Reviews for Unappreciated Service
k2scartoons chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Oh, man! I feel for you. The life of an educator can get pretty hard at times. I have seen some teachers that have become very jaded in their career and it effects how they teach and grade papers. You just have to focus on the good things, the rare moments where it actually feels rewarding to be a teacher. When you see that one student who struggles so hard finally get that one good grade they so desperately wanted. I was liek that. I remember struggling all through school. I had learning disabilities and a habit of procrastination that did not help me at all, but one thing I did discover was that I was exceptionally good at writing. Ironic, because I used to hate reading and writing when I was younger, but after getting into fantasy books like Terry Brooks and Dianne Duane, I discovered I trully loved reading. ANd then I discovered fanfiction and writing became a whole new thing with me. I discovered I was really good and actually passed my creative writing class with my very first A ever, I was so excited!
Anyway, I am way off track here, sorry about that. Good story, it really shows what a teacher goes through. I love Lancer as a character and am very glad that the writers decided to make him a more sympathetic character then when they first started out. I do wish the series had lasted longer, I would have loved to see a few more moments where Lancer showed how awesome a teacher he is, like in Teacher of the Year.
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Poor Lancer. Noe I kinda understand how my own teacher would most probably have felt when my class when on a hell-bend mode to not learn.
jeanette9a chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
, smily!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Wow.. Deep. Angsty. Very angsty ;)
Redmage2 chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I had a much wordier review about how right your story is in every single way and how awesome you are for writing it-and then the internet ate it. So just know that both you and your fic are fantastic.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
ego tuum laudat
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
*sigh*

The teacher's age-old dilemma.

I am not a teacher myself, but I've been a Teacher's Assistant, and I understand where Lancer is coming from.

Ingrates...
SquirrelGirl13 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Sounds like a few of my English classes actualy. Very good work! I love Lancer! This is so going on my faves!
Zuzanny chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
Poor Mr. Lancer. :(

I would like more fics from his point of view. I like the way you write him. :)
dizappearingirl chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
_ Yay. Go Mr. Lancer! You rock!
Gen-chan chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
I see your internship is good for some things? *hugs* Awesome fic.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
wow, this is a good one. now that i think of it, why didn't somebody do this type of fic before? anywhoo, i really liked it. you made it a one shot, but i think you gave it enough room for it to be made for more chapters...

happy valentine's day!,

brittney

p.s. shoot, i was supposed to post my valentine's day story today. all of it. *shrugs* o well, at least i got the first chapter done... yes, i needed to say that. personally, nobody else in my family cares for Danny Phantom, much less ff.
XME chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
I have a class at school where the kids are like that. It's horrible. The teacher has to keep telling them all to be quiet and listen every two seconds. Gr... Makes me want to hit all of my idiot classmates. I'm considering yelling at everyone one of these days, despite my shyness. They're just so *annoying*. I feel so bad for the teacher, because she's really nice.

So... in other words... yay, Sam!
Yami-chan and Unrealistic chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
I love this. I know everyone has been in a classroom situation like the one you describe and you described it well. Practically every sentence I could understand those feelings. Granted, I'm not a teacher and I'm still in school but even as the student who wants to learn you can't help but feel frustrated. I can't even begin to imagine how the teacher or professor must feel.

Mr. Lancer is under appreciated. It's one of the reason why I like the episode 'Teacher of the Year'. For once he isn't the butt of the joke and he acts in the manner of a model teacher. I liked your last line a lot. It speaks volumes.

Great insight fic.

-UR :-)
Nonasuki-chan chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
I agree. People need to respect the teachers. The other day, one of the classes in my school made a sub cry. It wasn't right. I feel sorry for Lancer. Awesome story!