Reviews for Resolving a Misunderstanding
kenti chapter 24 . 8/10/2013
nice piece! ;)
EmeraldSerpent5450 chapter 160 . 6/17/2013
I cannot believe that it has taken me two years to return to this story. It has constantly returned to my mind, due both to how much I loved the story and to the author who actually responded to my reviews. I promised a review at the final chapter for the entire story, and you said that you were looking forward to it; I never made it to the final chapter – and the excuse that life got in the way is no excuse at all for such a marvelous story! I was surprised at how much I remembered after two years, but this has little to do with my own memory and more to do with the skill of the author and the depth of the characters that made it memorable. Each of the original characters felt so real that they did not even feel like original characters, like the ones in other fanfictions that I have read so often do. Minerva’s entire family was so real and believable, and I remember that even the first time around I saw Gertrude as a sort of model that Minerva grew into as the years went by. My favorite of the originals, and I expressed a similar sentiment in my previous reviews two years ago, is definitely Quin. Getting a second, slightly more mature view of it all, I had a sense of pity for him that I did not have the first time, however. I had an inkling that he was falling for Minerva, before you made it more obvious that he cared for her more than was good for him, despite the rational part of his brain that surely told him it was unwise. Some of the conversations Minerva had with him about how she felt pathetic with her feelings for Albus struck a more personal cord with me this time around, because I feel that I have had that very same conversation with my best friend recently – although she has grown tired of listening to me speak of him. I know exactly how Minerva feels, taking the greatest joy out of a smile or a short and silly conversation, but the greatest misery from cooler encounters.

The only thing that I remember intending to say two years ago when I was planning my final review, was that this story was an emotional rollercoaster – indeed it is – but one that I enjoyed very much, and easily subjected myself to twice. This time around, I took notes – which I lost, so I decided to write a rough draft as soon as I realized I lost them (I was still only on chapter 137 at the time) – because an author who I know has responded to my two previous reviews deserves the best review that I can provide, especially for such a fantastic story. Indeed it is one of my favorite fanfictions, if not my favorite. The 160 chapters are certainly worth it. Before I began I told my dad in passing that I was going to be lost in fanfiction for a time, reading a story that was “about 150 chapters” that I had read most of before, but never finished. I also mentioned that I would be writing a review. He suggested that I tell you to make it shorter. My eyes literally widened and I – no exaggeration – vehemently replied, “Nooooooooo!” This story is definitely worth it.

I have mentioned that Quin is my favorite of the original characters. This time around, I like Gertrude better than I did before, partially because I knew that she was headed for Malcolm. I found the “Sherlock Holmes” moment when they first met funnier than I had the last time, because I already knew what was going to happen between them – who could forget that scene Minerva stumbled upon? My favorite quote was definitely a Wilspy quote: “You's – you's – you's a MESS!" I laughed so hard, and then I would stop, read it again, and laugh again. The absurdity of her saying that… I cannot describe. I loved it. Then, there was a quote during THE misunderstanding (after the kiss), that I know I didn’t find funny the first time, but knowing what was coming this time, I could appreciate the humor of it. If the situation had not been so serious, I think it would be funny in any case: “Not now . . . I just did something of such monumental stupidity, I cannot even describe . . . but I can't talk about it yet." I have a rather unusual sense of humor, though, I have been told, but “monumental stupidity” sounds less pity-worthy this time around and more melodramatic.

Last time, I stayed up until 2:13 to read to the fateful chapter 138. This time, I stayed up until 4:17 getting to that same point. However, once I got beyond that point, I purposely dragged through it, going to bed at reasonable times, in the hope that I would make it last longer. I'm sad to leave this story, and I might come back to it one day. For now, however, I'm going to take a peek at some of those other stories you have listed at the end of chapter 160. I'm looking forward to getting lost in them!

