Reviews for Entry
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
What a great idea! I've read lots of stories set after BUABS but never one set before. I've thoroughly enjoyed this! Good work!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
OMG!

i LOVED this fic

awesome way into how Sam was taken- Meg praying on his weakness

ooh!

really well written hun!

awesome work
amyblair chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
Aw, that kind of hurt. I had a sneaky suspicion Meg would be in Father Reynolds and the way she lured him in was great. You wrote her very well. She does like to talk. I thought you conveyed Sam so well, wanting so badly to believe, to be good, to fight. And then failing often.

Nice, nice, nice!

You live in Chicago, are you going to the con in November?
luvjase chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
This was really good. You're a very good writer. This fit in perfectly with the story line. Born Under a Bad Sign was one of my favorites. Jared was just awesome. Of course when isn't he or Jensen awesome? Thanks for the tip that you have stories on FanFiction. Looking forward to reading the rest of them. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

Diane
MaddieM chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Hurray! I finally read something and it's been a long time. I thought this story read very well C. I enjoyed it as some extra "details" for the "bad whoozee whatsit" episode. Oh, Born Under a Bad Sign. Anyway, the only typo (u count on me for those) was in your blurb before your story so it won't count. ha ha. I loved the bit about how demons like to monologue and that meg was pontificating. hee hee. One thing though; how in the world did the boys get from Providence, RI to West Texas in one day? Kinda impossible, no?
sentarla chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
yelp. that one was just crying out for more.

thanks for filling the gap.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
Late, late, late with a review so it seems yet again! Nothing new with that I suppose but more worryingly is that I read this piece, died a happy death at the gap it so succinctly filled between Sam's posession by 'Meg' whilst all the while believing that I had left my own pennies worth of thoughts and praise behind after the reading. The quirky world of Fanfic truly has me puzzled at times..!

So Carolyn the demon AKA Meg exacts her revenge on Dean by going after Sam, her little sojourn to hell not appreciated at all. Pissy little bitch isn't she? The struggle as Sam tries to 'free' himself before posession made my throat close and my heart stop. That boy knows whats to come and is willing to die before it can play out before his eyes. Heavy stuff, showing exactly why the darkness needs to be stopped, but alas as we all know Sam wasn't able to stop the dark madness to come - and truly if something as innocent as him cam be taken there can be no hope for the rest of us.

So post possession it is horrifying stuff, because Sam now has to live with this ongoing nightmare of memories locked firmly inside his head. Just like any hell you could imagine I suppose. Thanks for a new posting, but seriously it just made me so anxious for more to come on stories new or old (hint, hint) from your pen! Roz
CCWhite chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Nice take on BUABS. I can so see how the events of HotHs would have affected Sam and opened him up for Meg. Good Job.
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Holy freaking heck, woman! Wow. Just got caught up enough to read this, and I'm overwhelmed. I could feel that angst, and hopelessness. I'd wondered how Sam got possessed, and felt a little gypped by the ep in that it wasn't really addressed except he went for burgers. And you have filled that in in a scarily realistic way. Totally awesome. You could feel how desperate Sam was to believe, to want to be saved. And how open he was to be possessed. Too much, he's been through too much and you just exploited that beautifully. I'm in awe.

Thanks so much for sharing this, and although I love your ongoing stories feel free to write tags, pre- or post- or missing scenes. They are amazing. But oh, while I'm here...begging for an update on one of the ongoing ones? (I know, I'm shameless...but your writing is too fantastic not to beg for it-big guns...puppy dog eyes?) Loved this, and hope you have a great weekend :) (And sorry for the late review-hits self with wet noodle)
Rachelly chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Wow! Wow! I am speechless, kiddo! This is simply amazing. I'm just breathless. Where do I start? I can so see this happening. Sam truly was broken when he felt there wasn't something watching over him to save him like God. He was so vulnerable and definitely ripe for the taking. Your writing of him, his inner struggle, his will to save Dean, all of it was amazing.

The way you tied it into the previous eppy was astounding! So well written!

Meg's plotting, planning, and conversation was so eerie and spot on for her character, so evil, so caniving...gave me goosebumps!

Your descriptions, adjectives, details were simply incredible and added so much to your piece as well!

Bravo! Magnificent! Such a treat to read and reread! Well done, cutie! Just amazing!
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
OMG! You nailed Meg's dialogue perfectly.

And I like how you wove Houses of the Holy into the action - very believable. During the ep I kept thinking back, trying to remember when Meg might have had a shot at Sam.

Poor Sam saw his dad in hell and now Meg is after Dean and there's nothing he can do to stop it. Sounds like a pretty rough day all in all.

Dean just thinks Sam is quiet and doesn't realize Hurricane Meg is on a collision course with him.

