Reviews for Mega Man: Guiding Rainbow's Light
crosswire chapter 20 . 5/30
This was an amazing read. You did a fantastic job weaving everything together into a wonderful story that really made sense of the Classic Megaman verse. I particularly love the interactions and friendship you kindled between Light and Wily. They weren't just partners or just friendly acquiescence, they were friends.

They fought, argued, binge drank together, ate horrible foods, and a list of other wonderful things.

Congratulations for making such a gripping story and thank you for your hard work.
Flamy II chapter 20 . 2/5
:'3 this Fic is worthy of being published... it really is.
GiGitheHedgehog chapter 20 . 1/1
It's taken me about three years of stopping and picking up from where I left off, but I'm finally through it. This has been quite the ride. I can't even call it a novel, because it's too long. I'd more define it as a series, with each "chapter" being something of movie length. This is one of the best things I've read. It's up there with Michael Critchton's works. I loved all the action involving Blues. I think that was my favorite, with another being the escape aboard Xanthos' ships. I only wish there was some conclusion about what happened with Blues. I also would have enjoyed a little bit more of Rock's startup, but the ending was definitely best completed with a little bit of Roll. I dont know if I'll ever have the nerve to reread this monstrosity, but I hope to always remember it fondly for years to come. I'd probably buy a hard copy for my personal library even. :) I just want to thank you so much for writing this to the finish. I wouldn't want you to change a thing. (Well except in the chapter where Xanthos' picks up Light for the Nobel Peace Prize you used Vinkus' name instead several times.)
Orumon chapter 20 . 8/17/2013
Beautiful. An epic that could stand alone as it's own story, but when integrated into the franchise, it adds an incredible depth to the mainline series.
Meinos Kaen chapter 5 . 7/10/2013
... So, wait a minute. Light gave him that code, Vanessa gave him that code, and they felt betrayed because Wily used it? What did they think he was going to do with it? Put it in a frame?

I was enjoying the story, but really, this will continue to bug me forever. What kind of logic is that?
Seitora chapter 20 . 7/1/2013
I petered out towards the end given the length of this fic, but I really want to give you props for bringing forward such a fine fiction that could easily stand on its own.

It got a little frustrating at times in the sense that Wily and Light never really got a break from disaster scenario after disaster scenario, but I imagine every little bit that occurred gave Light the motivation to build the Robot Masters in the end as something that could truly help humanity and save it from every suffering another disaster scenario.

While reading through the last few chapters, I had in my head a scenario where Light, perhaps quite well aware that a large part of what shaped his life is known to only a few (basically him and WIly, really) such as his relationship with Vanessa, the Second Rainbow, etc., perhaps dictates an autobiography to reveal the truth of the matter that X in the future would stumble upon (or have encrypted in his own memory). After all, the world already lost so much, it would in a sense be 'sad' if the history of the struggles that shaped the two men who brought about Robot Masters (and eventually X and Zero) was also lost to time.
Akainokami chapter 20 . 12/31/2012
Best story about Dr. Light ever!
Burc'ya Ordo chapter 20 . 10/30/2011
...Thank you, Eric. You managed to pull a Pygmalion on Megaman. Before, it was just a story, static and uninvolving. Now, the story has come to life with interesting and three-dimensional characters in fascinating and moving situations.

The characters are fully fleshed-out, the dialogue is fantastic, and I am honestly surprised that this superlative story has so few reviews. I'll do what I can to fix that.

Again, beautifully done. Any issues are simply steamrolled by the DEPTH and feeling of the saga.
Roy Fokker 99th chapter 20 . 10/27/2010
I'm belated in passing along my thoughts on this. On many fics, really, but that's beside the point. I admit to jealousy here and now. In my eyes, I've yet to write something as poignant, fan fiction or original, as the closing of this story. But I want to.

Thank you for the stories, Eric Lawson.

Keep the ink flowing, electronically or otherwise.
George chapter 20 . 9/20/2010
One of the best fics I have ever read.
Deus Ex Sub Ubi chapter 20 . 9/20/2010
I've been following this fic and your other works for a few months now, this is the most,,, detailed, interesting, and possibly the only, nevermind the best written take on Thomas Light before Mega Man happened. Outstanding work.
WhiteFangofWar chapter 20 . 9/20/2010
Heartfelt apologies for not reviewing this earlier. I stumbled on it at Chapter 10 or so and could not find the words.

Like I've said of your colleagues, you have put more thought into this than Capcom ever would. A comprehensive, detailed look at the life stories of Light and Wily that make them feel like real, thinking individuals, and enough side characters and villains to fill a hardcover. A great look at the beginning of advanced robotics and the events that made them necessary. Not only that, but the Second Rainbow's breakup afterwards, left me almost to depressed to function for a while afterwards. You sound like someone who has had a lot of personal frustrations with religious extremist groups, nationalist and warhawk governments and modern politics in general. (Don't we all)

Back on the stars of the show, I appreciate how Wily's turn wasn't a complete 180 even though you could have done so with the teleporter accident. He's simply being more proactive about notions he'd held all his life. Around Chapter 13-15 you get to feel how it is that these two could consider each other brothers without any unfortunate implications, until their distancing later down the line. Loved the freeware plan and Mr. X's tale. Brilliant storytelling worthy of Light, and heartbreaking catastrophes worthy of Wily.

PS: This is going to sound cheap after all this lavish praise, but are you still taking submissions for 'From the Sidelines'?
Lavanya Six chapter 20 . 9/18/2010
Congratulations on finishing GRL! This was a hell of a fic, and I always squee'd with glee whenever I got a New Chapter alert in my inbox.
Maelgrim chapter 20 . 9/16/2010
Bravissimo, sir. I can say no more than that.
Lord Yenma chapter 20 . 9/16/2010
Beautiful and poignant, this story weaves a history that is often not thought about by gamers. After all, why wonder about the progenitor of the hero, the supporting actors behind him? You truly did a wonderful job by making Dr. Light a more fully fleshed being, and Wily more than a mere madman bent on world domination/destruction. I also liked how you showed hints of the things to come in the world of Megaman with the robot masters, Skylight, Protoman, and others. Wonderful work, and I hope for further updates on your other works as well!