This is a positively mammoth review... is that weird?
CrazyLovingMMAD Fan chapter 160 . 3/13/2013
I love this story!
Good job!
Caroline A. Ginger chapter 52 . 10/20/2012
I really am like this fan fiction so far. I can wait to find out what happens in the end. I wish I could spend my whole day reasons it but I have things to do and places to go- what a shame. Thanks for writing this.
rosa chapter 24 . 5/4/2012
es muy fantastico!
fabariel13 chapter 160 . 11/4/2011
OMG MOST EPIC FIC OF MY LIFE! So much angst, but also so much backstory and detail that Albus and Minerva FINALLY getting together in Chapter 138 is so much more meaningful. You are a genius. Thank you :)
EmeraldSerpent5450 chapter 138 . 8/20/2011
YES! Finally! Oh, I loved it! Perfect! Early on, I imagined that one of them would finally slip up, kiss the other, be horrified that they slipped, and run off, making excuses. While it didn't happen exactly like that - Albus blamed himself even though Minerva kissed him - I was pretty proud of myself for that. And Quin! QUIN! I had fantasized that he would confront Albus regarding Minerva's feelings, but I could never imagine it in a way that I liked it, so I assumed that it was too much for the story and it wouldn't hppen. But it DID! And I LOVED it! I was literally jumping up and down in my seat when I read that Quin was going to talk to Albus. I had to step away from the story for a minute to calm myself, and when I finally sat back down, I still had a Chesire cat grin on my face. And then there's this chapter. I was smiling the whole way through. Minerva's reaction was, of course, perfect. I think I actually loved that part more than when they finally exchanged I love yous - but it's a close thing, make no mistake! I was on the edge of my seat since Albus flew out the door, and I kept pushing back the time I was going to go to bed: it was 2:13 I believe, but my memory is fogged by the awesomeness of the story. That may have just been the last time I bothered to check the clock. I'm pretty sure I had a dream about it, but I'm not positive. Well, anyway, that's why I waited until this chapter to review; I couldn't stop! You should be expecting another review from me at the last chapter. I've already thought about some of the things I want to say, and am preventing myself from doing so until the end because they're about the story as a whole. Love it love it love it love it LOVE IT. Now on to the next chapter!
EmeraldSerpent5450 chapter 71 . 8/14/2011
I really don't want to stop reading, but I had to take the time to give you another example of just how GOOD you are (for all your other reviewers must have already let you know). I am quite the religious MMAD shipper, and my friends think I'm crazy for it, but I actually love your OC Quin so much that I have some unexplainable urge for he and Minerva to be together! I personally think it's amazing that you've managed to do that to me in the middle of a *MMAD* fic, especially when, in a very cruel case of dramatic irony, I know that Minerva and Albus are only for each other in heart! And to think I was at first hesitant to read your story because of it's length...well, my dear, you had me hooked at the first chapter. I walked around Disney World reading your story. Disney World. I wanted to pull out my phone and read it on RIDES. I'm going to stop stroking your ego now, because I'd really like to continue reading!
Guest chapter 160 . 5/11/2011
Finally finished this rather fantastic story and can't believe how good it is! Brilliant work! I will be reading as many of your other stories as I can from now on!
xxhiphuggersxx chapter 95 . 5/2/2011
Damn it Albus! I've been reading 95 chapters! It better get more intense! P.S good job!
Absidoodle chapter 57 . 4/17/2011
Working my way though this and so far it is fantastic! I saw it mentioned in another fic and decided to give it a go. You're a very good writer and use the characters in a way that is familiar from the books but with your own stamp- and your own characters fit and stay in their roles very well too!

I am determined to read this to the end and then probably read some of the rest of your work too but I was hoping you would pm me and let me know what minerva's password, and albus' suggestion, translate to? Each of the translators I have tried gave me different results!
ScarletOHarra chapter 157 . 4/14/2011
This is one of my ultimate favourites! The lemony version in the other sites are really good and emotional :) I love it! I took turns reading it from here and there so I would be able to read the story as a whole..

I really love the fact that you took the time to create a very unique ADMM universe.. and a very detailed one at that! I love the backstories of both Albus and Minerva and how you told their lovestory from the very beginning. That really helped build up the tension and made me understand more of how they both felt deeply.. This must be one of the most emotional fics I have ever read! I've cried about some of the earlier chapters especially when they really have big misunderstandings... This is just so emotional and so beautiful I feel so lucky to stumble upon this story..

You are a great author! I love you and your works! Keep it up and I hope you never tire of writing stories about ADMM :D

God Bless you!
Crow's Talon chapter 160 . 12/28/2010
Wow. This is easily one of the best stories I have ever read on this site. Your sense of detail is simply superb, your OCs fully fleshed-out and interesting, the plot deeply detailed and moving, and your language is simply poetic.

Brilliantly done all around.
Nackroniz chapter 7 . 12/7/2010
LOVE IT! poor Albus.. and Minerva, anyway, your doing a great job (:
Darla chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
One of the best HP fanfiction stories I've read. You have a gift with words.
2,393 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »