Reviews for Resolving a Misunderstanding
Satyah chapter 48 . 3/19/2007
"Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre" or, like you said, "Good things come to those who wait". I've done a mantra of this :) Those two are either blind, or stubborn... or both. Most probably both. But this is great, and this chapter was really insightful and beautifully written. Love the interaction between Albus and Fawkes ;)

La suite?
OldFashionedGrl chapter 48 . 3/19/2007
Yes, a couple of puzzles. What was the emberassing debacle a few years ago, but more importantly what is this thing he has asked Gertie to do? I'm curious about the first but I'm dying to know the second.

Also I'm really looking forward to Minerva's conversation with Poppy.

It seems both Minerva and Albus are very good at being quite hard on themselves.

Gripping story all around!
Nea Syzitisi chapter 48 . 3/18/2007
Aw, poor Albus! So I'm really loving the painfully, slowly unfolding plot you've got going here. Hm, that sentence was a bit awkward grammatically. Anyway, you've got me on tenterhooks, so I guess that means that you're still doing an excellent job (of course). Keep it up!

-£aura
witherwings1972 chapter 48 . 3/18/2007
Hm am I allowed to bang their heads together and tell them to talk to each other about the way they feel?

lol

Maria
Jessa L'Rynn chapter 48 . 3/18/2007
I wondered where he'd got to in all this. :-)

A few riddles indeed.

-What does Dumbledore want Gertrude to do?

-Why doesn't Gertrude want to do?

-What's going to happen to Melina and her boyfriend and the Statute of Secrecy?

-What's wrong with Hagrid?

-What's up with the invite?

A few answers that I think I might have?

-No CLUE

-Even less of a clue, although there's something of the Slytherin Matchmakers Department in her behavior - I'm sorry, Minerva's right, she didn't even finish her pudding.

-Surely the Statute of Secrecy allows you to at least tell him if you plan on marrying him, right? One would hope. Otherwise, the divorce rate would be astonishing, from muggles only finding out after the fact. I should think a quiet truth-telling and an obliviate if necessary would be reasonable. Certainly more reasonable than expecting a new husband to find out he doesn't know his wife at all (or vice versa).

-Either he doesn't want Professor Grubbly-Plank to leave or possibly he doesn't know why he can't have the job. Then again, it could be anything, anything at all, where Hagrid is concerned.

-Gertrude is a Gamp, related to the Blacks, which means the Cornwall visit may have something to do with that lot. This is the fifties, right, so it's before Voldemort's really raised his ugly head. Right now, he's wandering the world, stirring up mischief, still. Wonder what else folks might be up to and why she wants Minerva on hand to... "help" with it.

Things I'm wondering:

-The best romances are always the impossible ones. Funny, you don't think it's impossible 'til you do the math. It occurred to me that this one could conceivably go without resolution 'til the Lightning Struck Tower if no further pressure was applied. So what are you going to do to them next? *grin*

-Are wizarding healers given psychology instruction? I expect they'd have to be, wouldn't they? I can't wait to see what Poppy does to her.

Thank you so much for continuing this. I know this review's a bit long winded, but I enjoy this story a lot. It's like the custom of Christmas presents. Someone gives you one and you ask "What is it?" even though nobody ever tells.
Goddess McG chapter 47 . 3/17/2007
It might have been short, but the quality hasn't changed. It's kinda sad that Minerva doesn't feel she has anyone in her life she trusts enough to tell her inner most thoughts and feelings about Albus, but maybe also a good thing since secret are better kept if not shared by many. But still having her go have a caht with Poppy might backfire...we know what happend the last time Minerva had a serious chat with her! I'm looking forward to see what comes of Minerva's uhm research. But I do believe I'm most anxious to see what happens in Cornwall. As always...great work and I'm looking forward to the next part of your story ;)
Nessa Inwe chapter 47 . 3/17/2007
I very much enjoyed it. I'm anxious to see what happens with the Cornwall visit!
PiER chapter 47 . 3/17/2007
Another brilliant chapter!

I'm still not sure about Gertie but it looks like I will just have to wait and see.

I liked the "Albus, Albus, dear," comment in chapter 46 :D

Can't wait for the visit with Poppy!

PiER
Nea Syzitisi chapter 46 . 3/16/2007
Aww. That was such a cute chapter. I was so excited that you updated this quickly! Because I have no life...
Goddess McG chapter 46 . 3/16/2007
Very nice. Very nice indeed. I like that you have Albus asking her advice on teachers, and the hint at the soon to be available head of house position...seems she's now a step closer to the wise head of house and hard working deputy we all know and love:) And I like that Albus seems to find just a bit of his Gryffindor courage at the end. I'm looking forward to see what will happen next as always :)
kahpfan chapter 46 . 3/16/2007
I've got a sneaking suspicion what Gertrude's not going to change her mind about. I think Albus has something in addition to Head of Griffindor in mind given the jobs he's asked her to do and what he's discussing with her. I wonder if he thinks it'll give him proof he needs to convince her to accept! DOn't want to say too much in case others haven't stumbled to the same idea as me and also if I'm wrong. I won't look quite as big a fool!

Keep up the good work :-)

Kahpfan
none chapter 46 . 3/16/2007
I'm so glad that you've enabled anonymous reviews because I find myself being denied every time I really want to comment on things (which I've forgotten now).

Like other readers, part of me is banging my head against the wall for the two to get together already but the other part of me is dreading it because I don't know if you'll continue writing x-number of chapters once they do get together. Well, keep up the good work!
Goddess McG chapter 45 . 3/15/2007
Hm very interesting. Minerva, not a pureblood and a Gryffindor, invited to a Slythering family get together thing? That should be interesting. Think she'd need back-up? Nah she can take 'em ;9 But one does wonder what Gertrude is up to. probably something sneaky and very slytherin.

I loved the scene with Minerva the cat in Albus' lap ;D And how do we stop this tendency Albus has to put himself down..I know find out that the feelings are mutual ;9 I know, I know good things come to those who wait :)
kahpfan chapter 45 . 3/15/2007
Not been able to get on the computer for two days then find 3 updates! Loving this story, I can't help but wonder what will push one or the other into admiting their feelings! They're edging closer and closer but don't have the confidence... YET.

I have already said this earlier but I will say it again your characterisation of both Minerva and Albus is excellent I can see both of them very clearly. I must say though I share Minerva's exasperation with Blampa! That elf is unusual! :-)
witherwings1972 chapter 45 . 3/15/2007
oh neither of them knows how the other feels. I wonder how you'll resolve this? I'll bet you have figured that out though.

lol