. I can't quite pinpoint whose prose yours feels reminiscent of, but it flows with a professionalism that most fanfic authors lack, that's for certain. Your vocabularly is put to good use, and tempered by a strong thread of characterization and plot politicking. I have to say I am tremendously impressed by how carefully you've woven this story and thoroughly enjoying what you're produced thus far.

No real critiques other than a rap on the knuckles for some easily fixed spelling/grammar errors. Other than that, looking forward to further installments. :-)
Scop chapter 4 . 3/5/2007
I particularly like Zelda's method of scrying. You're still handling Link's disinclination to speak very well, but at least we've heard his thoughts.

Only one continuity thing I'll point out: Snowpeak may be to the east in the Wii version of TP, but that's where everything is mirrored, so I think it would be more accurate to put it in the west.

Nice touch with the wolf's interraction with Link. I think you captured her behavior excellently; I even found it charming.
MasterSword50 chapter 4 . 3/5/2007
Amazing work. Your chapters make me want to tear my hair out with suspense. And as all the other reviewers have said, your characterization is perfect to the last detail.

I anxiously wait for the next chapter.

And on an unrelated note... thanks for telling me about this pickpocket!
Dust Traveller chapter 3 . 3/4/2007
Got into Twilight Princess fanfiction after I read a fic of a fan of mine, Die Schildkroten, and became a big fan of his. Noticed your name in his favorites box and thought it looked familiar, so I took a look.

Wow, I'm glad I did. You really have these characters down pat. The characterization is spot on, and I particularly like the silent approach with Link. Some authors attempt this and it just comes out awkward and a little silly, but you pull it off wonderfully.

Anyway, it's interesting how things come full circle, huh? You were a fan of mine, Schild was a fan of mine, I became a fan of his, you became a fan of his, so I became a fan of yours.

Or maybe it's just a group of decent writers sharing what they write. I can't think of anything purer than that.

Good job, girl.

Chris, DT
Tris the weatherwitch chapter 3 . 3/1/2007
Like her? Gods above, I love her! She was ans AWESOME char in TP, and you make her pretty. I mean, come on? How can you NOT like her? And yay for continuation fics. Cause TP gave me so many ideas, even if I can't put them to use. I'll probably give them up for grabs-either that or use them as challenges. But I like the inclusion of Sheik. Mostly because when I first played OoT, I fell half in love with male!Sheik. Zelda cross-dressing just does NOT do it for me, at least in this case. And all of this and will make ME mope, until you update that is, hint hint.
Titanium Phoenix chapter 3 . 3/1/2007
oh. Oh. OH!

Where has THIS been my whole life? I think there is only one other story I enjoy this much!

You wrote Midna so. damn. well. Also, I'm thrilled that someone else noted that hair clip - it did seem uncomfortable, didn't it?

I don't have constructive criticism (not being a write by trade, mind you), all that I have left to offer you is a group of stuttering compliments like "Fantastic" "Brilliant" and "Awesome"

I'll be adding this to my favorites now. - And please, do continue!
Die Schildkroten chapter 3 . 2/27/2007
You know, the problem with looking at reviewers as those amiable people who pop in from time to time to say nice things about your writing is that you can completely overlook their stuff, and from time to time that's an absolute tragedy.

This is *incredible* stuff. You've nailed the characterization to the wall, for Link, for Ashei, and *especially* with Midna, which practically nobody even comes close to. Your style is a hell of a lot of fun to read and you have that certain blend of candor and suspense that makes me grind my teeth together and beat my head rhythmically against the wall waiting for the resolution and your worldbuilding is good enough to make me *giggle*, which isn't easy.

Well, it could be harder.

Bottom line: I'm considering cutting my own throat for not reading this up to now. You're my new hero.

-Pickpocket.
Ri2 chapter 3 . 2/27/2007
Wow.

Midna rocks.

And apparently, these idiots have done something really, REALLY dumb. Yeah, bad move, dumbasses.
360 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 Next »