Reviews for Five Years Later
soulblazing chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
This screams for more! Nicely done!

This would easily had a few more chapters about Clark earning Bruce's trust back, guilt about having argued with him before the coma, the possibility they may never talk it through and reach at least a truce... I would like to see how Bruce would feel when the news about Superman's coma (and a very possible chance of death) reached his ears.

I would practically see him going to the island where Luthor and Kowalski were and delivering them to justice.
Luc Star chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Ok, this was a great one-shot. You know, I haven’t really seen Superman Returns yet… I have the DVD but I am waiting to head over to a friend’s place to watch it on his home theatre. Anyways, I kind of avoid reading Superman Returns stories as once again, I don’t want to end up ruining my enjoyment of the movie. But nevertheless, something told me I should read this and am I glad I did. I think you captured Batman’s dissatisfaction at Superman’s choice that took him away from earth for about five years. And yes, if Superman could just leave everyone he loved on Earth for a people he never even knew about, he deserved every bit of the lecture he received at the Dark Knight’s hand. Take care, hope to read more from you soon as always.
jadeddiva chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
Nice little angle - I wish it were longer though! I'm a total sucker for Batman-Superman crossovers!
VeltaIO chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
I didn't see the movie and haven't even read any movie based fic but that sounds like something that would have bothered me as well. Bruce's voice really sounded spot on to me. Usually Bruce is more light hearted than the Bat - but when it comes to the parents he doesn't have... Great job.
Lady Elora chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
O... deep. I've always been fascinated with Clark and Bruce's friendship and I think you really kept it true to the comic universe by Bruce's reaction. It did seem a little too easy- Clark's return I mean. I understood his reasons for going... but you don't just pick up and leave like that.

Anyway, great job! :)

The Raging Fire chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Awesome one-shot. I would like to see more stories like this one.
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
This is very well done, and in keeping with canon too... Great work as usual.

Chris St Thomas chapter 1 . 2/14/2007

why are you ending it here. this seems like prelude to something great!
Cycloptic NightBat chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
I love this. I'm glad somebosy wrote this, as I was feeling the same way. You did a great job and everyone is characterized perfectly.
Red Aviary chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
Hm. So's this a comics/movie crossover thing? I don't think Batman ever got the Kryptonite Ring anytime in the movies or anything...

Well, it's short but I liked it. But if you put each new string of dialog in a new paragraph, it would seem longer to most.

TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
Very nicely done.

When you think of it, Clark was selfish to take off looking for Krypton for five years. (In the comics, Clark would never do that, as he considers Earth to be his one true home despite his Kryptonian heritage.)

I got the impression Bruce was angrier about the hurt he inflicted on Martha than anything else.

The banks threated to foreclose on the Kent farm, huh? Why do I get the feeling that after one or two calls to the bank from Bruce Wayne, that was no longer an issue and Martha was no longer worried by finances?

You should do a second chapter. It could be Clark learning that Martha spent five Christmases and/or Thanksgivings as a guest at Wayne Manor (or Bruce came by to visit her). If there was one person outside his immediate circle in Gotham or other superheroes that Bruce would trust with his identity it would be Martha Kent. After all, she's spent decades keeping Clark's secret. Perhaps Clark could find some photos the next time he's visiting home where Martha is seated at the table for Christmas dinner at Wayne Manor, or one where Bruce, Alfred, Tim Drake, et al are sitting down to a Thanksgiving meal in Martha's dining room.
Nautica7mk chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
That was intense, and Clark had it coming so I don't begruge Bruce for feeling betrayed. Hell, he didn't even give anybody but Martha a proper goodbye.