Reviews for Trial by Land
twinklet26 chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
This is really REALLY good, the way that you captured both of their characters and the beginning of the parting of their ways. You get the feeling that perhaps if only Basch had stayed, Noah may not have joined the Empire and everything would have been different. You also got their connection and brotherhood at the beginning very well, as well as the subtle differences between them that can be recognized at the end.

Both brothers are amazing characters ; I'm glad you wrote this (:

Keep it up.

-tWiNkLeT
The Blearing Phoenix chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
It's only at the end that you truly realise that the brothers are about to separate. Yet I've gotten the sense that Basch always longed to be independent, to taste fresh air, to fight and struggle through life on his own. I always got the feeling that Noah was the one who constantly admired Basch and who willed himself to bleed and cry and fight to be like him.

You explained that although the two have a tolerance for constantly nicking their skin, skinning their knees, and wandering amongst brambles in the wilderness together, they also have this longing to separate. Twins cannot survive through life constantly sharing each other's thoughts and skin - they have to live on their own and find their own separate identity.

I loved that concept, the realness of it, and how twins really fight with each other over that yearning want for that independence and sense of individuality.

It was just sad to see Basch and Noah fon Ronsenberg go through it, it was painful but acceptable because clearly they had to go through it. I loved this. I understood this, it feels clear in my head - the way you wrote it out.

You've managed to do that special thing that you do with sentence structures again. Ha-ha.

Simply put: This was well-written.

- TBP
aorin chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
Great Basch/Noah story. Interesting character portrayal and sufficing interaction. I absolutely adore how you've portrayed them.

And there I thought, this would be your most light-hearted FFXII story until I reached the end where the twins seemed to have drifted apart. :sobs:

Amongst your FFXII fic, this is currently my favourite. XD
morgan colbourne chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
i have wanted to read something like this story, something about basch and noah, since i first discovered that they were brothers... yet, i never even realized that until i read this.. if that makes any sense.

it's really wonderful, though. i love the contrasts between the two brothers, i love the end, where basch can't read noah's face. the rythym of the story, the emotion of it.. it's all great. there is nothing i can find that is wrong with it. it is THE perfect basch/noah story.