Reviews for Resolving a Misunderstanding
Apodrru chapter 49 . 3/19/2007
I don't normally read fanfiction about Harry Potter, but I found my way to this one and I am very happy that I did. Over the last few days I have read the entire story to date - to the detriment of other things I should have been doing.

I am in awe of your ability to write. The story is creative and descriptive. It is also well-written and doesn't have a lot of distracting grammatical and/or spelling errors.

I have some ideas about what Gertie wants, but I will keep my suppositions to myself for now.
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 18 . 3/19/2007
Was the "The author begs everyone's pardon for the truly terrible title for this chapter, but she simply couldn't resist" in the style of the Marauders (like in the Marauders Map, when it is insulting Snape in Prisoner of Azkaban)? I found it funny :)
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 10 . 3/19/2007
Part IXb: A Complicated Situation. Is this before or after Minerva gets upset with Dumbledore. You seem to jump around a bit, I'm never sure when in the story you are. I'm going to re-read the previous chapters to try to figure out. I really like this, by the way, it's one of the only fanfics I've read that's about the teachers. THANK YOU for having your story not consist of only dialogue (that sentence was a bit awkward, wasn't it:) and THANK YOU for not. Putting periods in awkward places. Like that. Some people do, and it really ticks me off. THANK YOU for spelling things correctly and, lastly, THANK YOU for having good grammar. Ok, I'm reading the rest of it now.
Nea Syzitisi chapter 49 . 3/19/2007
How proper. I probably would have read the lists. :D
Goddess McG chapter 49 . 3/19/2007
"Curiosity Piqued" is right! :) You sure have mine piqued! Two carming chapters. I must say I'm very curious as to know what Albus has asked of Gertrude. And I'm even more curious as to find out what it is gertrude wants with Minerva, and if it's related to what Albus has asked her. Loved Poppy's not so subtle hints to a Minerva that just doesn't quite seem to catch on to it. Or is just ignoring it. I wonder where Fawkes has been, but he's definately trying to help in his own way. Such a nice bird ;) And I'm glad Albus is finally starting to get it together and realise a few important things :D looking forward to her meeting with Hagrid, and even more to your mysterious surprises.
PiER chapter 49 . 3/19/2007
Gotta love Poppy :D

'Curiosity Piqued' - it sure is!

What has Gertie got up her sleeve? I can't wait for the visit to Cornwall.

And why would our very own BFG be upset? Did he accidentally sit on a flobberworm?

Looking forward to more! Especially the meeting with Albus on Saturday!

PiER
Satyah chapter 48 . 3/19/2007
"Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre" or, like you said, "Good things come to those who wait". I've done a mantra of this :) Those two are either blind, or stubborn... or both. Most probably both. But this is great, and this chapter was really insightful and beautifully written. Love the interaction between Albus and Fawkes ;)

La suite?
OldFashionedGrl chapter 48 . 3/19/2007
Yes, a couple of puzzles. What was the emberassing debacle a few years ago, but more importantly what is this thing he has asked Gertie to do? I'm curious about the first but I'm dying to know the second.

Also I'm really looking forward to Minerva's conversation with Poppy.

It seems both Minerva and Albus are very good at being quite hard on themselves.

Gripping story all around!
Nea Syzitisi chapter 48 . 3/18/2007
Aw, poor Albus! So I'm really loving the painfully, slowly unfolding plot you've got going here. Hm, that sentence was a bit awkward grammatically. Anyway, you've got me on tenterhooks, so I guess that means that you're still doing an excellent job (of course). Keep it up!

-£aura
witherwings1972 chapter 48 . 3/18/2007
Hm am I allowed to bang their heads together and tell them to talk to each other about the way they feel?

lol

Maria
Jessa L'Rynn chapter 48 . 3/18/2007
I wondered where he'd got to in all this. :-)

A few riddles indeed.

-What does Dumbledore want Gertrude to do?

-Why doesn't Gertrude want to do?

-What's going to happen to Melina and her boyfriend and the Statute of Secrecy?

-What's wrong with Hagrid?

-What's up with the invite?

A few answers that I think I might have?

-No CLUE

-Even less of a clue, although there's something of the Slytherin Matchmakers Department in her behavior - I'm sorry, Minerva's right, she didn't even finish her pudding.

-Surely the Statute of Secrecy allows you to at least tell him if you plan on marrying him, right? One would hope. Otherwise, the divorce rate would be astonishing, from muggles only finding out after the fact. I should think a quiet truth-telling and an obliviate if necessary would be reasonable. Certainly more reasonable than expecting a new husband to find out he doesn't know his wife at all (or vice versa).

-Either he doesn't want Professor Grubbly-Plank to leave or possibly he doesn't know why he can't have the job. Then again, it could be anything, anything at all, where Hagrid is concerned.

-Gertrude is a Gamp, related to the Blacks, which means the Cornwall visit may have something to do with that lot. This is the fifties, right, so it's before Voldemort's really raised his ugly head. Right now, he's wandering the world, stirring up mischief, still. Wonder what else folks might be up to and why she wants Minerva on hand to... "help" with it.

Things I'm wondering:

-The best romances are always the impossible ones. Funny, you don't think it's impossible 'til you do the math. It occurred to me that this one could conceivably go without resolution 'til the Lightning Struck Tower if no further pressure was applied. So what are you going to do to them next? *grin*

-Are wizarding healers given psychology instruction? I expect they'd have to be, wouldn't they? I can't wait to see what Poppy does to her.

Thank you so much for continuing this. I know this review's a bit long winded, but I enjoy this story a lot. It's like the custom of Christmas presents. Someone gives you one and you ask "What is it?" even though nobody ever tells.
Goddess McG chapter 47 . 3/17/2007
It might have been short, but the quality hasn't changed. It's kinda sad that Minerva doesn't feel she has anyone in her life she trusts enough to tell her inner most thoughts and feelings about Albus, but maybe also a good thing since secret are better kept if not shared by many. But still having her go have a caht with Poppy might backfire...we know what happend the last time Minerva had a serious chat with her! I'm looking forward to see what comes of Minerva's uhm research. But I do believe I'm most anxious to see what happens in Cornwall. As always...great work and I'm looking forward to the next part of your story ;)
Nessa Inwe chapter 47 . 3/17/2007
I very much enjoyed it. I'm anxious to see what happens with the Cornwall visit!
PiER chapter 47 . 3/17/2007
Another brilliant chapter!

I'm still not sure about Gertie but it looks like I will just have to wait and see.

I liked the "Albus, Albus, dear," comment in chapter 46 :D

Can't wait for the visit with Poppy!

PiER
Nea Syzitisi chapter 46 . 3/16/2007
Aww. That was such a cute chapter. I was so excited that you updated this quickly! Because I have no life...
2,399 | « Prev Page 1 .. 144 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 .. Last Next »