Reviews for Never After
Guest chapter 14 . 10/7/2011
I've refrained from reviewing "Never After" in the past because of the simple fact that such a review would take me an eternity to type up, due to the multitude of things I want to say about this story, and due to how hard it is to phrase my thoughts. But I'll try my best.

"Never After"... ranks among the best, if not THE best, Zelda fanfiction I've ever read. It most definitely takes out that spot for multichapters. Because you've ticked all the boxes, and there's almost nothing lacking in this wonderful piece of work. Indeed, I was hooked halfway through the prologue.

First of all, your writing is exquisite. I love the flow of words, imagery and narrative you have going on, and your particular style is just so eloquent and vivid. "Never After" is by no means an easy read, but that's what makes it rewarding.

Pacing was varied; it is sometimes fast and sometimes slightly tedious, but nothing is there without purpose, and even those bits are fun to read, in a way.

Characterization is also very well done, as all the major players have distinct personalities that correspond well with their canon selves.

My favourite character here is probably Sheik. The most argued-over character of LoZ, and one of the most controversial, Shiek is nevertheless like a blank whiteboard for fanfic writers to draw on. And you've done that; you've altered him, made him your own, given him a past, a history, many loveable tics, and an enthralling, intriguing personality. Invincible he may seem, but occasionally you remind us that he is, in fact, mortal (or is he?). And he's all the more likeable for it.

(Link, soft-spoken but brave Link, is just adorable! Had to say that. I also love the way you've incorporated his "muteness" from the games without it becoming unrealistic.)

In my opinion, the plot is what is best about this story. It's quite original, it's exciting, it's entertaining, and best of all it actually makes sense. Goodness knows how hard it is to meet those criteria. You've also managed to balance the elements of plotting and political intrigue with full-on action. And I must say, the final Link/Dark Link battle was epic, and its conclusion very, very clever.

My only real quibbles are the minor spelling and grammatical mistakes scattered within the story. There are a few spelling errors/typos, and sometimes I've noticed that you miss out words/connectors such as "that" or "like". And occasionally you use "it's" in the wrong context (in the first chapter, for example). I'm sorry, I'm just a perfectionist. And so I recommend that you give the story a quick sweep-over if you can, just in case, as these errors, although small, are still jarring while reading.

So... that's my review. I hope it did your story justice.

Please, please update. Please.

"This fic is not dead", huh? Well, it hasn't been updated in around three years. The final battle seems to be all but fought, and I can feel a definite sense of closure. But it hasn't quite ended yet, I'm sure.

I know for certain that you're active; you've uploaded something relatively recently, just a few months before. So if you really have given up on this, could you please make a note of it, either here or in your profile? Or at least update the readers soon on your progress. "Never After" is just too good to be left hanging like that, without a definite future.

Best wishes, and thank you regardless, for writing one of the best Zelda stories in existence. It's not perfect, not yet, but it's darn near.

Bookwormtiff.
The Creador chapter 2 . 10/6/2011
Good story, yeah? I really like your style. Can we hope to see more of you in the future, perhaps a looonger story yeah?
The Creador chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Sounds rather amusing. Will read moar.
Havelock Vetinari chapter 14 . 9/6/2011
Old this story may be; that detracts nothing from it's brilliance.

Your characterization of Midna is particularly pleasing, and Howll is the most-well-rounded O.C. I've yet to read.

I hope to see more later on.
Farli30519 chapter 14 . 8/23/2011
great story! plz continue it! i can't wait to find out what happens next.
HopelessRomanticist chapter 14 . 8/2/2011
...Gods damn you for all eternity.

To leave this wonderful, enthralling story HERE of all places. You...you evil, incredible, fascinating author.

Still, I will hope and hope that this story is sleeping, not dead. I never like the idea of good stories being killed halfway, and this is a very, VERY good story.

HR
Serethia chapter 14 . 7/28/2011
You say that this story isn't dead, thus, I shall trust you on this (of course, it helps that I see you've posted something roughly three months ago, showing you still live).

This story... I don't know how to describe it. What you're doing is absolutely, utterly fascinating. The story follows the canon enough to contain just enough plausibility that this could be a real continuation of the game, yet I can see and appreciate where you made changes, Midna seems a bit more... mad than I had pegged her for. To each their own.

I do hope you haven't given up on this, and I look forward to anything new you may write for it. Cheers.
Angry chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Reported.

You know why.
bellahelen101 chapter 14 . 6/21/2011
This is a really excellent story, and cause it's been so long since you updated it, you probably aren't writing it anymore. I'm here to encourage you to FINISH IT. It really has some excellent story arcs, specifically the history of the sheikah, and Sheik himself. He is fascinating... And you reallly should do him justice and give him a good ending to his story.

I have to say, I was worried at first that your Link was mute. I hate when Link's mute... not much dialogue and really, sign language can only go so far.

BUT I got the thrill of my life when I realized not only does Link talk, but Sheik makes his appearance, as well as Dark Link. Best characters in the game.

So, in conclusion: Please, please, please, finish this story!

cause, "It's so boring around here. I wonder what Ganon's up to!" ::)
Shy Yet Proud chapter 14 . 6/18/2011
Honestly? This might be one of the best Legend of Zelda fanfics that I have ever read, that portrays Link in particular extremely well and has given me inspiration for how I will go about his character in my own fics.

It's a real shame you haven't updated this for so long, it is as I said before quite possibly the best fic to be found in the LoZ category.

Please, the suspense is killing me. ;D
corrinenichols chapter 11 . 5/4/2011
Sexy. And I have a comment from the last chapter- Link was always about as lovable as Epona through any other characterization I've seen. With this story, I get why Midna loves him. Personally, I love that he's (almost) as quiet as in-game.

Also, you should know, I'm in the midst of finals, and with my performance on my last exam I wouldn't be surprised if my infatuation with this story didn't result in losing two letter grades by interfering with my studying. Thanks a lot. (Actually, you should take that as a compliment)
corrinenichols chapter 5 . 5/4/2011
Thank you, very much, for taking the terrible green tunic off of Link.

This is gorgeous
Beyond Backup chapter 14 . 4/24/2011
*continual incomprehensible sputtering* First of all i must say this story is intriguing the style is unique and...I cant help but wonder what happens next.
Nils-Fimbulvetr chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Any chance this might come back? It's a beautiful story, and I'd really love to see it wrap up.
Fabelie chapter 14 . 3/21/2011
I really love this story! You don't even know, haha, but I love how developed your characters and storyline are. Particularly your interpretation of Sheik!

I know it might be too late to even make this plea, but I really want to know what happens next, so please update (when you have the time and inspiration of course). Until then, I'll just be reading and re-reading your story. :P
362 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »