Reviews for Stronger Than Hope
Elly chapter 23 . 5/1
This is so much stronger than the suicide scene in canon. It's so much more impactful being Harry's choice, and it's just... The preplanning adds more tension than a whirlwind pensive then o guess I gotta go commit suicide by cop. I mean after the year Harry had in DH I'd fucking do it too, there was no agency to his actions there but here there is.
guest chapter 8 . 1/28
Can't take more Snape torture. In canon he never got any semblance of a break; I'm unwilling to see him torn to shreds by the brat.
guest chapter 2 . 1/28
Given what we know of Snape's background, in his place I'd be a bastard too if some brat did that to me. I can only hope that Snape catches on in time.
shah927 chapter 50 . 12/17/2021
This was an amazing story! I think I finished it in 3 days because I was so hooked.
I liked how you portrayed a realistic Snape, rather than a 180 from angry and vindictive to loving Harry.
I thought Harry's motivation was on point and I could completely see him going with the suicide plan.
Overall just amazing
Firenope chapter 28 . 8/15/2021
Well. I would hate for Snape as he is at the moment to manage to sway Harry and have all his wicked ways with the boy.
Hope our most stubborn Griffin will push back once on his feet again and introduce as many doubts about himself in that git's greasy head.
I do love Snape as a character, but yours is a wicked, wicked man.
rosemary62442 chapter 8 . 8/12/2021
but you stated siren song can be applied to legilimens not occlumens.. then how can malfoy be affected by it?
rosemary62442 chapter 15 . 8/12/2021
your story is so far simply brilliant! I always found it sad that so little seems go give rufus a credit for his sacrifice to harry(not that this rufus is saint or something) and your snape, in my opinion, is just perfect image of canon. I am glad to find decent story without ridiculous bashing or OOCs...and your writing is superb!
rosemary62442 chapter 11 . 8/11/2021
and your description about the potion is so confusing...first it was about melting your organs and burnig the body like glauce and then pelias? he was thrown to the cauldron and boiled to death, not just simply burned like glauce. how can the body eben broke when it is already burning?
rosemary62442 chapter 11 . 8/11/2021
can't even understand just why that bloody potion wasn't in the restricted section. I mean, at least polyjuice wasn't lethal! it certainly sounds like restricted, from the origin to the effects.
Guest chapter 50 . 6/11/2021
This story makes a fascinating read. I definitely think Snape’s character is altered somewhat from the books, but it seems like an interesting look at how he might have been without Lily’s friendship.
DeadFish37 chapter 24 . 6/10/2021
What an ending to the first arc. So far, you've done a great job of building up Snape's respect for Harry's abilities alongside his inability to relinquish his hatred. You've also show the slow corruption of Harry's life really well, and the culmination was very nicely written.

I don't really see why Harry couldn't write a genuine letter of support for Featherstone's arrest. If Scrimgeour and the Wizengamot have checked he's definitely guilty, then it's not the same as Sirius in the slightest. He could even write in the letter that Azkaban is a disgusting place and an alternative should be found in the long term, but that he recognises the middle of a war is not the right time for that.
tahminax chapter 50 . 3/18/2021
Blind affection never does any good. I'm delighted at your Dumbledore bashing. It was perfect. On a second note, Snape's not OOC, and I heartily thank you for such a thing.
Finally, such a fantastic read! Truly enjoyed it.
tahminax chapter 36 . 3/17/2021
Nasty, yes, but not too nasty. Exactly, my type.
tahminax chapter 26 . 3/17/2021
Dark!Harry is utterly fine as long as the victim deserves it. It's not really being Dark, rather just the right thing to do when time demands it.
tahminax chapter 24 . 3/17/2021
Fantastic! Things have never been this amazing!
1,635 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »