Reviews for A NotSoFuzzy Valentine's Day
idol269 chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
This story was disapppointing. It started out so well with the tangible description of Hermione's feelings regarding Lavender. But then it sort of imploded into a Ron-blaming story. Why does Hermione want to be with Ron in this story? She doesn't say or think anything good about him; she insults him throughout the story. The insults are understandable, given her frame of mind, but Ron is given no redeeming qualities whatsoever to make him someone to care about, even with his faults. And seeing Hermione gush over Harry's perfect sympathizing and consoling skills was a bit much.

Finally, we get to the letter, where Ron takes the entire blame for the situation between he and Hermione. Given that it was Hermione who lied to him about her relationship with Krum being only friendly, made it seem like he could only have a good quidditch match with the aid of a lucky potion, and never lifted one finger to try and reconcile with Ron, it's not very realistic or fair for him to be tagged as the only one at fault. Additionally, Ron's letter makes it seem like it was set in stone that he and Hermione would go to Slughorn's party, when in realty all that happened was Hermione gave him a half-arsed invitation along the lines of, "Well, I was going to ask you..." Finally, Ron didn't technically do anything wrong by dating Lavender. He and Hermione weren't goiong out, and her invitation to the party could have been viewed by Ron as a friendly one. Ron's PDA's with Lavender are certainly distasteful, but they aren't malicious. Bottom line, Ron is a prat, but Hermione's a shrew. Their relationship's state of disrepair is a mutual responsibility.
RuthLongbottom chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
thsi wsa so in character! i loved it. and now, i am going to read the sequel :-D
EmRosey chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
OMG! That letter was so RON! So perfect!:]!
Adelaide MacGregor chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Wonderful! As far as I remember it, it fit in perfectly! Great extra chapter to the book!
philologique chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
I thoroughly enjoyed this fanfic, as it captures a day in which Hermione would feel especially pained about Ron and Lavender's "relationship" that I have not seen covered in other stories. And I wholeheartedly understand Hermione's little French insult, since I have a tendency to insult people in French, myself, in order to vent my feelings. (Although I need to stop, as it probably will not work as well next year, when I will be living in a francophone country!)

One minor edit, however: I think that Harry, Ron and Hermione were in herbology, not potions, as you write, when she asked him to Slughorn's Christmas party.

Thank you for writing such a bittersweet piece. It was gripping and cute and slightly angsty. I loved it!
IHateSeverusSnape chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
hey you haven't added more please ad more
ballerinadoll9 chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
I'm soo memorizing that french phrase, lol, aw absolutely ah-dorable story!
funny.ruthie chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
i just read 'perfect', 'okay' (where i already left a review), 'does anyone notice', 'No matter what' and 'ErMyNee'. You are so good! Keep on writing! I'm longing and looking for new ffs. Kisses and hugs
candyapple345 chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
aw

it's so good

i love it!

Happy valentines day( even though it already passed!)

~alishia~ (aka...candyapple345)
hns1387 chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
i thought it was really cute, and very close to the actual characters, which is a difficult thing to do. i liked it a lot
witches with awesomeness chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
awesome! you should write a second chapter, for what happens on valentines day

J.K. rowling had them celebrate valentines day. Does Lochart ring any bells?
mokimik chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
nice story! one thing though: Hermione asks Ron out in Herbology, not potions...

keep writing!

x-mokimik-x
autumnlover chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
i loved it! it was well written and superbly characterized - harry was particularly well done! dont you wish all men were like that? and the letter was inspirational. and im not even sure if that's a word!
HoldingOnToHim chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
soo good...pls make a sequel or something ...it was awsum!
sorrybut chapter 1 . 2/14/2007