Reviews for Never After
DamionKenley117 chapter 11 . 9/14/2012
Bahaahahahaha...Twilight Princess Link is the second most badass of his incarnations. Skyward Sword is the only one that tops him, but then again, SS Link had serious game face. Also, maybe when somebody with a case of fae-tongue says something plain, you should pay attention.
DamionKenley117 chapter 10 . 9/14/2012
I support the ever living **** out of Link/Midna, at least in this lifetime. Actually, the only time I ever saw Link/Zelda as viable and likely was in Skyward Sword. And possibly Windwaker, though I never played past the first time you met Tetra, so I couldn't call it either way.
DamionKenley117 chapter 6 . 9/14/2012
Love love love love
Too bad this story has been left to gather dust for so long.
DamionKenley117 chapter 2 . 9/14/2012
Also, I love the way you throw in little bits. The children's rhyme from the first chapter, and the story here.
DamionKenley117 chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
What a delightful writing style. I'm very find of it.

Except you have issues with finding synonyms. Needs fixing.
FloatOn chapter 12 . 6/18/2012
Hey wondering if you'll ever get back to this story. ;_;

It's too good to let it die. I would be satisfied if you just left an outline of how it ended.

I'm so inspired by this story I've actually been making sketches and panel layouts. If I end up bringing to it's full potential I would make a web comic crediting you. But alas I'm studying as well.
Angel Kiya chapter 14 . 5/1/2012
This is very good. Why'd ypu stop?
Insane. Certifiably chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
Excellent characterization of Midna. I liked your take on how things are run in the Twilight Realm. Well done.
Wolfen Dreams chapter 12 . 2/2/2012
Wow. Its been ages since the day I was too sick to go to school, and found my day brightened by chapter 14 of this fic. Yet, I still find myself coming back. In the time in between, I've read a LOT of fic, from a LOT of fandoms. I've become incredibly picky. And yet, this is truly one of the best fics I've ever read, and could ever hope to read. Only now am I realizing just how much your characters defined how I saw them. When I think of Link, I think of yours - more Divine Beast than Golden Hero, silent and fierce. I think of your Midna - sharp and wicked and so beautifully mocking. And when I think of Hyrule, I think of your Hyrule - complex and varied and steeped in history and magics. Your words chase the characters in my mind. If I had the power to bring one (suspected) deadfic back to life, and no other, it would be this one. Without question, without hesitation.

Everything about this fic is perfect - the characterizations are real and haunting. The plot is complex and engaging. The pacing flows smoothly in every situation. From the blurbs at the beginning of each chapter, to the history of the sheikah, to the culture of the Twili, to the quirks of the Hylian nobility - you've taken Legend of Zelda and made it something more than it is. And most stunning of all is the writing style. Not a word wasted, each one seems to paint a picture more clearly than I could have imagined possible. I wish I were granted half your gift with words, just for long enough to illustrate how much I've enjoyed your writing.

I just... I haven't reread this fic in over a year, haven't been active in Zelda fandom for far longer. Yet this story still echoes in my head. I've grown and changed and mostly become a lot more critical of fanfiction but this story still shines as brightly as it did when I first read it. I don't poke deadfic lightly, but this story... Its worth letting you know how much I've loved it, and how much I'd still, after years of waiting, love to see more.

If I hadn't favorited this years ago, I would again.
ftss.jj chapter 14 . 1/20/2012
Quite simply awesome. The main characterizations were spot on, with an added epic backstory. Even though when I step back from the story I realize not much time has passed in the fic at all, your writing keeps drawing me in. The battle scenes are intense but remain flowing, and the necessary fleshing out of the world does not ever feel overly explanatory. And despite my general hate for OCs, your's really keep with the tone of the Zelda series.

In reading about the politics of the Twili, I feel like you've drawn a lot of influence from the drow of the Forgotten Realms, with the different Houses, the capriciousness and treachery, as well as the fact that there seem to be matron mothers (and because you refer to the two worlds in the fic as "the Realms").

I do have a slight problem with your characterization of Zelda. In the game she seemed a little colder and aloof than you have her appear (for instance, I can't imagine the referenced scene of Link laughing at Zelda's attempt at fashion actually happening). And perhaps this is just personal preference, but 100 years between the events of OoT and TP seems too short, especially with how much you've packed into the backstory (and using "eons" to refer to those 100 years seems a bit much). Aside from these small things, which are greatly outbalanced by the awesomeness of the rest of the fic, I am loving this.

But, of course, this seems to be a fic you've abandoned. If you ever do keep writing this, however, know that you have a fan in me.
EsperJones chapter 14 . 1/1/2012
I am very sad that this story is abandoned. I hope you get more free time to work on this!
Alliriyan chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Well I'll need to restart reading this when I don't have work to do, but your writing and characterisation is so good it makes me cry in awe and jealousy. (Literally, just been singing your virtues to my friend, and she's a better writer than me, and you're better than her xD)

It doesn't read like so many other things where you can see which stock phrases have been recycled or basic norms for characters; it's just completely its own thing, and so accurate and concise.

Gah. Maybe I'll be able to in ten years. I hope you're older than me. xD
Alliriyan chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
The most fantastic characterisation, atmosphere, flow and bounce I've ever read!

You've improved on Midna!

One typo - wonton is a kind of chinese dumpling, wanton is the word you wanted. xD
0o No way chapter 14 . 10/9/2011
I can't belive this...not again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!1

Dead! DEAD! There is no curse in hylian, twili, elfic or human to describe the pain and sorrow of this news. Zuch ul lag... People should really put a disclaimer about dead stories before luring you into bonding with a story.

Is cruel. Oh well...so be it.
The Creador chapter 5 . 10/8/2011
Opening notes remind me a bit of Fable haha.

Good stuff.