If only they had turned the ep into a two parter...your version explains beautifully how Meg took over Sam.
KateCyrus chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Hey Caroline!

Nice job - love the way you had this start in the previous episode! Great read!

-kc
irismay42 chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
You had some great ideas in here! I'd wondered myself how 'Meg' had got into Sam in the first place! Very ingenious answer! I love how you tied it into Houses of the Holy too!
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
I guess that makes sense. Demons are opportunistic creatures, are they not?

HT
Carikube chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
This is my favorite of all your stories, and not just because it is a pre-tag to an amazing ep, but because the writing of it has a depth and emotional honesty that draws my breath. I believe in Meg, I hate her and fear her, but I believe in her madness and lust for revenge. That makes her all the more frightening.

I have many favorite lines. This is my first, because it makes my heart twitch for Sam. He’s not there, he’s not in frame, but he doesn’t need to be, because she has nailed him perfectly and I hate her for it – and love you for writing it!

** He was always so tortured and broody. It was like candy for the soul to watch him twist and turn in his own personal agony.

And this line makes me hurt, in a good, angsty kinda way:

** She listened as he drowned in sorrow, confessing that he prayed. Prayed! Like he had a chance in Hell…

** His emotions were like a smorgasbord to her starving, tainted soul. But she could be patient….

Beautiful! This whole scene is flawlessly done, every word carefully chosen and right in its place, each giving meaning to the next. I understand Meg, I can even (dare I say) empathize with her, and it sets me in fear of what is to come for both boys.

** She watched his face as the fallen priest returned again in full-on white-light glory.

Simple words, but hauntingly powerful and vivid. Your writing shines, my friend. You demonstrate a maturity and grace with your treatment of Meg, and I am in awe. Lovely!

You know one of my pet peeves is writer's changing POV (swapping heads). Hey, don't roll your eyes at me! *lol* But this scene breaks Sam’s POV so fleetingly that I am utterly entranced. I ‘become’ Sam, I ache for him, my heart pounds faster as I try to break free. I feel the pain of the brand on his arm, the horror of the words that the possessed priest says to him. I feel it all, right through to my core, because you allow me time with Sam – as Sam, without breaking my concentration and I bow to you for that! Thank you! I kiss your feet… well, not literally, but… well… okay, I’ll shut up now. *giggle*

My fave lines in this scene… the whole freakin’ thing (except for those few times you swap heads... *ducks as Caroline tries to smack at me*) *big grin* Okay, I’m sure I can find some super-faves to pick out for you.

** A fire roared in the corner of the room, dispelling the chill Sam had felt moments ago. He turned his imposing frame to the priest who gestured for him to sit. Sam found the nearest chair and settled in, fiddling with the zipper on his jacket.

The detail here is exquisite, from the roaring fire to Sam’s nervousness as he fiddles with his jacket. This draws me in, gives me a sense of space, of Sam’s emotions (without ‘telling’ me) and gives me a false sense of ease. Stunningly done.

The branding is crisp and brutally effective. I winced. Really. And I’m so pleased you included that, I wondered how Meg had managed to get that on him.

** “Why are you fighting, Sam? You know this is your destiny. You can never be good,” the priest seared as he pulled the instrument away, leaving a sizzling circle with a line on his flesh. “You were bred for evil. Chosen. Even before you were born. And today, you take your first steps toward your new life.”

The fangirl in me starts flailing and whimpering… not my Sammy. No sweetie, no… *resists urge to jump into story, shake Dean and tell him to rush in and save Sam. Now!* *wink*

** That smile. All Meg.

Awesome! Simple, and so effective!

** Sam knew how much demons loved to monologue, so he egged ‘Meg’ on, hoping to distract her.

Tee-hee. Yeah, they do love to monologue, huh! Love it!

** “Please…” Sam tried, one last time through clenched teeth.

Guh, Sammy! *flails* I go all gooey when that boy begs, because we all know it takes a lot to break him, but Meg does it and it hurts (really hurts) to see it. It's yummy too though... *wink*

** They rode off together; brothers united on a subject of symmetry. For now. Each coming a little closer to the common ground. Willing to give a little. To see how far they could bend to make it work.

Faith was a hard thing these days.

Awesome! Okay, I know I’m wearing that out, but really, the depth and accuracy of that statement is stunning.

I love that you give us Dean’s POV at the end, because the episode starts with his POV. It’s a nice vignette that leads into the ep itself.

** The next day, Sam was gone.

And this… this breaks my heart. I will rewatch this ep, in the face of having read this story, and it will affect me more. I just know it will.

Thank you for writing this, and for working to make it just right. Your attention to detail and desire to excel will take you far, my friend. This piece demonstrates it.