Reviews for The Cow
Cathy1967 chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
Oh goodness. I'm having trouble keeping a straight face here and I read this at work. *laughs* Jeez, that was priceless and so in character. I totally adore your style. Keep up the good work.
unicorn92243 chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
I'm still laughing. Oh that cracks me up. Only Sam would worry about moving a cow from the road and putting it behind a fence.
Winter Stars chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
OMG. That was hilarious. You're a true genius. Sam worrying that someone else might die from hitting Daisy the cow. ::snerk:: How very Sam of Sam to do, lol. And Dean! Gosh, he eats steak. Rare. BWAH!

Thank you so much for the fun read. I had a LONG day at work today, and you made me laugh. Thank you.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Oh god.. I think I ruptured something from laughing at the "methane asphyxiation" part. What a great Dean line! Seriously.

It's just like Sam to want to heave a cow off the road so people won't get hurt, and it proved to be hilarious!

And I love how you both included cow crap in your stories. You just can't have a cow without the poop.

Great read D
Sunrize chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
“I read once that a guy died from methane asphyxiation. Cow farted on him. I think you should step away before it… you know.”

*snickers* Oh, this was priceless. I could just picture the whole thing-Sam's earnest "we gotta save people" face and Dean all cranky and disgusted. Thanks for the chuckle!
hionlife chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Hah! Oh my word.

LOVED them swerving off the road and then Dean trying to be all cool about it. :) AND Sam trying to push the cow back into the field. Good luck with that one, Sammy. :)

And this line:

"Daisy watched them from behind the fence, the headlights reflecting in her opalescent eyes."

Very descriptive in it's simplicity. Made me think that cow was a little smarter than she ought to be, like maybe she would be finding her way around that fence again real soon. :) Or maybe she was just pining over Dean. :D

Well done.
Ciya chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Holy cow! :) Great story. Dean's lucky that he missed the cow, my Uncle hit a bull, at night with a TransAm. Neither bovine nor car survived the encounter. Needless to say, my Uncle no longer drives at night.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
:Sigh: I love this new thing you and A-Blackwinged-Bird are doing. It's so fun!

Dean caught up to his brother, ground to a halt and stared. Sam had his palms pressed against the cow’s flanks, biceps bulging as he struggled to coax the grass chomping beast off the bitumen.

“Don’t just stand there,” Sam said, his breath forming half puffs into the cool night air. “Help me

HAHAHAHAHAHA! He's trying to help it off the road! Oh, man. You just know that Sam was that kid who brought home lost kittens and chipmunks with twisted ankles.

“No,” Sam said, cutting him off. “I don’t.” The younger man looked up, his eyes shining with moist honesty. “And, that was a compliment you jerk.”

Aww! Dean is one hell of a driver. It's nice that Sam noticed.

This was very funny.

There's one thing though, and this could just be me, but:

"The torch in his hand moved, the single beam wavering against the blackened interior."

Sam and Dean wouldn't have a 'torch' they'd have a 'flashlight'. But see, since neither one of them actually said the word and it was only used as a description I think it can easily go by unnoticed. Again, just a personal opinion that you can feel free to disregard.

Love the fic!
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
BWAH. That? Made my NIGHT. You have no idea how much I needed that.

You get major bonus points for this line: "The bitch shat on me."

"Shat" is one of my favorite words EVER. Kripke really needs to find a way to sneak it onto the show. :D

JJ
friendly chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
too funny...
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Very cute! And so funny. Thanks for the entertainment!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Very funny!
Trish62 chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
Loved your version, both were good, though. Great dialogue.
nolongeractivedfgdfgd chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
lmao. that was extremely cute. I loved the dialogue with the brothers here and I could totally see Sam moving the cow off the street so that it or somebody doesn't get hurt. That was too funny, great job!

Love,

~SS29~
Evergreene chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
This was wonderful in so many ways, Caroline! Hilariously funny, yet with that gorgeous compliment from Sam about Dean's driving in the middle of it. Aw.

Sammy the shaggy-headed turtle, lol! This is just the cutest image ever.

"...several hundred pounds of fillet mignon stared balefully at them from the centre of the road" I can totally imgaine this, Caroline, wonderful description.

Dean's ever so helpful comment: "That's not working"

Love the brother banter.

And this next part has gotta be one of my all time favourite exchanges:

Dean looked over his shoulder to the Impala. “You think cows eat M&M’s?”

“No.”

“Chocolate has milk in it.”

ROTFL! Hilarious!

I'm really enjoying these prompts that you and A-Blackwinged-Bird are playing with, it makes for some wonderful reading. Looking forward to the next one!
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »